March 2-3: The Old 19th and Events Thereafter

Mister-Kent
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: March 2-3: The Old 19th and Events Thereafter

#361 Post by Grognardsw »

Biblo Phyle, delver
Marullus wrote:Gul-Marach greets his companions and introduces the two new members from the Cathedral. As the thast arrive, he calls them around the table, blessing the spread before them with a prayer to Vorn.* "We are commissioned with a hefty sum to carry the Matrons words to the Orphan Queen, and take these servants of Vorn with us to provide service there." He continues on in a low, rumbling tone, sharing the limited information he knows about the Court, entering through the Harbor of Grudges, etc. He looks for the others to share as well.

*Again, Purify Food and Drink.
"That sounds like an intriguing mission," says Biblo. He picks at his food and considers what spells may be useful for such a delve.

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#362 Post by Fulci »

Well played! ;)
Inferno wrote:Zaent Darkhand, elven criminal:
Fulci wrote:Ballar Uh, fighter/assassin
Ballar Uh springs from his chair, and now he's standing at full height, looming over Zaent. With his nostrils widened, the patched-up Delver now resembles a bull ready to step into the arena.
"What is it to you, elf?" he grunts.
Zaent didn't flinch and kept on smiling as if nothing had happened. He carelessly replied, "Nothing at all. I merely met a man tonight who knew an Alea. I wondered if yours and his were one and the same. And I thought you might be interested. My mistake."
Zaent began to walk away, still smiling.
"Wait," Ballar Uh says, his rage dispersing as fast as it emerged. "Who is the man?" he asks.

He needs to get this sorted out before he can pay attention to the intriguing Delving plans.
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#363 Post by Mister-Kent »

Tobias
When you hand Maria the silver pieces, she pauses, and looks at you quizzically, as if you've made some sort of mistake. She unconsciously rubs her hand on the massive brand scarred into her neck, the mark of the Drudges Guild, and begins to walk away. She pauses to turn back to you. "Th-thank you, sir," she says before leaving the hall.

I've set up the next delving thread, head over there when you're ready!
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by Inferno »

Zaent Darkhand, elven criminal:
Fulci wrote: "Wait," Ballar Uh says, his rage dispersing as fast as it emerged. "Who is the man?" he asks.
"Hm? Oh," Zaent said, feigning surprise at Ballar Uh's sudden change of heart. "A powerful figure in the underworld. He lays upon his deathbed as we speak, deep asleep. I go to him early in the morning to discuss final arrangements. ...I suppose you could come with me if you'd like... to speak with him yourself?" Zaent said, as if the idea just came to him.
"Who is this Alea anyway, may I ask?" he added idly.

Marullus wrote:Gul-Marach... "We are commissioned with a hefty sum to carry the Matrons words to the Orphan Queen, and take these servants of Vorn with us to provide service there."
Zaent said to Gul Marach as they discussed business, and their next delve: "How hefty a sum? And what's the job exactly? Is this a missionary effort? What 'word' shall we deliver? And if the word is rejected, do we still get paid?" His tone was courteous enough and held professional interest only. He was simply appraising the financial opportunity put before them, dispassionately probing its pros and cons.

Thanks, Fulci. You too. :)
Last edited by Inferno on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#365 Post by Fulci »

Inferno wrote:Zaent Darkhand, elven criminal:
Fulci wrote: "Wait," Ballar Uh says, his rage dispersing as fast as it emerged. "Who is the man?" he asks.
"Hm? Oh," Zaent said, feigning surprise at Ballar Uh's sudden change of heart. "A powerful figure in the underworld. He lays upon his deathbed as we speak, deep asleep. I go to him early in the morning to discuss final arrangements. ...I suppose you could come with me if you'd like... to speak with him yourself?" Zaent said, as if the idea just came to him.
"Who is this Alea anyway, may I ask?" he added idly.
"We go to him, tomorrow morning," Ballar Uh grunts, completely ignoring Zaent's inquiry. Instead, he now too turns to the Delvers and tries to concentrate on the quest. It'd be easier without the burning image of the Mistress Alea in his mind. Looks like another request from the Church of Vorn.
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by Inferno »

Zaent Darkhand, elven criminal:
Fulci wrote: "We go to him, tomorrow morning," Ballar Uh grunts
"As you wish," said Zaent.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#367 Post by Mister-Kent »

Zachariah Tar
Pulpatoon wrote:"Delve ye ask? I seek the dark places and low paths, as water works through stone to wash out the roots of the mountain. Delving men do delve, and drowning men drown, and how do I ken which I might be?" Snatching up a heel of bread and biting into it, Zacharias Tar adds, "But pleased I be to do neither onna empty stomach. It's a fine spread o'grub."
Grandulo smiles widely. "Yes, our kitchen does serve a good meal--just the sort of thing one needs after a hard day plumbing the depths of worldly secrets. The thing that makes Delvers special--that sets is apart of other men--is that we will go where no one dare follow."

He raises his eyebrow. "I may doubt your mettle, and will be keeping a close eye on you, but if you do dare to seek out darkness, then that makes you truly one of us."

"Take what you will to get yourself prepared. Once you've become more established, I will expect you'd contribute to our commerce,"
he explains. "Within the towers above are guildmembers who have opened their own businesses tailored to the adventuresome life. See that you pay them a visit when you need anything else!" He turns to leave, greeting the rest of the party before he goes.

You're officially a Delver! You may take the items you seek, though once you're more established Grandulo will expect you to use the shops.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by Pulpatoon »

Zacharias Tar watches Granduo walk away. The vagrant is not one to be tied down with commitments—the currents that buffet him are strong, and the Abyss will direct him where it pleases. But by the same token, this is where he has washed up for now, and it seems in line with his vaguely-glimpsed mission. Might as well, to coin a phrase, go with the flow.

Zacharias finds that dish of hard candy, and if it's been replenished since yesterday, dumps its contents into his sack.

Return to “Dungeonesque (LL AEC)”