Having Fun Storming the Castle

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Having Fun Storming the Castle

#341 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Against the Giant
Round 18

Mira, Trotter, and Xano are at last reunited with one of their fellow party members. Wyntar quickly explains to them that the two halflings are right in the next room fighting the giant alone. He fails to explain why he is standing out in the hallway by himself, but luckily the group doesn't ask.

The female spell smith weaves another incantation directly from the pages of her book. In an instant, the four companions become invisible. Of course, they will only remain that way as long as they stay very near to Mira, which they don't.

Trotter takes off into the room as soon as he hears that the giant still needs killing and that his kinsmen need help. The other three follow in behind, arriving just in time to witness a most noble and heroic sight.

They enter to see Halo and Blodget, both in full sprint, heading straight for the menacing cloud giant on the other end of the room. Trotter joins in the chase as well, but is too far away to get into the action forthwith. He soon finds that his absence will not matter.

Halo keeps twirling the sunsword around as the giant throws another rock at him. The light shining in his eyes affects his throw and the boulder flies high, over the heroic paladins head. Halo knows that this creature must be brought down, so he charges in bravely and drives his sword deep into the giants lower leg. At nearly that very same time, Blodget rushes in and administers a sting with his own blade, cutting a large gash in the other leg.

Mercifully, the massive creature drops to his knees with a thunderous crash, nearly pinning little Blodget under his massive leg. He begins to topple over the rest of the way as something horrifying happens, immediately revealing that this fight is not yet over. The behemoth's body begins to shudder violently and a black mist begins to form around him. The mist looks like it is somehow coming from directly inside of the giant. Long tendrils of black vapor begin to emanate from his very soul and begin to take the form of a jet black snow demon. Translucent and smoke like, the hideous beast spreads its leathery wings before you and it's vaporous form instantaneously shoots away from you, through the normal door at the back of the room.

Lachlan's body stops shuddering and he collapses to the floor. As he slowly closes his eyes he looks relieved and sad. He speaks to you but you can barely make out the words as he falls into a deep unconsciousness.

Thank...you...help...me...there...are...po...tions...in...the...........harp.

The room becomes eerily quiet again.

Actions!

Wyntar 16/40
Mira 31/32
Morgi 19/49
Blodget 34/56
Halo 3/49
Trotter 30/43
Xano 32/39

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#342 Post by greyarea »

Trotter says, Maybe a giant I coulda liked. He checks on his companions. Are you ok? That was a sight to see. We've got a demon to slay! Come on, follow me! pointing his sword to the door.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by Storm11 »

Halo, weak from blood loss and injury, staggers to the floor. He begins to bind the Giants deep wounds in an effort to keep the great creature from dying at his hand.

"Blodget, brave kinsman, the harp, can you fetch the potions invisibly?" he asks.
Greys Campaign.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Inferno »

Blodget, halfling thief:

"No need!" Blodget smiled humbly to Halo as he produced the final vial from the magic harp, that he had saved in case of an emergency.

"Here, sir! Please wake up!" the little hobbit said to the cloud giant as he tried to feed him the lifesaving potion. "My name is Blodget! It's a real pleasure to finally make your acquaintance, Mister Cloud Giant sir, if'n you don't mind me saying so!

"Please don't leave us now, sir! Please wake up!"
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by tkrexx »

That was very familiar, the invisible Mira can be heard thinking aloud. I will keep watch for it's return, find out what knowledge the Giant possesses of the smoke-being, so we are better able to combat it.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#346 Post by Nuke66 »

Morgi looks to turn aound and fly towards the remaining two Manticors, intending to catch them both in his final lightning bolt before her tries to find his compatriots.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#347 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nothing is Over!

Still flying around alone outside, Morgi releases his 5th bolt of lightning, incinerating yet another of the manticore. (they aren't flying close enough together to get them both at once) Even after seeing his two pride mates fried in mid flight, the remaining dumb creature continues to follow after the druid. The powerful lightning spell has now run through half of its duration. In only ten more minutes of time, the mighty druid of nature will be able to completely obliterate everything in the skies, clearing out every one of the outside threats to the party who remain deep inside the bowels of the castle.

Trotter suggests continuing the chase and heads straight for the door that the black creature just disappeared through. This door is not a misty veil like most of the others, it is made up of the same cloud material as the rest of the castle. It is solid to the touch and works just like a normal wooden door. There are two doorknobs, one at human height and another about nine feet higher.

Halo rushes to help bind the giants many wounds as Blodget pulls out the last of the three potion bottles given to him by Silsellay the magic harp. He pours it down the cloud giants enormous throat. The nearly dead giant begins to shiver and shudder again, prompting large eyes from the fighters. The color instantly begins to return to his face and you see his worst wounds begin to heal themselves. He opens his weary eyes and speaks again in soft, labored breaths.

I......was.......possessed! I could........not control......my own actions. I am......so sorry! She......she made me......made me kill my own wife. She used her skin.......to make a book! Where are.......my children? Do they......still live?

Please......tell me that you've......killed that thing!

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#348 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar addresses Lachian... Lachian, My name is Wyntar, I greatly apologize for the lightning bolts, but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. I can't imagine all the emotions that you're going through right now....But, we have to focus on destroying Yesorkh Peyah. Do you have any idea where she's headed and if she has any weaknesses?

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by Storm11 »

Halo slumps to the floor beside the giant.
Greys Campaign.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#350 Post by Nuke66 »

Morgi decides now is the time. He redirects the magic of the ring , dropping the Wall of Force and activation the Invisibility function. He rides the broom into an open window and seeks out the rest of the party.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by Dram »

Xano- Seeing Halo slump to the floor she tends to his wounds. DO we have anymore potions to help Halo?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#352 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Hotgoblin wrote:Wyntar addresses Lachian... Lachian, My name is Wyntar, I greatly apologize for the lightning bolts, but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. I can't imagine all the emotions that you're going through right now....But, we have to focus on destroying Yesorkh Peyah. Do you have any idea where she's headed and if she has any weaknesses?
The tiny paladin also slumps to the floor totally exhausted, finally succumbing to his many wounds. The beaten and bloodied cloud giant tries to answer your questions as best he can.

Her weakness......is her arrogance. She must be.......vulnerable right now......if she has just left......my body. If you press......the attack.......she will not have......time to regain.......her full power. She uses a room........in the treasury........below us. She kept her.......real body safe there.........while she had........control of mine. You must.......go kill her! Please! He weakly points to the solid door that Trotter is standing in front of.

Nuke only:
You turn invisible and fly through one of the open third floor windows. (rolled randomly) You see what once was a bedroom that is now completely destroyed. There is a huge tower with a stairway that leads up and down. There is no sign of the party anywhere.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#353 Post by greyarea »

That's all I need to hear, says Trotter. FOLLOW ME and leads the way into the door.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by Storm11 »

Halo struggles to his feet hissing in pain. Weakly he pats the giant. "We will do our best!" he gasps, moving after the ranger, knowing without healing he will surely die.
Greys Campaign.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by tkrexx »

Halo, Mira's voice can be heard close to the Paladin, You should bring up the rear, at least until more healing can be done. You can be my shield man for this length of the battle.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#356 Post by Inferno »

Blodget, halfling thief:

Blodget dabs the ailing giant's colossal forehead with a damp handkerchief as murmurs, "No more potions, I'm afraid,"

When he hears he has lost his job as Mira's shield man, he looks piteously crestfallen. But he follows the mighty heroes anyway, to help locate and destroy the evil spirit.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#357 Post by OGRE MAGE »

More Stairs?

Blodget comforts the injured giant as best he can despite being emotionally crushed when Mira replaces him as her guardian. Halo is in bad shape, but with no available healing at his disposal, he bravely trudges on. He is certain that death is eminent.

Trotter rallies the party and throws open the massive cloud door. Beyond it is another huge stairway that leads down further into the depths of the cloud. At the end of the long stairs is another massive door, just like the one you came through at the top of the steps.

The door is not locked and no sounds can be heard beyond it.

Wyntar 16/40
Mira 31/32
Morgi 19/49
Blodget 34/56
Halo 3/49
Trotter 30/43
Xano 32/39

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#358 Post by greyarea »

Trotter looks back to see if all are ready and nods. Only after getting the nods in reply will he open the door.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#359 Post by Dram »

Xano nods to Trotter weapon L.sword at the ready. Lets finish this quickly.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by tkrexx »

Mira verbally nods. ;)

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”