The investigation continues.....

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The investigation continues.....

#161 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Ozwaldus Maximus, Illusionist
So, we can see through the side doors? I'm slightly confused by the description. Do they have little windows in the stone, or are they transparent?
Ozwaldus clears a path through the sludge with his flask, circumventing the pentagram, up to the north door, without actually approaching the door himself - he sprays from about 10 feet away. "Well, I asked Brother Tomas if he would come, after the debacle, and he still seemed willing. I suppose he was just too irritated with us in the end. It seems clear we need the medallion. It seems clear Brother Tomas will not part with the medallion. Finally, it seems clear we are not quite capable of wresting it from him ourselves. Shall we trundle back to town and get him? It seems necessary to advance."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#162 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The side doors are made of a solid but slightly transparent material. You can only see the outlines of the forms through them. Details are impossible to discern. There are no windows. They are constructed from a stone like substance that you have never seen before.
Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#163 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

"Well we might need the medallion...but then again we might not. As we are here and it is not, it seems we should at least give it a go."
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, sorcerix

"Well let's make a go of it, since we're here," adds the ancient elf, moving with the others to the north door.
Any feelings coming from standing in the pentagram?
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#165 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

I shall ask Tyr for assistance in searching for traps before we try that door. Dowling will then cast Find Traps.

If we cannot advance without Tomas' holy symbol, I can always pray for the spell again when we are back in town. At the very least, we will know if this room is clear or not.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#166 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Orando senses a disturbing evil feeling when he steps in the center of the pentagram but experiences no ill affect from doing so.

The large bronze boor has no markings, locking mechanism, or handle of any kind. In fact, you can't really even tell how it opens. The indented spiral symbol (sans charms) is its only feature.

Father D casts his magic that will tell him if any traps are present. After a bit he begins to see the outline of several magical sigils and glyphs etched around the spiral symbol.

He notices nothing else that appears trapped when he searches throughout the rest of the room.
Scott308

#167 Post by Scott308 »

Daddy D

I would not recommend touching that door. It appears to have some magical traps upon it. I cannot dispel magic. Can any of you?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Inferno »

Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:

"Nay," says the disgusted demihuman from the edge of the muck. He glances at Ozwaldus and Orando to hear their replies.

"We Daren't Leave This Place. It's Master Will Know We've Been Here And Prepare For Our Return. I'm Afraid We Must Press On." To help in this effort, Sir Ugghra will search for secret doors, careful not to completely ruin his stylishly exquisite boots.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Grognardsw »

As Father Dowling performs his prayer and sighting of dangers, Orando sketches out a map of the place.

After the priest shares his divine insights, Orando exclaims: "Wizardly portal guards are best avoided. It seems we will need the holy symbol. Perhaps he who is most favored by Brother Tomas can request his presence with the symbol. Share this map and convey we are close to discovering the evil secrets behind Brotherton, but need his help. It would be appropriate for a town father such as he to be part of saving the community. The mayor would surely be impressed.... and other such persuasions to get him here."
Scott308

#170 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

I can go get Brother Tomas.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#171 Post by Cauchy »

Epi
You can also see what looks like scrawny human sized arms and legs strewn about in the disgusting glop.
The ranger will examine the body parts. Do they appear to be from the same person? Only one person? Any clue how they came apart (cleanly severed, ragged edges)?
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Ozwaldus Maximus, Illusionist
Inferno wrote:Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:"Nay," says the disgusted demihuman from the edge of the muck. He glances at Ozwaldus and Orando to hear their replies.
"All I could do at the moment would be to create the illusion that the door had opened. But that, I fear, won't do us much good." he says, unapologetically. "We need the medallion. I suspect touching the door without the medallion results in..." He gestures at the muck and body parts. "But, who knows?"
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#173 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Father Dowling suggests against touching the door. Ozwaldus agrees, suggesting the priests medallion should be used.

Ugghra argues against leaving now that they have entered. He risks the goo on his boots and searches for hidden or secret doors. Of which, he finds none.

Orando draws a map of the room and agrees that touching the door would be a bad idea. He suggests retrieving the good Brother Tomas, or at least his holy symbol. The slowest person in the party agrees to fetch him, and alone no less.

Epi pokes through the limbs and guts. Upon closer inspection, the don't look human, exactly. Some of the limbs look to be severed, some just ripped from the socket, and others appear to be blown off. The ranger remembers witnessing a scene like this once before. It reminds her of the battlefield she searched for her murdered parents after her village was destroyed by marauders when she was a little girl. The whole scene looks like large and long battles are being held here. And over long periods of time, according to the dried crusty layers underneath the goo.

Cauchy, please check your private threads.
Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#174 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

The ranger whispers, "I think something followed down the rope." She draws her long sword and moves to the tunnel the party entered by. She moves quickly down the hallway holding her lantern and sweeping her sword from side to side in case anything invisible is there.
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by Inferno »

Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:

His gallant grotesqueness joins Epi, sacred sword ever ready to preserve the status quo.
If possible, Sir Ugghra pushes past Epi chivalrously.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#177 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As the group investigates Epi's discovery of the swinging rope, some of them move towards the shaft.

Suddenly, a beautiful woman with long red curly locks of hair innocuously shows herself to you.

Storm11 wrote: Angella will step out into the corridor at the woman's approach.

"Hello there! I mean no harm!" she says, her hands in the air
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Ah! The beautiful lady from breakfast!" says Ozwaldus, glancing in Father Dowling's direction. "I apologize - I believe I was rather inebriated when we first met.... What brings you here?"
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Storm11 »

The petite woman nods and waves at the prestigious master trickster.

"I have been following your 'progress' since I arrived in Brotherton recently. Things in the town are strange indeed, and I was curious about the disappearances that have been happening. I wasn't entirely sure you lot weren't behind it, so I followed you to see what you were up to!"' she replies, shaking out her long fiery hair.

"Having seen you all in action I don't think it could be you!" the woman shrugs.
Greys Campaign.
Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#180 Post by Cauchy »

Epi
"Having seen you all in action I don't think it could be you!"
"I can't argue with that." She smiles. "Welcome, I guess...I didn't catch your name."

Return to “Can You Help A Brother Out? (1E)”