Hello, everyone!

Post here to introduce yourself.
monayuris
Runner
Runner

Hello, everyone!

#1 Post by monayuris »

Hi, I'm Monayuris (I take the name of my most memorable and longest running character.)

I'm joining this site to explore Play By Post and I've heard a lot of good things about this place from other social media / forums.

I GM for a number of games in person , but I've never really considered PbP before. I'm considering adding a PbP game to my repertoire. To be honest, I usually only play RPG's with my friends, but I'm always up for meeting new friends. I might see about joining a game (if anyone would have me.) I've never done it before.

About my history... I got my start in RPG's with Mentzer Red Box. I've played AD&D 1st & 2nd, D&D 3E and I've DM'd quite a bit of D&D 4E (a 5 year campaign from 1st to 24th level). After burning out a little from epic level 4E, I'm now getting back to my roots with Red Box (by way of the fantastic Adventurer Conqueror King System) although I also enjoy D&D 5E.

Thanks for reading!

~Monayuris
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Hello, everyone!

#2 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Welcome to the site!

The Unseen Servant is a great place to learn the ropes of PbP.

I too was once a virgin to the system and now I am almost somebody around here. :D

Good luck and enjoy!
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#3 Post by Scott308 »

Welcome aboard! There are plenty of games running now. Take a look through the "Looking for Players/ Games" forum and see if anything there piques your interest. I know there are some sandbox games that may not necessarily have a recent looking for players post, but I'm sure the GMs for those games will post a message here. Lots of friendly people and good games, especially for those (like yourself) who enjoy the old-school games. If nothing that is advertising for players really catches your eye, if there is a game that intrigues you drop the GM a note. They may be at a point where they could add a new player but weren't actively looking yet. Good luck and enjoy!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Eris »

Welcome to the site!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Inferno »

Welcome, Monayuris!
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hello and welcome to the unseen servant Monayuris :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
monayuris
Runner
Runner

#7 Post by monayuris »

Thanks, everyone.

I was checking out the looking for games section and did see some interesting games going on. Looking forward to trying it out. I eventually want to try running via PbP, but I figure baby-steps.

So again, thanks for the warm welcome!
coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by coil23 »

Welcome to the scene.

Return to “Introductions and welcomes”