It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:32 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8046
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
"Whatever" pouts Wulfhart. "We'd probably just run away from whatever else is in those other rooms anyway" he adds gruffly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:01 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 am
Posts: 9207
Location: ImagiNation
Inferno wrote:
Sleestak, lizardman shaman:

The otherworldly voyager allowed these alien sensations to wash over him as he unflinchingly explored this strange uncharted realm in search of answers left behind by its blasphemous creator whether inadvertently or intentionally.

He searched at the closest range possible, walking inside the obscene landscape, hunting for hidden secret meaning that might explain who was behind this vulgar cult, where they kept the child captives, how he might vanquish the evil here, and more.

He knew of their obsession with fearful symmetry; perhaps that was the key? Sleestak opened his lizard eyes wide and let everything enter his mind's eye.

...He's trying to DaVinci Code the hell out of this painting. ;)
He'll attempt to look behind objects, and also move objects, in his search.
Thanks.


Sleestak is subsumed

Image

He steps among satanic fractals

Image

That echo the past and pattern the future

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:23 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:07 am
Posts: 2517
Location: London
"Not sssure that isss a good idea. Sssuppossse the ssstatue then comesss to life? I think the northern corridor isss the besst courssse"

_________________
Swilbosh (L5 Lizardman Fighter - Keep on the Borderlands)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:38 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9022
Location: 1977
Sleestak, lizardman shaman:

Grognardsw wrote:
Sleestak is subsumed

Image

He steps among satanic fractals

Image

That echo the past and pattern the future

Image


The transcendental vison-questor journeyed on, beyond and betwixt the dimensions he knew, discovering and absorbing the surreal, horrific beauty and elegant, blasphemous designs of the mystifying chroma-cosm.

Overwhelmed and humbled by it all, the seeker's questioning eyes involuntarily shed tears at the impossible, staggering scale and implication of this unexpected and wondrous universe. Sleestak traveled onward, through it, within it and within himself, in search of the answers to his questions.

The inner-dimensional shaman consumed one of the mushrooms from his medicine pouch to discover whether further expanding his consciousness could aid him in this quest.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:10 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:52 pm
Posts: 981
Groyn

Me hopes them nasty shrooms helps the Shaman there figure out stuff....When I was a young'n tried some-a dos funguses...next day me Dad found me in with the ponies!!! Never tried'em again...the funguses that is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:34 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 am
Posts: 9207
Location: ImagiNation
The adventurers walk back through the great hall with its blasphemously decorated walls. Amid scenes of depraved fornication and debauchery they see Sleestak the lizardman shaman. He is part of the wall murals, his form the same stylized painting as that around him. He walks through the scenes, which remain immobile. He seems oblivious to his passing comrades.

Swilbosh the lizardman fighter voices concern about the direction the party is headed, but the others seem unconcerned. Niles/Asherrion together in symbiotic inkegration are able to move. As they see the two-dimensional Sleestak in the walls, perhaps they wonder at what else may be possible for themselves.

The Borderland adventurers cross over the pit bridge and into the entry chamber with its hollow-skulled statue.

Map
Image


Meanwhile, Sleestak continues his mind-expanding inner journey betwixt dimensions. Primordial algebras are stumbling huge and blind within...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:37 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9022
Location: 1977
Sleestak, lizardman shaman:

Grognardsw wrote:
Sleestak continues his mind-expanding inner journey betwixt dimensions. Primordial algebras are stumbling huge and blind within...

What he said!
Is that Alan Moore again? Nice!

The alter-dimensional explorer unhesitatingly continued his mind-bending trip throughout, across and within the illuminated manu-scape in his phantasmagorical pilgrimage for unknowable knowledge and enlightenment. Upon achieving geographic center of the mural universe, he sat cross-legged in the lotus position.

Willfully drinking deep of this bizarre abstract domain, his serpentine psychotropic sentience focused and then relinquished all control, completely opening his mind like a symmetrical flower of kaleidoscopic petals of line, color, form, design, pattern, symbols, representation, imagination, intent and meaning; radiating ever-outward and welcoming ever-inward, simultaneous and infinite.

Sleestak's mind and this world were one and the same.

It could hold no secrets from him now.

I hope. ;)

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:47 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm
Posts: 1419
Location: The New World
Gagel walks along the others humming a song to himself.

_________________
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8046
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Wulfhart guards the rear, looking back over the pit. He is half hoping that something attacks so he can bash something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:44 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
While the others try their different experiments, Fingal will look around some more to see if there were any missed secret doors or others good things to still find.

Easy there big fella, he says to Wulfie, who seems to be experiencing battle withdrawals.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:16 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2315
Wrenly the Brown, MU

"Ponies...?" thinks Wrenly momentarily, then shrugs off the scenarios that suggest themselves to his mind, "I must say that while the use of a living brain in the statue experiment strikes me as a tad vulgar, I am fascinated to discover what effect, if any, will result from the insertion of this... discarded one." He looks up again at the murals as they pass by on the way to the statue. "Doesn't that meditating figure just remind you of our lizard shaman friend? The likeness is incredible..."

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:37 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 am
Posts: 9207
Location: ImagiNation
As they walk to the statue room the adventurers look over the catacomb loot:

- An exotic bottle that looks to be wine, about three-quarters filled.
- A stoppered silver vase shaped like a pair of bountiful human female breasts.
- A pouch of six dessicated eye balls, each from a different species of some unidentifiable non-human. Wrenly is please with his Identification spell on this eyes.
- A preserved brain.
- A sealed skull whose eye sockets, nose, jaw and bottom are filled with wax. Something rattles within.

The adventurers then stand before the hollow-skulled statue. Inquisitive Wrenly takes the brain and examines the skull. As was seen earlier by one of the thieves, Wrenly sees the skull has been hollowed out with a cavity in the rear and holes leading out through the eye sockets. At the bottom of the cavity is dried...oil, or blood, or...? He is not sure.

Wrenly stuffs the brain into the skull. Nothing happens.

Meanwhile, amongst the murals in intertextual space, Sleestak experiences epiphanies...

Image

Image

The lizardman's mind stretches to comprehend, recoils, shudders... (Sanity roll please, Int. And Wisdom averaged, then a 3d6 check.)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:30 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9022
Location: 1977
Sleestak, lizardman shaman:

Grognardsw wrote:
The lizardman's mind stretches to comprehend, recoils, shudders... (Sanity roll please, Int. And Wisdom averaged, then a 3d6 check.)

Sanity Save: (12): [3d6] = 10
Made it.

The lizard priest’s will was like unto an open Keep comprised Of consciousness itself that dwelled at The unearthly Borderlands between:
art and substance,
    perception and fact,
      imagination and reality,
        the mind and the flesh,
          the seen and the unseen,
            the abstract and the concrete,
              the material and the immaterial,
                all of awareness and all of existence.
At these hinterland crossroads of the weird, the shaman realized vision and insight.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:25 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm
Posts: 1419
Location: The New World
Gagel takes the bottle of wine and take a huge swig, "Ahhhh, how I missed you old friend! So? Brain in hole? Like a kid's puzzle huh?"

_________________
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:17 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 4070
Porphyry pokes at the preserved brain as it lies, useless in the statue's cavity. He is already miffed that the rest of the party is pawing through the catacomb loot, which he considers to be his. And now, this. It was so elegant! Find a brain-shaped cavity, find a brain, bring them together. Reality so rarely lives up to elegance, however.

As Gagel takes a swig from the bottle, Porphyry's interest perks up again. Perhaps Gagel will undergo a thrilling mutation? That would be diverting. Or could the "wine" replenish the desiccated tissues of the preserved brain? "Pass my bottle over, will you?" he says, eyes trained on Gagel for any sign of change.

_________________
Master of Game, Architect of Adventure, Domineering Hand of Dread Consequence, GARGANTUA, (Into the Odd)
Salt Peter, sailor, The North Spine Campaign (LL)
Jiminy Gurglesquelch, shoggoth, Tales of the Gam'A Zone (Mutant Future)
Abijah Dun, warrior, The Monastery at Dimwater (1ed)
Coat-of-Nine-Hides, beast-master, A Company of Corpses (B/X)
Brother Dumphey, cleric, A Company of Corpses (B/X)

WEBCOMIC!==>>The Mummy's Sabbatical
Gaming blog==>> An Abominable Fancy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:26 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
Fingal keeps his distance and stares at Gagel, waiting for him to turn undead or something.

Dang! Ye must be pretty thirsty eh?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:10 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:52 pm
Posts: 981
Groyn snaps out of his funk...Did you's say wine??? I'll take a swig, I mean ale's better than any monk wine!!! But if that's all we's got, then that'll do...

Bene the wolfhound excitedly walks next to Wulfhart.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:38 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 am
Posts: 9207
Location: ImagiNation
Gagel takes a swig of the liquid in the exotic bottle. It tastes like fruity wine. The thief feels his mind expanding...

- Wine effect [1d12] = 10
- To see what happens, look at #10 on the chart... http://roll1d12.blogspot.com/2012/09/so ... sh-of.html

The bottle is handed over to Porphyry the satyr, who watches Gagel for any changes.

Then Groyn the dwarf takes a swig and vomits - savagely, uncontrolably, like never before.


The preserved brain seems to have no effect on the statue. Gagel has a sudden, uncharacterisitic idea based on a previous clue...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:06 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8046
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Wulfhart continues to guard their rear, shaking his head. He reflects on the days of Boddin and Brother Bayard (many years ago now) and how these careful companions have been replaced by a more reckless lot. Perhaps it's all to the good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
Fingal laughs at Groyn and grabs the bottle as he heaves into his beard.

Whats wrong? You a lightweight er somthin? Gimme that thing!

I'll show you how we used to drink dandylion wine back on the old farm!


The OT* takes a big swig from the wine bottle.

*(Original Thief)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group