Atlas City (Max, Raven, Elsa, Professor)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Atlas City (Max, Raven, Elsa, Professor)

#1 Post by Rukellian »

Raven and Elsa both arrive at a private airport near one of the coasts of Rhode Island. The airport is situated next to a famous seaport owned by the shipping company monopoly, Arikas Shipping Inc. The HQ to this company is but a short drive from where the airport and seaport is at. Two other supers, Maximillian and Professor Perryton, also find themselves in the coastal city, now directly inside the HQ of Arikas Shipping. There missions are one in the same, but they do not realize it yet. A light snowfall marks the beginning of this new encounter. What does the strange weather foretell?

You guys may start when ready.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Atlas City (Max, Raven, Elsa, Professor)

#2 Post by tooleychris »

Elsa thumbs through the options on her new IPhone 6 custom prototype satellite phone and downloads her contents of contacts from the family server. She sends a thank you txt to dean christopher Mansfield Egan and Steve Jobs.
" I should call my friend from Interpol. " she says to Raven."Ask about Rook industries and...what was the other thing? "
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Pulpatoon »

The Professor is also checking his phone, making sure the time and date have updated correctly after their sudden transportation. He checks the weather app, and peers out the lobby windows. He adjusts his glasses, squints, and readjusts his glasses.

"Maximillian, I say... is it snowing?"

His phone pings as a cavalcade of emails floods in now that it's in network range again. The Professor looks at it and rolls his eyes. "Did I mention that was skipping out on a few Tenure and Promotion Committee meetings in favor of our sojourn to Lost Gorillapolis?" He mass-deletes the emails.

"Now, then, let's find your father." He speed dials the elder Arikas even as he strides in the direction of the man's office.
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by PyroArrow »

Maximillian Arikas - Aether:

To the Professor:
"Yes Professor it is indeed snowing."

"Uh huh, you mentioned about skipping out on the meetings."

"Yea, he may be somewhere in his office."

Max follows the Professor to his father's office.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rukellian »

Max and the Professor quickly find themselves in the waiting lounge in front of Joseph Arikas' office. The attendant nearby instructs them that he has recieved their message and that the door is open. As you enter the office, you can find the man standing, arms folded behind his back, a look of concern on his face as you arrive back so much more sooner then expected.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Pulpatoon »

Professor Percival Peryton, Peerless Pursuer of Paranormal Peculiarities

The Professor stands back for a moment, to allow father and son to greet each other. The set of his eyebrows broadcasts that he has some quite a harangue building up, however.
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by PyroArrow »

Maximillian Arikas - Aether:

Max to his Dad:
"Hello! As you can see we are back in a snap!"
"Uhmm, why the worry look?"
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rukellian »

"Yes... I can see that." Joseph says to his son Max. "You've only been gone for a day, on an expedition that was supposed to last a few."

He then turns to face the professor as he continues to speak. "Was their a malfunction in the submersible craft? Were there any other unforeseen dangers that forced you two to come back so soon?"
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Pulpatoon »

Professor: "There were unforeseen dangers, Joseph, and I regret that I must ask how much culpability you have had in at least two of them. Firstly, did you instruct the crew you sent us with to... scavenge technology from Lost Gorillapolis?"
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rukellian »

Pulpatoon, please provide an awareness check for your character.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Pulpatoon »

Oh dear. Awareness is the Professor's kryptonite.

Awareness: 6
[1d100] = 44
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rukellian »

As the professor asks Joseph Arikas of this potential underhanded plan, he checks to see how the man takes this. He hopes that he is easy to read like Max when under pressure, but this is not so. You cannot detect even a hint of guilt or nervousness in the man's face as he responds to you thusly, plainly and simply: "My orders to them were simply to help run the craft and to ensure your safety when applicable. I did not give any such orders that you spoke of, nor would I have reason to. What brought this on my friend? And where is the crew now? I would have them directly questioned myself if given the oppurtunity."
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by MonkeyWrench »

tooleychris wrote:Elsa thumbs through the options on her new IPhone 6 custom prototype satellite phone and downloads her contents of contacts from the family server. She sends a thank you txt to dean christopher Mansfield Egan and Steve Jobs.
" I should call my friend from Interpol. " she says to Raven."Ask about Rook industries and...what was the other thing? "
Sorry, life has taken me away from this.

Raven thinks for a moment, "Few things to ask. Other people with powers that were associated with who I was before, and Blake Hayes. We were close it seems but that has obviously changed..."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by tooleychris »

Elsa makes the call and gives her security answer along with a long code.
"Heya, it's me. Oh, fine, I guess...ah, heard about that, did ya? Yeah...I'd like to say 'right place at the wrong time but someone was gunning for us. Um, yeah, us. More particular, a friend I've met. Look, I'll call you later if you want to debrief me on all the details but I might have a name for you to start with." she waves Raven over and holds out the phone.
"I've put you on speakers phone. My friend has a list of names he'll tell you so don't talk. I know how super spy you can get."
She waits for Raven to finish then clicks a button.
"Okay. Speakers off. Get all that? My guess is that one of those names will point to a Rook Industries. I don't know. I said it was a guess, but the name has popped up. Anything you can do would be great. Yes, Now I owe you TWO. Uh huh. Anything you want." she smiles and winks at Raven.
"Yes. Okay. This is a new phone so it should be safe. Thanks."
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven looks at Elsa curiously after the wink thing but he does not address it. Raven looks around the area again to see if anyone new had arrived, once Elsa hangs up the phone he says, "Should we head out to get a boat for the island?" He double checks to make sure he has Daisy, his new rocket launcher, with him. He makes a note that he will probably need to get more rockets since one doesn't usually do it.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by tooleychris »

She chucked as she sees him check the launcher.
"Maybe there's an army surplus store in town."
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rukellian »

The conversation on the phone was brief and the list of names was successfully delivered to the interpol agent. He will look into the information given and see what he can uncover about Rook Industries using his own resources, as well as information on Raven's Past. He admits though that securing information on supers can be a tricky business. By using a contact in this manner, you can expect some impacting results in the story and plot development later on. For now, no immediate effects will take place.

As Raven surveys the private airport, he notices that it is just him, Elsa, and her attendant/pilot. The seaport is but a short drive from where you are at and the attendant already has a vehicle arranged for you two.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven's eyes open a bit wider and he seems to be in thought for a moment before situating his gaze back on Elsa, "Maybe your right..."
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Rukellian »

"If I may speak, Lady Elsa. The only way to obtain rockets for such a device would be through illegal channels here, and I strongly warn against such a course of action. The surplus stores will only carrry the basics in survival gear as well as army rations. Ever since Hero Act 26 went into effect, all sales of weapons and munitions for such was severely restricted in all of the states of the US. Everyone was in agreement that super powered criminals and organizations should not have access to such supplies. To help further citizen safety in this world of supers, Act 26 was essential in the series of Hero Acts that proceeded it."

Elsa's attendant is quite knowledgable of such things, and this is required of him if he is to continue serving the Royal Family. The interpol agent is also well versed in the ruling systems and laws of various countries, out of necessity when considering his job responsibilites. This knowledge extends itself to the new acts and laws set in place when dealing with supers and their creations. I will not restrict you if you wish to add to this history, elaborating on certain rights and freedoms, making mention of restrictions and laws that could very well be set in place. But I will draw the line if some of the things that are mentioned give players an unfair advantage.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by MonkeyWrench »

So I shouldn't include the law ruling of Hotch vs State that anyone with wings that are not of a mechanized or otherwise detachable state are to be treated as kings and given anything they want? Huh... ;)

Raven contemplates the attendants words, I think I want a sword... I saw some pictures on the flight here, is that do-able?"

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”