Chapter 7: The Castle U.S.S. Enterprise

Inferno
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Chapter 7: The Castle U.S.S. Enterprise

#221 Post by Scott308 »

Jack

Jack sees Adrock disappear around the corner, hearing the sound of doors opening. With Fiefo hurrying to follow, Jack rushes to accompany his teammates.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by max_vale »

Moniqua

Something on the table with the Gods Eye caught the robotic huntress' attention and she moved over to it, setting her spiked mace down and reaching out with a hand.....

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#223 Post by Valdus »

Chaka cannot get enough of the offered meat. He says between slobbers "Good, no excellent!"

Yrkoon
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#224 Post by Yrkoon »

Hans the Shrewd

The joyous reactions of the others to the sudden and mysterious appearance of Chaka convinces Hans that all is well and proper. Placing a forefinger thoughtfully on his nearly non-existent chin, he pauses to regard the new metal plate affixed to the ape-boy's skull, attempting to assess whether or not it improves his appearance. Judging from Chaka's already bulging forehead and alarming overbite, the moleman decides that the smooth steel plate does nothing to further detract from it.

"Nothing is perfect, but your makeup can be," he says through a forced smile.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#225 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Tullia

Chaka, I'm so glad to see you! She examines him for any injuries and notices the metal plate on his head.

What happened to your head?
SpinwardMarch

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ko-Nan, seeing the hairy man fed, will move to the corridor to keep watch.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by wolfpack »

Adrock walks around the room carefully studying any writing trying to translate as well as looking for any loose items and buttons and dials.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Urson »

Maskelyn
Maskelyn pulls out one of the 'colored tiles' he picked up, holding it in his hand as he joins Adrock. He's specifically looking for depressions that the tile would fit into.
He hasn't yet realized that they might slide into a slot.
FA FO

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by Inferno »

Castle U.S.S. Enterprise
The Barren Wasteland, Forbidden Island of Xygax the Wizard, Land of One Thousand Towers
Day Four. Night. March 28th, 912 CY

Ko-Nan returns to the debris-strewn corridor, forming a humanoid chain with Fiefo and Jack to keep eyes on Adrock who fearlessly ventures deeper and deeper into the mysterious domain of the gods! Maskelyn follows the line, scurrying after the historian-priest of antiquity.

Behind them, in the chamber of the Disco Incinerator, Chaka gratefully gobbles up the barbarian's offered food. "Good, no excellent!" he says between mouthfuls. The ape-boy's speech pattern is different. Could the iron augmentation to his skull be responsible?

Tullia asks Chaka, "What happened to your head?"

Nearby, Moniqua inserts her metal finger into a slot in the God's Eye altar and suddenly, she is engulfed in lightning and flames!

She staggers back and the fiery wrath of the heavens subsides. Moniqua looks the same but is changed forevermore!

Meanwhile, to the south, Fiefo stands between two magic doors in order to keep them open as he watches Adrock and Maskelyn enter a room beyond his sight!

Engrossed in their quest, Adrock and Maskelyn begin searching the enigmatic contents of the otherworldly chamber.

Suddenly, a figure leaps out from beneath a table!

"Killers! Assassins! You won't get me!" he shouts loud enough for Fiefo and Jack to hear!
"I won't let you! I'll kill you first!" the madman cries as he lunges at Adrock and Maskelyn with a strange silver weapon in his hand!

Actions?!

Map:
One square = 5 feet.

Behind the DM Screen:

PC Status:
Chaka: Ape-Boy Thief 3: Move: 12"(6"), AC: 6, HP: 17/17
Fiefo LeBratt: Rat-Man Fighter 3: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 26/26
Hans the Shrewd: Mole-Man Cleric/Thief 2/2: Move: 12", AC: 4, HP: 16/16, Spells: 4/4 1st level
Jack: Wolf-Man Cleric 3: Move: 12", AC: 2, HP: 17/25, Spells: 4/4 1st level, 1/1 2nd level
Ko-Nan: Human Barbarian 2: Move: 12", AC: 4, HP: 32/32
L.L. Adrock: Half-Elf Cleric/Magic-User 2/1: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 8/8, Spells: 3/5 1st lvl, Light spell
Maskelyn: Gnome Illusionist 3: Move: 9", AC: 7, HP: 8/14, Spells: 1/2 1st lvl, 1/1 2nd lvl
Moniqua: Robot Fighter 3: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 32/32
Tullia Galena: Half-Elf Ranger 3: Move: 9", AC: 5, HP: 31/31

PC Magic:
Light (Adrock): Duration: 16 rounds.

Player Resources:
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#230 Post by Scott308 »

Jack

His wolfen ears picking up commotion from the room Adrock and Maskelyn had entered, Jack quickly alerts the others and hurries to help. Somethings happening- yelling! Come quick!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Yrkoon
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#231 Post by Yrkoon »

Hans the Shrewd

Hans no sooner claps Chaka on the back in a gesture of warmth when he hears the clamour emanating from down the colorfully-illuminated hallway. Hunched and motioning to the others, he scampers out of the room with his short sword held low in his clawed, pinkish hand.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by wolfpack »

Seeing a human who appears to not be undead LL tries to reason

We mean no harm! we are here to aid the Kirk!

Help! I need sombody
Help! not just anybody
He-elp

he will try to grapple the frantic man

[1d20] = 18

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by Urson »

Maskelyn
Maskelyn sees the man charging and shouts a spell: Nubes in terra! Fog Cloud

As soon as possible, he backpedals, moving at least 3 feet from his previous position.
FA FO

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#234 Post by Valdus »

Chaka lifts his maw from the drippy meat. "Hmm slaughtered about an hour ago, me think." Then continues with a bloody smile.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#235 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Tullia

I'm glad to see you, good friend. Strange things have happened to all of us. She continues to watch over Chaka whie he eats. Not too closely, but to make sure he will be healthy enough to join the group and move elsewhere.

She doesn't hear the hubbub in the other room over the sudden sound of Moniqua getting zapped.

Moniqua, are you all right? What happened? She looks up in time to see the metal being surrounded by lightning and flames, and is horrified. Moniqua?
SpinwardMarch

Yrkoon
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#236 Post by Yrkoon »

Hans the Shrewd

Hans momentarily freezes in the doorway as Moniqua is set ablaze! He is torn between the dual stimuli of screaming from down the hallway and the burning figure of the what he suspects to be a true avatar of Iithius. He hops about, wondering what to do.

Can he "fix" such a being if needed?

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Hearing the madman's ranting, Fiefo will squeak embarrassingly and leap forward with the intention of helping his friends.

(edited)
Last edited by ChubbyPixie on Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ko-Nan charges down the hallway at the alert!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#239 Post by max_vale »

Monique Quan

The female robot staggered back from the bright flash of light, images and feelings jumbling thru her mind/circuits at dizzying speeds. She saw a man with brown hair and hazel eyes commanding others with phrases in a most unique cadence. She saw a taller man with black hair and pointed ears who seemed to be fascinated by all manner of unexplained phenomenon and another dark haired man with bright blue eyes angrily telling people he was a Doctor and not a......well...something else. But who was she?

It came to her in a rush....she was LT Monique Quan....of the Starship.....something........She had crashed on this planet and seemed to have lost most of her memories. Some friendly aliens were accompanying her and they were working together as part of a mission....YES, THE MISSION! To seek out strange new worlds, like this one!

A long few moments later, she turned to look at the couple of strange aliens who were looking at her with fear and concern in their eyes. She 'smiled' and said, "I am okay my friends, thanks for your concern. I'm not sure I was able to pronounce my name correctly when you first discovered me...it is not 'Moniqua'....it is 'Monique Quan'. Lieutenant Monique Quan if we're being formal, but please don't, please just call me Monique. Now, let's seek out new life and any new civilizations in this place!"

With that, she hefted her gear and set out to help her companions in their mission of exploration....

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by Inferno »

Hi Pixie,
Fyi, Fiefo doesn't see McCoy:

Inferno wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:24 pm ...Fiefo stands between two magic doors in order to keep them open as he watches Adrock and Maskelyn enter a room beyond his sight!
So he can't attack him this round. Next round, he can!
Thanks.

Ha. Grappling. Let's go with 1d20 to hit.
Also, anyone can use the flat of their blade to attack to subdue. Roll as usual to hit and for damage. This subdual damage heals much faster than normal.

Thanks.

Ok. Back to the action...
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun