Atlas City (Max, Raven, Elsa, Professor)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Atlas City (Max, Raven, Elsa, Professor)

#61 Post by Rukellian »

Pulpatoon, I am trying to find the right time to introduce your character to Maurice Feldon. I would like for certain things to fall into place first. I would ask for a little more patience from you if that is alright. I'm sorry if you are feeling restricted in this way, but we will occasionally have to do this when working with multiple timelines at once, this is not deliberate on my part. :|
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Pulpatoon »

Thanks for the head's up, and no worries!
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven follows Elsa to the door, "Weird question, why wouldn't I be with you." He turns back to Aether, "Coming?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by PyroArrow »

Maximillian Arikas - Aether:

Says to Raven:
"Uhmm, yes, yes, alright, i'm coming!"
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Rukellian »

This thread will be on hold until this situation clears up. Consider the arc you guys are about to join to be a sub event that will help progress the Atlas City arc. Raven, Aether and Permafrost will be joining the Steve and Scamp arc, posting in that one for the time being.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Rukellian »

After driving for some time, Professor Perryton's taxi arrives at its destination. An unassuming building that looks like it could be an apartment complex. He double checks the address that he obtained and looks at the mailbox. It fits, even the name, Maurice Feldon, is written out for all to see. The professor was to meet this man at his labratory, but.... perhaps looks here can be decieving? The outward appearance of the place looks run down and neglected to say the least, a place few would bother to check out, save the random hoodlum or street urchin.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Pulpatoon »

The Professor looks askance at the neighborhood, crosses the stoop, and knocks on the door. "Er, hello there? Dr. Feldon?"
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Rukellian »

The door opens only slightly, still locked by a chain inside. A man's face is partially shown through the opening. Tired looking eyes, the marks of old age just showing, but not quite predominant, he is a man that appears to be in his late 30's or early 40's, not the 70+ something you were expecting. He asks in a rigid voice, as he stares at the professor, "Who are you and what business do you have here?"
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Pulpatoon »

The Professor: "Hello young man, I am Professor Percival Perryton. I am here to speak with Maurice Feldon. He is expecting me."

While speaking, the Professor slips his booted toe in the door, in case this person becomes inhospitable.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Rukellian »

A look of recognition quickly flashes across his face as the professor introduces himself. "Oh! Mr. Perryton, right... umm. Give me a moment." He closes the door and starts to go through a systematic process of moving some stuff around, unlocking a few locks and during the process, you could have sworn your heard a hi-tech scanning device operating during the procedure. After about a minute of this, the door opens wide and Dr. Feldon stands to side welcoming the professor in.

Upon closer inspection, the man appears to be humbly dressed, wearing a pair of brown leather shoes, some dress khakis and green turtle neck sweater, his face and hair still unshaven and disheveled. "There are many who wish to visit me professor, given the nature of my work and all that," he closes the door behind them as he says this, "many different kinds of people with different aims and agendas of their own; but you are not here for my work, are you? No, it is not the field of robotics that have caught your interest, but something else. This tells me that you are safe to deal with, for now at least. Come, I will show you to my labratory."

The apartment of he takes you through is the resemblance of a much older time, but some of the things you notice are not quite right. It would definitely seem as if some of the items and furniture you see would come from the 50's and 60's, but not this world's 50's and 60's... Nothing much is said during the quick journey through the rooms and such, it is only when the two arrive at an ancient grandfather clock that they stop. You cannot help but give a soft chuckle at the overly cliche scenario you find yourself in. Dr. Feldon too smiles as he shares a similiar glance, his face doing all the chuckling. Pulling on one of the levers inside, the clock disconnects itself from the wall and floor and reveals a small elevator, just big enough for you two to squeeze into.

Maurice then turns to Professor Perryton and says in a casual sort of voice, "I'd ask that you do not touch anything, once inside, not without my approval. Are we clear?"
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Pulpatoon »

Professor: "I shall be the very picture of discretion, Doctor."
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Rukellian »

Taking the elevator down, you travel what roughly feels like two stories before reaching your destination. As the doors open, a bright, clean, futuristic labratory appears before you. Computers and various machinery busy at work, the sounds of a beeps and warbling sounds can be heard steadily in the background.
sci fi lab.jpg
sci fi lab.jpg (124.01 KiB) Viewed 638 times
As you step out of the elevator, Dr. Feldon moves ahead of you and starts to pace towards a corridor in the back of the room, through what appears to be a set of sliding doors similar in design to the ones found at Gorillapolis.
docking bay corridor.jpg
docking bay corridor.jpg (88.87 KiB) Viewed 638 times
Following the Dr. Feldon with relative ease through the doors, you find yourself in another labratory, this time with a centralized piece of equipment as the main feature. He stops at the table and starts to type in some data in one of the side panels. He remains silent as he does so, concentrating on something.... "Hmm, it has been more than a day now and they still have not sent over the sample. This is troubling to say the least."
work table.jpg
work table.jpg (9.21 KiB) Viewed 638 times
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Pulpatoon »

The Professor, peering about: "And how on earth did you ever getting the zoning board to approve all this?"
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Rukellian »

Pulpatoon wrote:The Professor, peering about: "And how on earth did you ever getting the zoning board to approve all this?"
Maurice Feldon turns his head to the side and gives a half grin, "I didn't."
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Pulpatoon »

Professor: "Well then, I simply must have the name of your contractor.

"Doctor, I find myself with no shortage of questions. Some of them are of a personal nature. I hope you don't mind. But, to begin at the beginning: can you tell me how you became involved with, and what has been your experience with the pseudo-mineral, Ichnorite?"
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Rukellian »

I will provide an update sometime later today or tomorrow, one of the two. I have plans today and I'm not sure how long they will be lasting, whether I will be able to fit some time in before work or not.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Pulpatoon »

Rukellian wrote:I will provide an update sometime later today or tomorrow, one of the two. I have plans today and I'm not sure how long they will be lasting, whether I will be able to fit some time in before work or not.
No worries!
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Rukellian »

Pulpatoon wrote:Professor: "Well then, I simply must have the name of your contractor.

"Doctor, I find myself with no shortage of questions. Some of them are of a personal nature. I hope you don't mind. But, to begin at the beginning: can you tell me how you became involved with, and what has been your experience with the pseudo-mineral, Ichnorite?"
Dr. Feldon pauses and stares for a moment or two out into space. After gathering his thoughts, he resumes his work on the machine before him and starts to speak again. "To explain the origins of this pseudo-mineral and my involvement with such would mean sharing with you the history of my home-dimension. For some one who wasn't born there, this may take some time in explaining, but I can only assume you have nothing but time Professor, am I right? Tell me then, how familiar are you with the dimension that I speak of, the true home of the supers, a home which is no more? If your origins do not lie there, then I will have to explain a few things." He is of course referring to the City of Heroes universe, a parallel dimension in the same multiverse as our own. Though his world was very real to him and the supers who fled from there, to us, the characters in-game, the world was nothing more than a video-game owned by NCsoft.

Maurice Feldon finishes typing into the interface of the machine and starts to walk over to a set of computer terminals, pulling up maps of the surrounding dock area around here. The images on the monitors are alive with activity as it shows columns of information being processed, graphs and tables responding to outside data in real time. He turns his head towards Professor Perryton and awaits his reply.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Pulpatoon »

Professor: "I am familiar with other dimensions and the phenomena of inter-dimensional travel, both in theory and as a matter of practical experience. These parallel dimesnions are nearly infinite in scope, however, and so I cannot claim specific knowledge of the one to which you refer.

"As for time, I believe the matter is urgent, but time spent gathering intelligence is time wisely spent."
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Rukellian »

"As for time, I believe the matter is urgent..."
"Urgent?" Having put it that way, Mr. Feldon's attention becomes fully fixated on the Professor as he starts to take a seat. "My GOD! Noo... don't tell me the terraforming process has already begun?!" A cold sweat starts to break forth on the Sheldon's face as he quickly wipes it away, immediately turning to a keyboard an inputing some commands.

"You must understand, this pseudo-crystal, this Ichnorite, its a virus to every biosystem in existence. It feeds on its surroundings and mutates the rest into horribly poisonous landscapes, creatures of alien design. It may yield the false guise of being something useful, but its only path is death and destruction. My world's timeline has proven this, as is the lines of other dimensions that we witnessed. The supers in my realm saved the planet from its green grips, but... it wasn't supposed to be; Ichnorite was not supposed to exist in this realm for 1,000's of years!

It came down as a naturally occuring event, a meteor of some calculable size managed to penetrate our atmosphere and crash into an industrial district which would soon be known as Bloody Bay. The meteorites found there contained the ichnorite crystals inside, the powerful radiation in the impact sites giving birth to ghost like monstrosities. Shivans they called them. The meteorite of Bloody Bay was but the herald for many conflicts to come. Mega-corporations like Crey Industries and Aeon Technologies clashed with many in obtaining the ichnorite, using it towards their own ends. Super villians, coalitions of such and individuals of great power, they also sought to abuse the powers of the Ichnorite, not fully aware of the consequences.

It was through the efforts of heroes and supers alike that helped stop these villians and organizations, helped find a way to neutralize and destroy this ichnorite, and ultimately helped prevent a global catastrophe from ensuing. That's my world's history of Ichnorite in a nutshell. It was only until recently that I discovered its horrible existence once again, this time in a new dimension, yours. Your world does not have the supers that we had, nor the level of technological progress, but you do not have the villians that we did, not in such abudance. I quickly sought the aid of those I could trust, half-trust, anyone that could help stop this Ichnorite from spreading.

But if there is something I did not notice, if the Ichnorite has already been given a chance to terraform to this planet's biosphere, to grow unchecked...."
A look of fear is spread across his face. As he sinks in his chair and looks for some sort of reassurance from the professor.

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”