11-Skullport-Trip 2- After the Fat Man!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: 11-Skullport-Trip 2- After the Fat Man!

#61 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "I'm not sure posing as a guard would work likely they know all of the guards that work within the fat mans fortress."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by ylinett »

"Perhaps turning into a bug is a better idea" posits Garl.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Can his keep be observed for a few days? We need to know more about him.... when he buys slaves does he send an agent or go himself? Who is he sleeping with?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#65 Post by Darkmane »

It is tough to watch the place, you can do a quick walk around in the heart area, but all of the keeps are watching the no man's land in-bewtween buildings. If you stay out there too long, you're likely to be attacked by something.

The skulls that keep the peace down here are only somewhat effective and the rarely enter the heart, they spend most of their time down here where the buildings are tightly bunched.

You might be able to surveil the place if you were polymorphed I didn't even know your group could do that. Its powerful magic indeed. They have no windows on the keep, just slits to fire outward, but a bird or bat might be able to follow a guard or cart unnoticed.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Inferno »

Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

Vek grunts his appreciation of the polymorph gambit. He turns to Enoka the hivemistress, "Can your... friends serve as scouts also?"
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#67 Post by DadsAngry »

Enoka:

"Alto what other faction would benefit most from the vacuum left by the Fat Man's demise? Does he have a rival in the city that would like to take his place or see him dead? You say you have been manipulating factions down here against each other. Perhaps pitting the Fat Man against his competition is the better plan than a frontal assault. If nothing else it may lead to a distraction that we can use to our advantage if we do go with a frontal assault."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#68 Post by Darkmane »

Altos looks at Enoka appraisingly, what you speak of might be possible. This Fat Man keeps a relatively low profile, so no direct enemies that I know of, but he has competitors.

There are other slave Lords down here that don't trade in children and don't hand over slaves to the drow or Illithids like the Fat Man does.

This route might be possible but would be much longer in scope. Also it increases our chances of being noticed by the larges other slaver organizations, the iron ring. It is a despicable group and massive in scope, something like the zhentarim if you have heard of them. If we get tangled up with them we would not only fail in our mission but would risk becoming slaves ourselves.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#69 Post by Darkmane »

Altos looks at Enoka appraisingly, what you speak of might be possible. This Fat Man keeps a relatively low profile, so no direct enemies that I know of, but he has competitors.

There are other slave Lords down here that don't trade in children and don't hand over slaves to the drow or Illithids like the Fat Man does.

This route might be possible but would be much longer in scope. Also it increases our chances of being noticed by the larges other slaver organizations, the iron ring. It is a despicable group and massive in scope, something like the zhentarim if you have heard of them. If we get tangled up with them we would not only fail in our mission but would risk becoming slaves ourselves.

GreyWolfVT

#70 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "Ah yes the zhentarim nasty group of people I understand the great Elminster has thwarted many of their attempts to rule the dales."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#71 Post by Darkmane »

Altos thinks for a moment and then adds, perhaps you should survey the keep once before deciding on a course of action? We could meet again here, in 24 hours? I can see about the transport ship and gathering up several blades to help?

I hope everybody had a good holiday! Mine was certainly busier than usual!

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by ravenn4544 »

Roseheart looks around the town for what type of local wildlife exists in the area. Bats? Rats? "If we are talking about some reconnaissance, I can transform one of us into something that fits in here.. maybe a bat? if we wanted to examine the place close up without being detected. I'm not the best strategist, to be sure, so what would we be looking for? "

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Inferno »

Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

The grim warrior croaks, "A scout monitors the movement, defenses and habits of the enemy. What are the guard shifts? Who comes and goes, and when? What lies inside any open courtyards? What doors and windows are visible? What sounds emerge from the Fat Man's stronghold, and from where?"
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by ylinett »

Garl asks "Exactly how long does this spell last?"

GreyWolfVT

#75 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble the gnome tries to stop everyone all at once holding his hands up signaling for quiet "Perhaps we should phrase this all differently. Lets start over tell us what systems and intel you already have in place here in skullport before we go diving too much further into plans of attack here. Fair enough Altos?

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#77 Post by Darkmane »

Altos responds quickly,I'll support you as much as I can. I'd love to see this fat man fall, but captured tongues cannot loose what they do not know. If you want to work wot me you are going to have to understand that I keep my agents secret, just as I will keep your mission secret.

We've already learned a bit, most of the fat mans people seem to come and go through a portal. Guests and slaves typically come through the gate. The orcs are used as grunt labor and they keep the prisoners in line. The wall has an inner layer riddled with defenses, and most of the key living spaces are underground. Take a day to come to your own conclusions, but if you didn't have that potion and ability to polymorph, I would say this mission is a lost cause. If you can get a man on the inside of that keep you could possibly force your way down into the keep quick and spring the slaves, we believe at times the fat man and his leaders have living spaces down in the cellars so maybe you could get them too! I'll see what I can do for you working my network.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Inferno »

"Thank you," Vek rasps at Altos' offer.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT

#79 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble just sighs and tries to think of some spells Gond might favor him with that could change these events.

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”