It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:14 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9639
Location: 1977
This shall be a private thread for Grey, Hoom, Ingrid and Vodarte only, continuing their narrative from Chapter 3a: The Forsaken Village.

All other players, please stay out of this thread! Thanks. :)

_________________


Last edited by Inferno on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:11 am, edited 5 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9639
Location: 1977
Chapter 3b: Beyond the Veil of Secrets

Day Four
Village of Briarsgate
Early evening. Wednesday, October 19th, 576 CY
Chilly, misty, threatening rain



Image


Bertram Beswill said, “These rumours are most disconcerting. But, sadly, they are not entirely without cause. I shall be happy to reveal the truth as I know it...”

Your head suddenly bobs. From the exhaustion of several long days on the road, no doubt.

“…You see, the truth is something else entirely, I'm afraid..."

You blink and two seconds pass before you open your eyes again.

"...As you’ll soon find out. First hand.”

    You feel all wrong.

      Exhausted.

        And strange.

          Suddenly, you can no longer hold up your eyelids. Or your head.

            A sense of freefall... into comforting sleep.

“Is everything all right, my young, curious friends?” asks Bertram Beswill with gentle, mock concern.

The room lilts hard and Ingrid and Vodarte fall forward onto the table. Neither can move or speak.
Mouser is awake but drugged, groggy and completely surprised by this sudden turn of events.

Your eyes all see Beswill, suddenly devoid of all warmth, stand up and say, “Gentleman! Won’t you please join us?! It would seem our honoured guests have grown tired from their “investigations.” That last word is delivered with a vitriolic sneer. "All except one, it would seem."

En masse, the tavern’s guests all rise and close in on you. Before the astonished Mouser can react, they mercilessly beat him into unconsciousness with clubs and the flat sides of sword blades. Mouser begins to pass out.

You all hear doors opening, somewhere far away. Footsteps on stairs. Doors closing.

Somewhere else, Beswill says with icy malevolence, “…Excellent work, Mr. Snigrot.”

An unwholesome, dirty, rat-faced figure enters your ever-decreasing view, chuckling as he looks in your numb faces. He wasn’t here before. “Works like a bloody charm, dunnit?”

Beswill’s voice again, in the far distance, filled with contempt, “Quite!
"Mr. Desleigh? Would you be so kind as to show our guests to their accommodations?”


A dark man of darker mien, adorning an eyepatch and an evil grin, also not present in the common room earlier, enters your tunnel vision. “It would be my pleasure.”

Leagues from here, you almost feel hands on your ankles and upper arms, lifting you. Carrying you. There’s nothing you can do to stop it. Nor to keep your eyes from closing now.

The last thing you see is Beswill’s face, cold as the hangman’s noose.

Image

His primly diabolical lips say, “Thank you, everyone. I expect that our dread Mistress shall be most pleased.”

Against your every effort of will, you close your eyes and are swallowed up by the infinite void of silent darkness.


To be continued?
DM Notes (Please read!):
Well this is certainly one way to get to the bottom of things. ;)

Save vs. Poisoned food and drink:
Ingrid: [1d20] = 8 Fails. Falls unconscious.
Vodarte: [1d20] = 9 Fails. Falls unconscious.
Mouser: [1d20] = 17 Makes his save! Mouser is conscious, but groggy. -2 to hit, reaction and initiative.
Surprise: PCs: [1d6] = 2, Monsters: [1d6] = 6 Party (Mouser) is Surprised (by the poison, and that Bertram is not a friend. Had surprise gone the other way, Bertram and company would have been surprised that Mouser was still awake.)
Enemies may act in a Surprise round.
DM Mystery Roll: [3d4] = 4 There are four enemies in the Common Room.
To hit: [1d20] = 12, [1d20] = 17,[1d20] = 7,[1d20] = 17 Two of them hit Mouser...
Damage: [1d6] = 6, [1d6] = 4 ...For 10 points of damage. Mouser is knocked out exactly.

When game time reaches the point when you wake up, I will write you here.
Please say nothing to the other players.
Please stay out of all the other threads except this one and your private forums. Thanks.



Image


Status:
Elden Vodarte, Human Ranger 2: AC 3, HP 20/20. Unconscious.
The Grey Mouser, Half-Elf Magic-User/Thief 1/2: AC 4, HP 0/10, Spells: 1/1 1st lvl. Unconscious.
Ingrid Esthof, Human Cleric 3: AC 3(1), HP 14/16, Spells: 3/4 1st lvl and 3/3 2nd lvl. Unconscious.


Partial Map of Briarsgate
NPC List for Briarsgate

_________________


Last edited by Inferno on Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:06 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9639
Location: 1977
Fulci sent me this in his private forum: :)

Fulci wrote:
Image

Bertram Beswill working on some nice tranquilizers.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9639
Location: 1977
Inferno wrote:
Please say nothing to the other players.
Please stay out of all the other threads except this one and your private forums. Thanks.


Ok. I'm giving out furloughs on your house arrest. ;)
Please go check out ChubbyPixie's amazing miniatures of you!
Or, at least your characters. :)
Beautiful stuff!

And feel free to comment on it!

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:17 pm 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:17 pm
Posts: 1850
Well, at least now that we're at the "bottom of things", there's nowhere to go but up!

_________________
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:12 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9639
Location: 1977
Mister-Kent wrote:
Well, at least now that we're at the "bottom of things", there's nowhere to go but up!

:lol:

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:00 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9639
Location: 1977
Day Four
Village of Briarsgate
Early evening. Wednesday, October 19th, 576 CY
Chilly, misty, threatening rain



Image


Hoom Feethos approached the Golden Grain Inn (6) in search of his former companions. The inn is a large wooden building decorated with carvings of wheat sheaves along the eaves of the roof, and a sign picturing grain and a pitcher of ale. A corral and stable are off to the side.

Hoom walked up the steps, opened the door and the innkeeper was right there, as if he had been waiting for him.
"Welcome, friend," he smiled softly, standing in the doorway.

Image

"Kindly excuse us a moment, good sir elf. I'm afraid we’ve had a minor problem that will soon be cleared up. Then our doors will be open again. Please, make yourself comfortable on our porch bench. It shan't be but a moment," he smiled as he gently closed the door.

The exchange with the innkeeper was very suspicious and much too short for Hoom's liking. Hoom reaches into his pouch and removes a bit of flour and vermillion and adorns his face with it. He then raps his fist violently on the inn door beckoning the innkeeper to the door.

When the door opens, he quickly speaks a magical incantation to beguile the innkeeper with a glamour spell.
The innkeeper's eyes flash with recognition and he tries to interfere with the casting to foul the attempt but Hoom has the initiative!
Hoom finishes weaving his short spell and then says, "Please let me in to help you clean your mess, my friend. I insist. I am an expert in cleaning messes."

The innkeeper stiffens and steps back, opening the door wide to reveal a scene that Hoom won't soon forget.


Hoom was walking in on a murder. And he knew the victims.

Grey Mouser, Ingrid and Vodarte were unconscious. Mouser had visible wounds from a beating.
Around them, and carrying them, were nearly a dozen men, who appeared to be regular locals. Just normal people.

They were all at the far end of a normal, cozy inn.

Image

No customers were seated. Everyone in the room was involved. Even the serving wenches.
One of them, a dark man with an eyepatch, yells at the innkeeper, "Beswill! What the hell are you doing?!"

Actions?

Please say nothing to the other players that aren't in this thread.
Please stay out of all the other threads except this one and your private forums. Thanks.
:)

Map:
Attachment:
Golden Grain Inn.jpg
Golden Grain Inn.jpg [ 112.29 KiB | Viewed 503 times ]

You (HF) are at the door in the SW corner of the building, with the Innkeeper (BB).
"The Mess" that needed cleaning is the 3 victims and 11 men.


DM Notes:
Initiative: PCs: [1d6] = 3, Others: [1d6] = 5 Hoom wins initiative with his +3 reaction adjustment.
Saving Throw: [1d20] = 6 The innkeeper fails his Save vs. Spells.
DM Mystery Roll: [2d4] = 5 Charisma is raised by 5.
Surprise: PCs: [1d6] = 3, Others: [1d6] = 6 Hoom and the men in the Inn are equally surprised.



Image


Status:
Elden Vodarte, Human Ranger 2: AC 3, HP 20/20. Unconscious.
The Grey Mouser, Half-Elf Magic-User/Thief 1/2: AC 4, HP 0/10, Spells: 1/1 1st lvl. Unconscious.
Hoom Feethos, Elven Magic-User/Thief 1/2: AC 3, HP 6/8, Spells: 0/1 1st lvl
Ingrid Esthof, Human Cleric 3: AC 3(1), HP 14/16, Spells: 3/4 1st lvl and 3/3 2nd lvl. Unconscious.

Magic:
Friends (Hoom): Hoom's Charisma is raised by 5, and those affected wish to aid him, for 1 round, at a range of 2".

Map of Briarsgate
NPC List for Briarsgate

_________________


Last edited by Inferno on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:59 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 1695
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Hoom Feethos:

Hoom quickly assess the situation and it is not a good one. What to do? Run, but where? I have no idea where the others are at. The road back to Hochoch is much to dangerous to travel alone. Only one option left, self-preservation. I must talk my way out of it. I hope this works.
"I'll tell you what Beswill is doing…" Hoom says in a loud commanding and arrogant voice as he steps through the threshold of the door. "…his job." In a more quieter voice but still very arrogant "What a mess indeed." He says as he walks towards the back of the tavern. He then shouts "YOU!" and points his finger at a serving wench. "Fetch a pail of water and clean this mess. You, you, you and you!" pointing to four of the men around the Hoom fallen companions "Remove the infidels and tend to their wounds. The Master does not want them harm any further. They are no good to us dead. WAIT! Where are the other four? There was seven of them. You, you, you, you and you!" pointing to five other men in the area. "Find them. NOW!! Beswill! Pour me a drink all this yelling has made me thirsty. And you!" Hoom now points at the man with eye patch. "Informed my fellow brethren of my coming." He pauses for a second, waiting for a response but then cuts off any with "WAIT!!! I'll do it myself. Your human stench is offensive and your incompetence will only offend them more." He quickly turn causing his cloak to billow behind him and walks back to the door. "Beswill when I return to this place better be clean and and your friend had better been bathed." Hoom exits the building putting his back to the room with the confidence of noble and steps out the door way leaving the door wide open. He will proceed down the village road with his head high at a leisurely pace, as if he owns the place, heading towards the dwelling that was pointed out that housed elves.

OCC: Hoom will not answer any question but instead will talk over anyone who tries to speak. He will run away screaming like a little girl if attacked.

_________________
Enoka Farore in "under streets of splendor"
Lieutenant Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson, Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier
Hoom Feethos, The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)
Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:12 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9639
Location: 1977
Day Four
Village of Briarsgate
Early evening. Wednesday, October 19th, 576 CY
Chilly, misty, threatening rain



Image


Hoom Feethos approached the Golden Grain Inn (6) in search of his former companions.

Hoom found them. It seemed Hoom was walking in on their mruder. Grey Mouser, Ingrid and Vodarte were at the center of a shocking, macabre scene, unconscious but still breathing. Mouser had visible wounds from a beating. Around them, and carrying them, were nearly a dozen men, who appeared to be regular locals; just normal people. Everyone in the inn's common room was involved. One of them, a dark man with an eyepatch, yells at the innkeeper, "Beswill! What the hell are you doing?!"

Hoom quickly assesses the situation and it is not a good one. What to do? Run, but where? I have no idea where the others are at. The road back to Hochoch is much too dangerous to travel alone. Only one option left, self-preservation. I must talk my way out of it. I hope this works.

"I'll tell you what Beswill is doing…" Hoom says in a loud, commanding and arrogant voice as he steps through the threshold of the door. "…his job."

Beswill the Innkeeper nods and says, "Yes... my job." The roomful of murderers hesitates.

Hoom continues in a more quieter voice but still very arrogant, "What a mess indeed." he says as he walks towards the back of the tavern, bringing the assassins within range of his elvish glamour enchantment. All but two fall under its spell. They instantly grow to hate Hoom but, witnessing the others' reaction, those two go along, convinced by Hoom's performance.

Hoom brazenly shouts more orders, and the beguiled killers begin to follow them!
Only one wonders aloud at Hoom's use of the word, 'Master.' "'Master'?" he repeats.

Hoom's surreal tirade continues with, "Beswill! Pour me a drink! All this yelling has made me thirsty."

Beswill the innkeeper began to do as he was told.

"And you!" Hoom now points at the man with eye patch. "Inform my fellow brethren of my coming." He pauses for a second, waiting for a response but then cuts off any with "WAIT!!! I'll do it myself. Your human stench is offensive and your incompetence will only offend them more."

Hoom quickly turns, causing his cloak to billow behind him, and walks back to the door. "Beswill, when I return, this place better be clean and and your friend had better been bathed."

"Of course," says Beswill, distantly.

Hoom exits the building putting his back to the room with the confidence of a noble and steps out the doorway leaving the door wide open. He proceeds down the village road with his head high at a leisurely pace, as if he owns the place, heading towards the dwelling that was said to house elves.

There are other people on the street. The sun has set, merchants are closing their shops, and villagers are heading home.
Moments later, Hoom risks an imperious glance back, as if to check up on their progress following his orders. He sees Beswill the innkeeper standing on the porch of the Golden Grain Inn, glaring at Hoom with seething, malevolent eyes. Other men from the common room stand behind him watching Hoom go, but not following.

Hoom's audacious gambit worked, just long enough to save his life. Sadly, he could not save his companions.

Continued in: Chapter 3a: The Forsaken Village.
Hoom, please go there now.
Everyone else, please remain here. Thanks.


DM Notes:
Initiative: PCs: [1d6] = 6, Others: [1d6] = 3 Hoom wins initiative, thereby saving his life. ;)
Save vs. Spell (First is eyepatch man. Last is serving wench):
DM Mystery rolls: [1d20] = 1, [1d20] = 6, [1d20] = 17, [1d20] = 15 One saves, three fail including eyepatch man.
DM Mystery rolls: [1d20] = 15, [1d20] = 1, [1d20] = 9, [1d20] = 17 One saves, three fail.
DM Mystery rolls: [1d20] = 2, [1d20] = 16, [1d20] = 13, [1d20] = 12 All fail including wench.


Map of Briarsgate
NPC List for Briarsgate

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9639
Location: 1977
For Ingrid, Mouser and Vodarte only:

Bad news: You're still unconscious because game time is passing very slowly...

Good news: ...because your friends are going to attempt to rescue you.

Hang in there. If you like, you may now read any thread in the game forum. Please continue to not write the other players, except about ChubbyPixie's miniatures as already discussed. ;)
Thanks.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:15 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 am
Posts: 9207
Location: ImagiNation
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:18 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9639
Location: 1977
Grognardsw wrote:
Image


That's great! :lol:

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:01 pm 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:17 pm
Posts: 1850
The strategic options are endless :D

_________________
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:17 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9639
Location: 1977
Day Four
Village of Briarsgate
Evening. Wednesday, October 19th, 576 CY
Chilly, misty, threatening thunderstorms



Continuing the narrative that started here and took a brief detour though Hoom's private forum.


Image


Hoom Feethos returns to the first window he encountered at the back of the Golden Grain Inn (6) and quietly attempts to open its lock.

He can smell rain on the wind. Lightning flashes, illuminating the elf against the back of the building for a second that seems to last the night.

Hoom slides his enchanted lockpick tool between the panes and nudges the clasp, slowly, silently unlocking the window to the dark, curtained room in the northeast corner of the inn.

KRAKA-BOOM! Thunder rumbles in the heavens.

Hoom slowly, carefully parts the curtain to see what's inside. The room is as black as his missing friends' prospects. But Hoom's elven infravision can see that it's empty of people.
Hoom pulls himself up through the window and slips inside the dark room, onto what feels like a rug beneath his nimble feet. The smoky smell of pipe tobacco is thick here.
The curtains blow in the wind of the oncoming storm, and Hoom can hear papers ruffling in this room from the open window's gust.

Actions?

Infravision detects warmth. It's not super useful in seeing furniture and other non-living things.


Image


Status:
Hoom Feethos, Elven Magic-User/Thief 1/2: AC 3, HP 6/8, Spells: 0/1 1st lvl


Map of Briarsgate
NPC List for Briarsgate

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 1695
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Hoom Feethos:

Hoom reaches up with his weaponless hand and closes the window killing the breeze. He leave the curtains open, stealing as much light as he can from the stormy night. Perceiving no immediate danger, Hoom sheathes his short sword freeing both his hands for feats of dexterity. He crouches in place under the window, waiting for his eye to adjust to the change in light. While he waits he looks about the room for cracks of light. Those of a possible door or if nothing else a direction to follow if all else fails.

_________________
Enoka Farore in "under streets of splendor"
Lieutenant Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson, Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier
Hoom Feethos, The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)
Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:14 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9639
Location: 1977
Day Four
Village of Briarsgate
Evening. Wednesday, October 19th, 576 CY
Chilly, misty, threatening thunderstorms



Image


Hoom Feethos silently pulls himself through a window into the back of the Golden Grain Inn (6) and stands in a dark, quiet room in the inn's northeast corner.

Hoom closes the window, killing the breeze. He leaves the curtains open, stealing as much light as he can from the stormy night. Hoom sheathes his short sword and crouches in place under the window, waiting for his eyes to adjust to the change in light. While he waits, he looks about the room for cracks of light, a direction to follow, anything.

As the elf waits and watches, his infravision reveals that the floor is a little warmer than it should be, especially one small area that is approximately 3' in diameter.

Lightning flashes outside, destroying his infravision and illuminating the room for one brief moment. In that instant, Hoom sees the room is a bedroom, 15' x 15'. He sees a large bed, a candle on a nightstand, a hard wooden chair, a brass-bound wooden chest against the north wall near Hoom, and a desk strewn with papers, some of which have scattered to the floor from the breeze. There is one door, in the southern wall, and it's closed. A few woolen rugs cover the floor.

As the lightning flash fades, the room plunges back into darkness, and Hoom sees there is no light coming from under the room's only door.

Through the west wall, Hoom can hear men's voices speaking loudly, but not in anger. Hoom can't make out what is being said.

KRAKOOOOOMM! thunder the heavens.

Actions?


Image


Status:
Hoom Feethos, Elven Magic-User/Thief 1/2: AC 3, HP 6/8, Spells: 0/1 1st lvl


Map of Briarsgate
NPC List for Briarsgate

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 1695
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Hoom Feethos:

Getting down on his hands and knees Hoom moves over to the 3' diameter spot on the floor that is unusually warm. Along the way he will scoop up any stray papers that he comes across and stuffs them down the front of his armor to examine at a later time. When he reaches the small circular heat source, he brushes his hands around the perimeter of the circle looking for an unevenness or an split in the floor board that could suggest that it opens. He keeps his elven ear tuned to the sounds from outside the room. Listen for any of them to grow louder indicating an approach to the door.

_________________
Enoka Farore in "under streets of splendor"
Lieutenant Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson, Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier
Hoom Feethos, The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)
Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:17 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9639
Location: 1977
Day Four
Village of Briarsgate
Evening. Wednesday, October 19th, 576 CY
Chilly, misty, threatening thunderstorms



Image


Hoom Feethos quietly crouches in a dark, empty bedroom in the northeast corner of the Golden Grain Inn (6).

Getting down on his hands and knees, Hoom moves over to the 3' diameter warm spot on the floor. Along the way he scoops up some, but not all, of the stray papers from the desk, and stuffs them down the front of his armor. Their crumpling seems deafening in the silent, unlit room.

Hoom stops to listen and he hears the voices beyond the wall growing softer, stopping.

The elven thief brushes his hands around the perimeter of the circular heat source, finding one of the woolen rugs that cover the floor.
In the dark room, Hoom pulls back the area rug and blindly touches the wooden floor beneath, feeling a circular trap door.
Hoom feels an iron pull-ring handle set flush into it, with hinges on the door and the pull ring, and no lock or latch. His infravision shows the trapdoor is slightly warmer than the floor around it. A sickly light defines the thin crack around the trapdoor's circumference.

Actions?


Image


Status:
Hoom Feethos, Elven Magic-User/Thief 1/2: AC 3, HP 6/8, Spells: 0/1 1st lvl


Map of Briarsgate
NPC List for Briarsgate

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:06 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 1695
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Hoom Feethos:

Feeling around and locating the iron pull ring and hinges of a concealed trap door, Hoom reaching into his backpack and produces one of his bottles of lamp oil. He carefully uncorks the bottle and places drops of oil on the hinges and around the pull ring where metal meets metal. This was a trade secret that he learned from a former thief that had once tried to gain access to his parents jewelry store undetected. He waits for a minute letting the oil soak in, using his time to secure the cork back in place and bottle which he has wrapped in cloth back into it's secure place in his pack. When he feels enough time has passed he slowly grabs hold of the iron pull and lifts the trap door just a few inches to get peak at the dungeon below.

_________________
Enoka Farore in "under streets of splendor"
Lieutenant Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson, Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier
Hoom Feethos, The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)
Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:06 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9639
Location: 1977
The story continues in: Chapter 4: Inn of the Damned.

Ingrid, Mouser and Vodarte may also go there and post freely in the OOC thread if they wish. :)

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group