Chapter 7: The Castle U.S.S. Enterprise

Inferno
Yrkoon
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chapter 7: The Castle U.S.S. Enterprise

#181 Post by Yrkoon »

Hans the Shrewd

Hans is pleasantly surprised that all have been deemed worthy by the benevolent superseding intelligence who brought them here.

"We are all reflections of perfection in Iithius' limpid blue eyes. Welcome to Nivea-na, my dear companions!"

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Fiefo simply cannot believe, and is also mildly disappointed? - that the discs did not prove to be certain death. To finally escape the constant discomfort of this mortal coil... oh well. Soon their time would come. He was sure of that.

He look around the room. Where were they now?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by wolfpack »

The disks must have worked as a magical gate, but to where. we could be on any plane from the heavens to the hells.

As it is written in the great book

You got to go through hell before you get to heaven

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by Urson »

Maskelyn

Magic that The Bugs himself would be proud of! Maskelyn smiles- and hurries off the platform.

He stays well clear of anything that might activate the magic again.
FA FO

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#185 Post by Scott308 »

Jack

As Jack is attempting to make the God's Eye function, he hears a familiar chime. Looking up, he sees the rest of the party appear. Praise Akela! She answered my prayers!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#186 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Moniqua

With the large carnivores once more bearing down on them, Moniqua follows < FRIEND=TULLIA > into the puzzle room. Neither where they are nor the disco-incinerator seem like < OBJECTIVE=SOMEWHERE SAFER FOR ALL OF US > but they have little option but to take one or the other.

Moniqua is not so sure that the disco-incinerator would be her choice...

< ANALYSIS COMPLETE. PROBABILITY OF TERMINATION. DISCO-INCINERATOR > GIANT CARNIVORE CONSUMPTION >

... however, save for < SUBJECT=KO-NAN > her companions appear already decided. Moniqua elects to remain with < FRIEND=TULLIA > and follow her lead. Perhaps < FRIEND=TULLIA > has additional data that would cause her to assess the probability of termination differently.

Moniqua is relieved when they are not incinerated, or made to dance, but instead find themselves transported elsewhere.

"< IS THIS NIVE-ANA? >" she asks, perplexed. "< I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE BIGGER. >"

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ko-Nan quickly jumps off the platform and away from the twisted magic that it has wrought!

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#188 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Tullia

That was... different. She checks herself to make sure she is "all there," and is satisfied that she is whole. We are still alive, at least for the moment, and not being eaten by some giant beast. Ugh.
You folks ok?
SpinwardMarch

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by Inferno »

Castle U.S.S. Enterprise
The Barren Wasteland, Forbidden Island of Xygax the Wizard, Land of One Thousand Towers
Day Four. Night. March 28th, 912 CY

Singing praise to the Den Mother, the Grey One and Iithius, the questers of The Kirk are joyful to be alive and reunited. All except Fiefo.

Unhappy that his life's interminable suffering is not yet ended, Fiefo sourly scans the room and finds it smaller and differently shaped, but otherwise the same. The 'disco incinerator' is quiet. The God's Eyes upon the altar go dark. The one door remains shut.

"< IS THIS NIVE-ANA? >" Moniqua asks, perplexed. "< I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE BIGGER. >"

Actions?!

Map:

Lighter areas are visible. All else is from memory.

PC Status:
Fiefo LeBratt: Rat-Man Fighter 3: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 26/26
Hans the Shrewd: Mole-Man Cleric/Thief 2/2: Move: 12", AC: 4, HP: 16/16, Spells: 4/4 1st level
Jack: Wolf-Man Cleric 3: Move: 12", AC: 2, HP: 17/25, Spells: 4/4 1st level, 1/1 2nd level
Ko-Nan: Human Barbarian 2: Move: 12", AC: 4, HP: 32/32
L.L. Adrock: Half-Elf Cleric/Magic-User 2/1: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 8/8, Spells: 3/5 1st lvl, Light spell
Maskelyn: Gnome Illusionist 3: Move: 9", AC: 7, HP: 8/14, Spells: 1/2 1st lvl, 1/1 2nd lvl
Moniqua: Robot Fighter 3: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 32/32
Tullia Galena: Half-Elf Ranger 3: Move: 9", AC: 5, HP: 31/31

PC Magic:
Light (Adrock): Duration: 21 rounds.

Player Resources:
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Scott308

#190 Post by Scott308 »

Jack

At least we are all here, together once more. Although, I admit, I have no idea where "here" actually is... He moves to the door to try and listen for anything on the other side.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by Urson »

Maskelyn
Maskelyn moves over to the table with the God's Eye and all the knobs and slides. He examines it closely, keeping his hands behind his back to ensure he doesn't touch anything.
FA FO

Yrkoon
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#192 Post by Yrkoon »

Hans the Shrewd

Hans begins exploring the cramped room. Despite his belief that they find themselves in a benevolent celestial realm, he takes his cue from Maskelyn and is mindful not to touch anything with his unsteady hands.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#193 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Tullia

This dais looks much like the other one in the room near the jungle. I wonder if there are more than just these two? I don't think this is your Nive-ana, Monique, it just looks like a small version of the other room.

She looks sternly at the members of the group, Perhaps this time, everyone will stay together, rather than each of you going off on your own. No more pushing buttons, or pulling levers, or messing with things that may kill you or someone else. We saw how well that worked in the tower.

Let's find out where we are. You will take defensive positions, and then I will slowly open the door.
SpinwardMarch

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by wolfpack »

LL moves to the table with Maskelyn

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by Inferno »

Castle U.S.S. Enterprise
The Barren Wasteland, Forbidden Island of Xygax the Wizard, Land of One Thousand Towers
Day Four. Night. March 28th, 912 CY

The holy questers search the formerly large chamber. They find nothing except that all the God's Eyes on the altar have gone completely dark.

Tullia sternly reprimands her companions and asks that they ready themselves before she slowly opens the door.

But while she is speaking, young Jack moves to listen at the portal and suddenly it flies opens with a whoosh!

The doors jams mid way. The explorers cautiously peer through the two foot gap.

Beyond is a corridor choked with wreck. Smashed chairs and tables are strewn everywhere. Some of the scattered debris has been burned. So have parts of the walls and floor. The witchlights in the ceiling flicker like a lightning storm atop the Towering Plateau. But all is as silent as the grave.

Actions?!

Map:

PC Status:
Fiefo LeBratt: Rat-Man Fighter 3: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 26/26
Hans the Shrewd: Mole-Man Cleric/Thief 2/2: Move: 12", AC: 4, HP: 16/16, Spells: 4/4 1st level
Jack: Wolf-Man Cleric 3: Move: 12", AC: 2, HP: 17/25, Spells: 4/4 1st level, 1/1 2nd level
Ko-Nan: Human Barbarian 2: Move: 12", AC: 4, HP: 32/32
L.L. Adrock: Half-Elf Cleric/Magic-User 2/1: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 8/8, Spells: 3/5 1st lvl, Light spell
Maskelyn: Gnome Illusionist 3: Move: 9", AC: 7, HP: 8/14, Spells: 1/2 1st lvl, 1/1 2nd lvl
Moniqua: Robot Fighter 3: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 32/32
Tullia Galena: Half-Elf Ranger 3: Move: 9", AC: 5, HP: 31/31

PC Magic:
Light (Adrock): Duration: 20 rounds.

Player Resources:
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by Urson »

Maskelyn
Maskelyn looks up from his examination. He looks worried when the young rat-man slides into the corridor, and moves to where he can keep an eye on the man. He crouches near the opening, leaving plenty of room for other folks to see- or follow.
FA FO

Scott308

#198 Post by Scott308 »

Jack

I hope there were no people around when this happened. I don't know what caused the damage, but be careful. We've seen the giant creatures- who knows what else might still be lurking in the castle.

Yrkoon
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#199 Post by Yrkoon »

Hans the Shrewd

Could it be?, he wonders silently. The Great Texts which contain images of glowing, plump-cheeked humans in the throes of beauty cream-induced delectation also show lithe angels prancing about a raised platform with similarly strobing lights. There remains little doubt that they have passed through into a realm of unspeakable allure and sleekness.

However, the debris and charred wreckage on the floor of the next room punctures his mood, leaving him to openly ponder the nature of the place.

"C-Could guardians infernal have bridged the gap between planes, too? If they come as despoilers, to vanquish them we must make our ... our ... enterprise!"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by wolfpack »

LL stretches to peer over those in fornt of him

What is it, whats in there

Return to “Once and Future Earth (1e)”