OOC Thread

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thread

#281 Post by ravenn4544 »

that was fun :)

On another note- the efreet just gave us a clue! the room we were just in is probably NOT the final crypt. We are close though :)
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by Zhym »

ravenn4544 wrote:Malibran expels another deep breath with the efreet encounter and Zoster's wish fulfilled... He'll move to the next room carefully to tend to Dredd and attempt to bind and staunch his wounds.
FYI, Dredd is already stable. Xale saw to that right away during combat.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by max_vale »

Well.....okay then.....Elsa and I are NOT in the great-beyond after-all....huh....I didn't see THAT coming! :)

Note: I have 1 Cure Light Wounds (1d8 hps restored) spell and 1 Cure Serious Wounds scroll (2d8+1 I think? hps back) left....I was thinking of using both on Dredd to get him back to positive hps so he can be another target-I mean FELLOW PC :) to help out with the rest of this adventure.

That's IT for curative stuff I've got though.....however, it's nice to know that Xale and Elsa are at full health again. Whoo-hoo!
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#284 Post by AleBelly »

Zoster has a cure critical wounds spell he can use on Dredd. Part of the reason he wanted his stuff back.

Brilliant/bastard move by the way, Zhym! :twisted: I knew I should have asked for them in a pile. I actually had that in the original wording, but deleted it since I thought you'd find a way to warp that request...well played!
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by Zhym »

I'm glad you liked it. It's a variation on the classic wishing for a million gold pieces and getting 50 tons of metal dumped on your head.

I sometimes think that if I had three wishes, my first wish would be for the services of the world's greatest lawyer to help me draft the language of my remaining wishes. :)
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#286 Post by AleBelly »

I wouldn't say I liked it, but I did appreciate it...

:)
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by Zhym »

AleBelly wrote:"Does anyone have any of the keys we've collected? I picked up the one from the stairs outside the mithril doors, but it appears to have disappeared with my other possessions, and the efreeti did not return it to me" remarks Zoster. "I am still protected against lightning, so if there is indeed such a trap I can weather it well."
I think that key reappeared on the stairs, or should have. To avoid needless running around, let's say that Zoster saw the key back in the foyer and picked it up when he returned.
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#288 Post by Inferno »

Are you sure the key wasn't black?
I must be remembering some other key. ;)

DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#289 Post by Inferno »

Hi,
I’m traveling for work and may not be able to post. I'll be back on Wednesday.
If I'm holding things up, please NPC my character. Thanks.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by Zhym »

To perhaps save some time digging back through the archives of what has been a long game in real-time: there was also a gold key composed of two parts found in the laboratory (where the blob thing was and Abrex cast a fireball that singed some of the party). I believe Dredd was the last to handle it, but with Inferno traveling, anyone who wants to use it can do so.

The scepter from the throne room has also been used to open things. I believe Zoster still has that (and the crown).

Those, plus the bronze key, are your full inventory of things that either look like keys or have acted like keys, so far as you know.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#291 Post by Grognardsw »

ravenn4544 wrote:Malibran agrees. "To that I would again remind us that we need to rest and recuperate our prayers and spells...."
Yes, shall we rest?

On battle plans, something to obliterate the lich and its environs? If one chamber was anti-magic, it would not be surprising that the lich's room may be. Something physical created before we enter that can help. Or get the lich out of the room, so magic could effect it?
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by max_vale »

In the past when we've suggested resting to recover spells and such the DM hasn't been a big fan of it…..but perhaps this time will be different?

I'm good with doing it, certainly.
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by AleBelly »

Me too if there isn't too much risk involved...
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#294 Post by Zhym »

The last time you rested was two threads ago. If not for the fate of the royal family (which IMO should have been set up with a firmer deadline), it wouldn't be too soon to rest.

FYI, here's what I posted last time the group rested:
Zhym wrote:Everyone: please make a constitution check on 3d6. If the check fails, your character will be at -1 STR , -1 DEX, -1 INT, and -1 WIS for the day due to fatigue. Casters who fail their constitution checks will have to make system shock checks for each spell they try to memorize.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by ravenn4544 »

Soooooooo..... We press on then? :)
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#296 Post by ravenn4544 »

wow - never thought we'd ever make it this far....
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#297 Post by Zhym »

Rather amazing, isn't it? Not that there haven't been some losses along the way.

I'm also a little amazed that this little tournament module is now the third-longest-running active game on the Unseen Servant forums. Bhart started it up in early December, 2012.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#298 Post by Zhym »

I was really hoping to roll up an efreeti for the elemental Zoster conjured. I had this whole plan in mind for how the same efreeti you faced before would be assigned to your case because he was already familiar with you, but he'd have to play nice because that's how the rules worked.

Stupid dice. ;)
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by max_vale »

"-disco inferno!"......Wow, I knew D&D came from the 70s (me too for that matter, born in '76); but who knew the magical incantations did too! :)

Nice touch amigo!
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#300 Post by Zhym »

D&D always has one foot in the '70s. ;)
max_vale wrote:OOC: I'm at work and don't have access to my books; does Detect Magic show any difference for 'strength' of magical items? I.e. would a +1 Dagger and a Vorpal Sword register the same? Just curious, thanks!
The clerical detect magic reveals "only the fact that a dim or strong magic exists." So the Wand of Orcus would radiate magic much more strongly than would a potion of sweet water, for example. But power isn't necessarily the same thing as combat bonus or even item value—it's more subjective and has more to do IMO with factors like an item's permanence, powers, and how hard it would be to create.

IOW, the only way to figure out the bonus of most weapons is to pick one up and use it. :D

Return to “Party 1”