The Final Fun Facts to Find

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

The Final Fun Facts to Find

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

It is early evening by the time you get Positive Steve settled in at the temple. Brother Tomas tells you that he will stay with the poor soul throughout the night to ensure that everything possible is done to help the man. He urges you to try to find the Mayor in order to beg her about the possibility of using her miraculous ring, hoping that its powerful magic will regenerate the damage done to the unfortunate sheriff. The good Brother lacks the power to help the man any further than he already has but he knows that the ring will more than likely heal the man completely, as it did Lady April all those many years ago.

The Mayor will most assuredly not see you anymore tonight. You will either have to "sneak" into her place, or forget about it for now and go to see her at the town's meeting hall in the morning.

The group discusses the fact that they could cover more ground by splitting up, but Orando mentions what happened to the last pair that went running off on their own. The girls then decide it might be best to stick together.

On the way to see the old crone, an attempt is made to find the tracks of the woman that seems to be watching the group. Epi finds nothing in the way of tracks or a trail that she might use to follow the woman. There is simply no trace whatsoever left from the suspicious females movements.

The sun begins to set as the group then turns its attention towards the old alchemist that lives in a hut, down by the river. Knowing that the old woman doesn't come out during the daylight hours, the group tries their luck again. An initial knock on her door brings the usual silence from within, but persistence eventually garners a response. You can soon hear the old hag scream at you from inside of the old hut.

GO AWAY!!! Haven't you lot of misfits done enough to screw me over yet? It's not bad enough that your bumbling mage friend blew up my main source of income? Now you want to come and harass me in the sanctity of my own home as well?

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Final Fun Facts to Find

#2 Post by Storm11 »

Angella will step and call out softly.

"I apologise if the late hour is no appropriate. I have never met you before I think, I am new in town. We have just discovered some disturbing evidence and I would greatly appreciate your wise perspective upon it all, if it's not too much trouble?" she says, face pressed up close to the the door.
Greys Campaign.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Inferno »

Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:

"Huh? What?" Sir Ugghra said as he suddenly returned.
"Free At Last From the Foul Sorcery of This Elven Witch!" he said. "Madam! I Would Greatly Appreciate That You Kindly Please Cease and Desist Your Ruinous Magicks Upon My Esteemed Person!
"Given This Sudden Breakthrough In Our Case, I Suggest We Put This Unfortunate Episode Behind Us as Our Necessary, Unpleasant Collaboration Appears To Be, At Last, Nearing Its Blessed Ending!"

Sir Ugghra enters an uncharacteristic quiet spell, washing blood from his hands and armour at the temple as the others settle in poor Positive Steve. Then he will join them on the visit to the old harridan, looking as resplendent as ever.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, magus

"You wear your savagery beautifully," comments Orando to the restored lesser-half of Sir Ugghra. "And flattery will get you everywhere."

Later, at the old crone's hut...

"Greeting madam, it is I who you spoke to earlier regarding the mayor and her ring you seek. We have new developments which may prompt your cooperation, no not only rid yourself of us but of the misery plaguing find Brotherton."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Ozwaldus waits patiently for the old crone to reveal herself - he's quite curious to see what she actually looks like. In the meantime, he ponders what vision, if any, might startle the mayor into revealing herself when they encounter her tomorrow. He makes a mental note to take it up with the others when they finish here.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#6 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

The priest would appear to be staring intently at the ground near the building if it wasn't for the fact that his eyes were closed.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Scott308

#7 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

We would be wise, the priest says quietly, looking at the rest of the group, not to upset her. She is already angry and predisposed not to help us. I believe the mention of the ring is the only reason she is speaking to us at all.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#8 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The old crone's door stays closed tight, but she does continue to yell at you through it despite that fact.

I am NOT interested in meeting new people, unless of course you would like to buy a potion or two? I DONT GIVE OUT FREE ADVICE!!!

Yes, yes, strange Elf. I could smell your freakish scent from 100 yards away. You really should lay off the perfume once in a while. Do you really think I care about a magic ring that you will never be able to obtain? Do you think for even one second that I give a rats ass about this shithole town or its simpleton people? Now that my profitability has dwindled away to nothing, I have no concern for this place whatsoever! Hells, I might even just leave this area all together now.

Or, perhaps you are only here to blow up my little cottage as well?
This last comment drips with sarcasm.

The portly Father squints his eyes for a moment and then suggests using a bit more tact.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Storm11 »

Angella shakes her fiery head and moves away, suspecting it would be a waste of time to begin with. This town is one strange ass place. No one within it seems to care or want to help stop such serial abductions, experimentations and murders. She hadn't ever been in a more apathetic nor unreasonable place in her life.

"Let us leave the old woman to her spite and selfishness. If she wishes to leave the place then let her. It seems like all she deserves. I wish to see the mayoress. She is caught in this it seems evident," the young sister says turning away and heading off to Aprils.
Greys Campaign.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Grognardsw »

After the crone stops screeching...

"The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young," quips Orando enigmatically, or nonsensically, depending on the listener.

"Shall we rest, regain arcane energies, and confront the mayor tomorrow?"

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Inferno »

OGRE MAGE wrote:The old crone's door stays closed tight, but she does continue to yell at you through it despite that fact.
I DONT GIVE OUT FREE ADVICE!!!
"There, There, Madam. Tut Tut. What An Unfortunate Display. May I Remind You That, Despite The Afflictions of Your Gender, There's No Need To Succumb Entirely To The Hysteria For Which The Weaker Sex Is Known?" the elegant monster said helpfully as he produced his coin purse.

"Now. Certainly We Can Come to Some Arrangement. What, Pray Tell, Do You Charge For Advice? Helping Us, I'm Sure You Must Realize, Is The Only Chance You'll Ever Have Of Getting Your Precious Little Ring. Your Only Chance At All.
"Now. Name Your Price."
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Cauchy »

Epi
Despite The Afflictions of Your Gender,
The ranger winces at that statement and moves even further back from the speaker. "You're on your own big guy with that one."

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Inferno »

"Hmm? Oh. Miss Epi, I Assure You, I Speak Only of the Monthly Scourge That Plagues and Transforms All Women Into Unrecognizable Beasts Come The Full Moon," Sir Ugghra replied politely with his customary lack of self-awareness or irony.

"Harridans of a Disposition Most Disagreeable, I'm Sure You'll Agree! In Fact, I Expect That Awareness and Acceptance of The Terrible Transformations of the Weaker Sex Is Precisely What Allowed the Mayor's Demonic Possession To Go Unnoticed All This Time!"

;)
The Victorianesque Sir Ugghra is willfully ignorant of menopause, perhaps mercifully.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#14 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Inferno wrote:Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:
"Now. Certainly We Can Come to Some Arrangement. What, Pray Tell, Do You Charge For Advice? Helping Us, I'm Sure You Must Realize, Is The Only Chance You'll Ever Have Of Getting Your Precious Little Ring. Your Only Chance At All.
"Now. Name Your Price."
Gretta the Alchemist

I have nothing more to tell you! Bring me the ring and we can talk about anything you want. Until then........go piss off!!!

Angella begins to make her way to the Mayors residence for a possible late night investigation just as Orando suggests turning in for the evening to regain his powers.

Sir Ugghra continues to speak to anyone that will listen.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

The ranger just shakes her head at Sir Ugghra's comments, Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Scott308

#16 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

Well, there isn't any point in trying to see the mayor at this time of evening. Unless you plan on breaking into her residence, we will not be able to see her outside of her scheduled time. I've tried. The guards WILL NOT let us in. May as well get dinner and a good night's sleep.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Storm11 »

Angella continues towards the residence, wishing to observe the mayoress' home for a little bit before retiring. She says she will join the others later.
Greys Campaign.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Inferno »

"At This Critical Juncture Of Our Investigation, I Must, I'm Afraid, Rather Insist That We All Stay Together Until We Confront The Thing Masquerading As The Mayor. Any Of Us Could Go Mysteriously Missing, Still," delicately opined the bestial banneret.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#19 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Storm11 wrote:Angella continues towards the residence, wishing to observe the mayoress' home for a little bit before retiring. She says she will join the others later.
After heading south for a bit alone, the sister can already see the Mayweather's mansion.

Even though it is still early evening, the whole place is dark and gloomy. There are no lights emanating from inside whatsoever.

The brave monk then hears the loud warning of the noble Ugghra, even though he is still several yards away.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Storm11 »

The sister will look for a comfortable yet discreet place upon which to spy upon the mayoress and her abode. She settles in to watch and wait.
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Can You Help A Brother Out? (1E)”