Chapter 7: The Castle U.S.S. Enterprise

Inferno
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 7: The Castle U.S.S. Enterprise

#241 Post by Inferno »

Castle U.S.S. Enterprise
The Barren Wasteland, Forbidden Island of Xygax the Wizard, Land of One Thousand Towers
Day Four. Night. March 28th, 912 CY

Moniqua is reborn in a wreath of holy flames. Speaking in tongues, she is no longer herself!

Chaka looks up from his feast as Tullia rushes to her friend's side!

Suddenly, a hue and a cry come from the wreck-strewn corridor! Hans rushes to the doorway, uncertain in which direction he should leap.

Outside, beneath the flickering witchlights, Ko-Nan, Jack and Fiefo race in the direction of the shouting, passing through the twin magic doors and reaching a bizarre chamber!

Within, a wild-eyed stranger shouts, "Murderers! Killers! You won't get me!"

Before Adrock and Maskelyn can react, he lunges at the gnome with a bizarre silver weapon...

...striking Maskelyn in the chest, disrupting the conjurer's spell!

The alien, glittering weapon hisses like a serpent and Maskelyn feels something insidious happening to him! (Please Save vs Poison on 1d20)

Adrock shouts, "We mean no harm! we are here to aid the Kirk!" as he drops his staff and begins wrestling with the human!

"Assassins! Killers! NO!" the man rages as Adrock seizes his weapon arm! But the historian-priest finds he has the strength of a madman! (Please roll an Attribute check vs Strength on 1d20)

Actions?!

Map:
One square = 5 feet.

Behind the DM Screen:

PC Status:
Chaka: Ape-Boy Thief 3: Move: 12"(6"), AC: 6, HP: 17/17
Fiefo LeBratt: Rat-Man Fighter 3: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 26/26
Hans the Shrewd: Mole-Man Cleric/Thief 2/2: Move: 12", AC: 4, HP: 16/16, Spells: 4/4 1st level
Jack: Wolf-Man Cleric 3: Move: 12", AC: 2, HP: 17/25, Spells: 4/4 1st level, 1/1 2nd level
Ko-Nan: Human Barbarian 2: Move: 12", AC: 4, HP: 32/32
L.L. Adrock: Half-Elf Cleric/Magic-User 2/1: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 8/8, Spells: 3/5 1st lvl, Light spell
Maskelyn: Gnome Illusionist 3: Move: 9", AC: 7, HP: 8/14, Spells: 1/2 1st lvl, 0/1 2nd lvl
Moniqua: Robot Fighter 3: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 32/32
Tullia Galena: Half-Elf Ranger 3: Move: 9", AC: 5, HP: 31/31

PC Magic:
Light (Adrock): Duration: 15 rounds.

Player Resources:
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by Urson »

Maskelyn
Maskelyn gives a surprised cough, his spell ending in a Hurk! before it's begun
Saves vs poison: 14 [1d20] = 3
FA FO

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#244 Post by Scott308 »

Jack

We mean no harm! We saw The Kirk's plea for assistance on the God's Eye, and are here to give what aid we are able. You are dressed similarly- do you know the Kirk? We are here to help, and come in peace!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#245 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Tullia
max_vale wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:41 pm Monique Quan

A long few moments later, she turned to look at the couple of strange aliens who were looking at her with fear and concern in their eyes. She 'smiled' and said, "I am okay my friends, thanks for your concern. I'm not sure I was able to pronounce my name correctly when you first discovered me...it is not 'Moniqua'....it is 'Monique Quan'. Lieutenant Monique Quan if we're being formal, but please don't, please just call me Monique. Now, let's seek out new life and any new civilizations in this place!"

With that, she hefted her gear and set out to help her companions in their mission of exploration....
Are you sure? I was afraid you were burned up. I think Chaka may need some help moving around. He isn't in great shape.
With that, she will try to help Chaka to stand, and assist him with walking, if needed. Chaka, over to you.

I guess we should go. There seems to be a commotion down the hall. Let's get you up and walking, old friend.
SpinwardMarch

Yrkoon
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#246 Post by Yrkoon »

Hans the Shrewd

Moniqua's ... Monique's serene demeanour reassures Hans that she is not in distress. Momentarily satisfied, although eager to learn more of her odd change in temperament, he scoots down the hallway toward the commotion, weapon drawn.

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#247 Post by Valdus »

Chaka moves off the dais, toward Monique. Now satisfied, he moves with a greater strength and confidence.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by wolfpack »

Not as strong as the others LL hold's on to the mans arm in sheer desperation

[1d20] = 8

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by Inferno »

Castle U.S.S. Enterprise
The Barren Wasteland, Forbidden Island of Xygax the Wizard, Land of One Thousand Towers

Chaka, Hans, Monique and Tullia follow the sounds of bedlam past the shattered barricade!

They reach a strange chamber in time to see a terrified man smite Maskelyn with but a touch of his hissing silver weapon!

"You won't get me! I'll kill you first!" he yells wild-eyed as the gnome crashes lifeless to the floor!

Adrock, Fiefo and Ko-Nan lunge forward to grapple the assailant and find he has the strength of a madman! In the wild fray, chairs are overturned, exotic glass and steel artifacts are flown from tables and sent crashing to the floor! But the trio finally overpowers the shouting maniac!

Both his arms held tight, the man falls limp, dropping his shimmering weapon in defeat.

Jack exclaims, "We mean no harm! We saw The Kirk's plea for assistance on the God's Eye, and are here to give what aid we are able. You are dressed similarly- do you know the Kirk? We are here to help, and come in peace!"

Beaten, the restrained man shakes his head and looks up with red-rimmed eyes at Adrock and Jack. His cracked voice rasps, "...You... You saw Jim Kirk?"

Actions?!

Map:
One square = 5 feet.

Behind the DM Screen:

PC Status:
Hans the Shrewd: Mole-Man Cleric/Thief 2/2: Move: 12", AC: 4, HP: 16/16, Spells: 4/4 1st level
Jack: Wolf-Man Cleric 3: Move: 12", AC: 2, HP: 17/25, Spells: 4/4 1st level, 1/1 2nd level
L.L. Adrock: Half-Elf Cleric/Magic-User 2/1: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 8/8, Spells: 3/5 1st lvl, Light spell
Maskelyn: Gnome Illusionist 3: Move: 9", AC: 7, HP: 8/14, Spells: 1/2 1st lvl, 0/1 2nd lvl
Monique Quan: Robot Fighter 3: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 32/32

PC Magic:
Light (Adrock): Duration: 14 rounds.

Player Resources:
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#250 Post by Scott308 »

Jack

Not in the flesh, as you are now. We saw him on a God's Eye, here in your castle- he was requesting aid, his crew was under attack. Were the giant monsters in the colorful forest what was attacking his crew? Are you of his crew? My name is Jack, and these are my friends. Oh dear- I hope you didn't kill Maskelyn! Jack rushes over to check the gnome, making sure he still draws breath. If so, the cleric will cast Cure Light Wounds upon him.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#251 Post by Valdus »

Chaka walks with the others, more than a little confused. "My brain, thoughts, feel bigger now." He touches the plate in his head, wondering if there is some sort of a connection. When he sees the madman flaying around he moves in to help his companions. With a warry move, he suddenly realizes if his appearance would only scare the man in blue even more.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by wolfpack »

We saw the Kirk in the gods eye, he was pleading for assistance as he was under attack.

We stepped on the strange disks and they teleported us here

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by max_vale »

Monique Quan

Monique nodded to her friends, "I assure you, I am alright....yes, let's look for the others and make sure they are okay." Traveling with the others, she sees the man in blue....he looks FAMILIAR somehow....but she can't quite place him.....

"Hello there, I'm Monique Quan. Are you feeling alright?", she asked him with concern, but also keeping herself ready to dodge backwards if needed. She was an explorer, but not a fool.....

Yrkoon
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#254 Post by Yrkoon »

Hans the Shrewd

The squeaking which accompanies Hans' precipitous arrival do not emanate from the moleman himself, but rather from the soft leather of his boots against the smooth surface of the floor.

One-handed, he aids Jack in getting Maskelyn to his feet, never taking his eyes off the crazed stranger nor sheathing his weapon.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ko-Nan loosens his grip slightly to see if the stranger will continue to struggle...

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#256 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Tullia

She looks over the top of Chaka's head, and sees the human. Something about his clothing reminds her of the scene in the gods eye.

She addresses the new person, Are you an inhabitant of this castle? Your garments look similar to the Kirk in the gods eye.

After she asks her question, she will look around the room to see what it contains.
SpinwardMarch

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by Inferno »

Castle U.S.S. Enterprise

The fighting madness leaves their strange prisoner and he slowly comes to his senses. "...You... You saw Jim Kirk?"

The weary human is confused by the outlandish adventurers' answers. He croaks, "Castle?... Giants? Wait. The distress call... You people are from the planet... Well, so much for the Prime Directive.
"Look, I'm McCoy. James Kirk is my Captain. Our ship was under attack. Invaded. The hull was damaged. We were desperate... had to initiate emergency landing procedures. This isn't a castle. It's a ship... a boat... that sails across the stars."

McCoy shakes his head at his own words and mutters, "Damn it, I'm a doctor not an anthropologist."

Ko-Nan loosens his grip and the astonishing star voyager remains limp, spent. The fight has gone out of him.

Tullia examines some of the undamaged treasures of the bizarre chamber that Adrock had identified as a house of healing.

Jack remembers Maskelyn and rushes to his aid. Chanting and gesticulating, he tries to revive him, to no avail! (+2hp)

"What is he doing?" McCoy asks. "Look. Let me help. It's my fault." Under Fiefo's watchful cybernetic eye, McCoy slowly, non-threateningly picks up his alien silver weapon. He takes a bright jewel off a shelf and slots it into the hilt. "It's an antidote," he explains. "... Um... 'Powerful healing magic'."

McCoy's peculiar dagger touches Maskelyn's shoulder and with a hiss, the gnome is instantly revived! Hans helps him to his feet.

"He'll be all right." McCoy says. He holds his head and asks, "Have you seen any more of the crew?... um, people dressed like me? Or any more of the... 'monsters'?"

Actions?!

Map:
One square = 5 feet. Lighter areas were visible this round. All else is from memory.

PC Status:
Jack: Wolf-Man Cleric 3: Move: 12", AC: 2, HP: 17/25, Spells: 3/4 1st level, 1/1 2nd level
Maskelyn: Gnome Illusionist 3: Move: 9", AC: 7, HP: 10/14, Spells: 1/2 1st lvl, 0/1 2nd lvl
Monique Quan: Robot Fighter 3: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 32/32

PC Magic:
Light (Adrock): Duration: 13 rounds.

Player Resources:
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Fiefo relaxes a bit upon seeing Maskelyn revived.

"You're the first thing... person we've seen that hasn't tried to kill us," he says, "er... very much."

"What was it that got into your star boat? Why do I have a feeling we'll find out soon enough, one way or the other?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by Urson »

Maskelyn
Seconds after he's 'stabbed' the second time, Maskelyn sits up. He coughs, coughs again, and smiles. Gee, Thanks, Doc!

He listens to what the Macoy says, unsure what he can do about any of it.
FA FO

Return to “Once and Future Earth (1e)”