It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:42 pm 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Village of Briarsgate, Gran March, Greyhawk
Day Eight. After midnight. Sunday, October 23nd, 576 CY
Cloudy, damp, cold, misty

Alone within a small wood at the northeastern edge of Briarsgate, Hoom frees his sword and cries, "Who's there? Baltus Ardwyck? Show yourself!"

The figure obeys and comes toward him, stepping into the spectral moonlight.

It's a teenage girl. She had been standing alone in a dark grove in the dead of night.

"Baltus Ardwyck?" the young woman repeats with a curious smile. "I am not he. You're an elf, aren't you, sir?" she asks as she comes closer, moving to walk past Hoom.

Actions?

Upon wings as dark as midnight...

...the wondrous flying steed and its disbelieving riders gracefully dive down toward the lake in the center of Briarsgate village.

The heroes soar south, just above its dark, still surface without leaving nary a ripple to disturb the reflection of the harvest moon.

They arc east before reaching the old, covered bridge and sail overland to the Gade family farm (19) whose barnyard betrays nothing amiss.

As they glide over the farmhouse, they see curtains drawn, light burning inside, and one window that had been shattered is now repaired.

200 feet to the north, the temple gate is shut. Behind it glow lanterns.

The dreamlike pegasus begins to bank left in the direction where Hoom Feethos was last seen heading.

Actions?

Map:
X=heroes. L=areas of light visible to the heroes. Hoom is off the map, to the northeast.

PC Status:
    Avril Hollysword, Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric 1/2: Move: 9", AC: 7, HP: 7/10, Spells: 0/4 1st lvl
    Grey Mouser, Half-Elf Magic-User/Thief 1/2: Move: 9", AC 5, HP 8/10, Spells: 0/1 1st lvl
    Hoom Feethos, Elven Magic-User/Thief 1/2: Move: 9", AC 3, HP 3/8, Spells: 0/1 1st lvl
    Ingrid Esthof, Human Cleric 3: Move: 6", AC: 3(1), HP: 4/16, Spells: 0/4 1st lvl and 0/3 2nd lvl
    Long Bo, Human Druid 3: Move: 9", AC: 6, HP: 3/22, Spells: 0/5 1st lvl, 0/3 2nd lvl and 0/1 3rd lvl
    Pelias Blanchflower, Human Paladin 2: Move: 9", AC: 2(0), HP: 4/19, Laying Hands: 0/1

PC Magic:

PC Resources:

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:28 pm 

Mouser keeps his eyes peeled for Hoom. But he takes a good long look when they dip near the Gade farm, to see if he notices anything suspicious. "Hey Bo," he says, "any idea when these potions wear off?"

mjulius wrote:
That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon wrote:
The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:09 pm 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Bogasus neighs softly as he shakes his head up and down at Mousers question, climbing quickly in elevation now. He banks hard left again, attempting to fly over the church gates at a safe height to see what the light there will present.

After flying over the south east corner of the temple walls, he resumes his northeastern direction, hoping to spot either Hoom, or the villagers who were hunting him.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:47 pm 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

"Don't draw attention to him!" chides Pelias. "To the mill! Before we are detected!"

Pelias is dimly aware that someday, far in the future (if he indeed has one), he may look back on this experience fondly - if he can separate it from the horrors he encountered in Briarsgate.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:22 am 
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Hoom Feethos:

Hoom straightens his posture as he places his short sword back into it's scabbard.
Not viewing the child as a threat he allows her to get closer.
"Yes child, I am an elf. What are you doing out here in the woods at night?"

OOC: Have I given my pursuers the slip or they still on my trail?

Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:05 am 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Village of Briarsgate, Gran March, Greyhawk
Day Eight. After midnight. Sunday, October 23nd, 576 CY
Cloudy, damp, cold, misty

In a dark copse on the threshold of the village of the damned, Hoom sheaths his sword and says, "Yes child, I am an elf. What are you doing out here in the woods at night?"

"I heard the church bells," the girl replies as she keeps moving past him.

When she nears the edge of the wood, she suddenly screams toward the village. "Over here! Over heeeere!

Actions?

The winged horse bears the heroes over from the lit farmhouse of the Gade family (L1).

Mouser's keen eyes spy shadows moving behind the drawn curtains of the home. The heroes fly north, back to the church of horrors (21).

They sail over the temple under cover of darkness and see figures with lanterns far below standing inside the gate (L2).
More are grouped where Lem Hochstedt was cut down and the Widow felled (L3). The largest group, with hounds, stands outside the north wall where the heroes last touched the earth (L4). Having lost the scent, they backtrack east.

The ebon pegasus arcs northeast and sails toward a wide, open field where a lonely scarecrow stands vigil.

There is no sign of Hoom. Yet.

Then suddenly, far ahead, a distant figure of a girl bursts from a small grove, running toward them. "Over here!" she shrieks. "Over heeeeere!"

Actions?!

Map:
X=heroes. L=areas of light visible to the heroes. Hoom is off the map, to the northeast. So is the shrieking girl.

PC Status:
    Avril Hollysword, Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric 1/2: Move: 9", AC: 7, HP: 7/10, Spells: 0/4 1st lvl
    Grey Mouser, Half-Elf Magic-User/Thief 1/2: Move: 9", AC 5, HP 8/10, Spells: 0/1 1st lvl
    Hoom Feethos, Elven Magic-User/Thief 1/2: Move: 9", AC 3, HP 3/8, Spells: 0/1 1st lvl
    Ingrid Esthof, Human Cleric 3: Move: 6", AC: 3(1), HP: 4/16, Spells: 0/4 1st lvl and 0/3 2nd lvl
    Long Bo, Human Druid 3: Move: 9", AC: 6, HP: 3/22, Spells: 0/5 1st lvl, 0/3 2nd lvl and 0/1 3rd lvl
    Pelias Blanchflower, Human Paladin 2: Move: 9", AC: 2(0), HP: 4/19, Laying Hands: 0/1

PC Magic:

PC Resources:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:11 am 

"I swear by the black pegasus if it weren't for the paladin, dead, every villager," Mouser whispers quietly to himself. "I think I know where Hoom is," he says louder and with a smile to the Bogasus, "and we'd better get there quickly." He indicates the grove the screaming girl just burst out of.

mjulius wrote:
That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon wrote:
The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:57 am 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Disliking children even more now, Bogasus banks again at the nudging of those tailing along behind. He heads straight for the screaming girl and flies towards the northeast from there. If he can spot the solo elf, and more importantly, a safe spot to land, (and take off again) the transformed druid does so.

If there is no safe place to pick up the elf in his current position, the druid flies as close to the treetops as possible once he spots him, hoping that he will at least see us or hear the flapping of huge wings from above. Looking out for the closest clearing to land in, the morphed man attempts to lead Hoom in that same direction so he can also be saved from a fate worse than death.

Failing both of those things, Bo will immediately bring his many passengers to the safety of the windmill, doing a fly by of that building first to make sure the coast is still clear there.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:48 pm 
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Hoom Feethos:

"Damn you child and your whole village!"
Hoom takes off running again this time due east. Taking the route that would place him into woods, the thicker the better. Once inside his the woods his natural abilities to blend and move without a trace will allow him brief moments of rest until he reached safety.
At this point he figures he'll have to run all the way to Hookhill for peace.

Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)