The Final Fun Facts to Find

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: The Final Fun Facts to Find

#321 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

Dowling will see to Brother Tomas, trying to bring him back to a conscious state- at the very least making sure he doesn't meet up with any more feet.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Ozwaldus Maximus, Human Illusionist

Ozwaldus looks sideways at the exchange between Orando and Father Dowling, but says nothing. Leaving the prone ladies for now and vigorously wiping the rim of his decantur to get the stank off, he approaches the cage to inspect it more closely. For professional reasons, he prepares to act like he knew all along if it turns out to be an illusion. He tries disbelieving it, imagining that it is a cage with bars made of air or ether. Which is difficult, since in the attempt he realizes he has no clue what ether actually is...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#323 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Epi is not upset about the zombie-like woman lying dead on the floor. She cares less still about the news of the dead sheriff, remembering back to his despicable ways. Orando tells of the battle from his prospective, finding nothing else in the room other than the caged woman. Ugghra continues gloating and suggesting. Father Dowling sees to Brother Tomas. The elderly priest remains in a heap on the floor. A little blood trickles out of the corner of his mouth and he now smells like vomit. He is clutching at his abdominal area.

Ozwaldus disinfects his magic jug now that the unconscious women seem stable. He uses his mind to overcome the bars of the cage but, they seem pretty real to the rest of him. Angella uses brute strength to pull at the weakened, rusty metal, unable to bend the bars all by herself. She believes that a combined effort might do the trick.

The woman lying on the floor of the cage continues to writhe in pain, her horrific bite wounds still slowly healing.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by Storm11 »

"Come ranger, brute, assist me in opening this cave so we can free the mayoress!" Angella urges hurriedly. She will assist in opening the bars when and if the half-orc and the human woman move to help.
Greys Campaign.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#325 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

The ranger hears Angella and shakes her head to clear it. "Ah, yes the mayor with her magic regeneration. Something that seems to at least make some sense in this place." She adds her strength to attempt to bend or break the bars.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by Inferno »

Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:

Having no earthly idea, I assure you, to whom the brazen Angella is referring as "Brute" (except perhaps the needlessly cruel Orando?), the suave, refined gentleorc looks about for a key to the cage. Perhaps hanging conveniently on a nearby hook?

"Don't Demonesses Also Magically Regenerate?" he enquires of Father Dowling. "Oh, Do Please Awaken Brother Tomas. There's A Good Chap."

;)
(I'm all outta CLW, or else I'd do it. Have we got any healing potions left?)
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Excuse me, Sir Ugghra. I believe she means to ask if those of Superior Strength can Assist in Dismantling this Inconvenient Obstacle?" he says. He steps clear to give the warriors room to operate.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by Grognardsw »

"Don't Demonesses Also Magically Regenerate?" Orando hears the elegantly dressed and remarkably repressed man-orc inquire of Father Dowling.

"You are right Sir Ugghra," responds Orando. "Let us test that."

"Panguine good fellow, bring that woman's ring to me." Orando points to the alleged April and the unseen invisible force presumably slides into the cage to follow its master's command.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Please do be prepared to put it back on her immediately, should her healing cease when you take it off, as I suspect it will," suggests Ozwaldus. "Once she is fully healed, we can use the ring to restore the others... and indeed Brother Tomas, who I suppose should count his blessings he wasn't set on fire."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#330 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Father Dowling nurses the good Brother back to consciousness with a sip of water and some light temple rubbing. The old man eventually speaks out in a weak, garbled tone.

What happened? Why does my midsection hurt so badly? It feels like my ribs are broken.

The old rusty bars bend easily. Epi and Angella are able to make a big enough rent in them to get through. The chains on the woman although heavy, also seem weakened by the ravages of time. There are no visible locking mechanism on the bands, they seem to have simply been bent around her limbs using brute force.

Up close this woman looks a lot like the mayor that you spoke with that wasn't really the mayor at all. Her wounds are healing remarkably fast, her flesh regenerating rapidly right before your very eyes. She turns over to look at you with every semblance of a person that knows exactly what is happening to them. She winces a lot from the terrible pain that she is in but tears of obvious joy run down the sides of her cheeks. She manages to get two words out in a pained whisper. She says simply, thank you.

Orando commands his unseen porter to retrieve for him alone, the ornate ring worn by the mayor. The very ring that is most likely the only thing keeping her alive in her deplorable condition. The invisible form flies through the bars and grasps at the woman's ring. Instantly, her hand instinctively closes into a tight fist. The form tugs and pulls at her hand, trying to get the ring to its master. She fights with all her might to keep the huge piece of jewelry to herself but, her sheer exhaustion eventually takes over and her hand opens. As the porter tears the ring from her hand, she screams out in agony. Her wounds turn black and begin to fester. She dies in excruciating pain right there as you all look on.

The ring begins to float up now as the unseen servant attempts to get the prize back outside of the cage and across the room to its master.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by Storm11 »

Angela will swipe out at the unseen servant in an attempt to dispel it.
Greys Campaign.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#332 Post by Grognardsw »

As the alleged April doesn't react positively to the removal of her ring, Orando quickly says: "Ah yes, it appears she is not a demon after all. We proved Sir Ugghra's point. Panguine, you may return the ring." The elf hopes she doesn't expire.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by Inferno »

Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:

Not for the first time, Sir Ugghra is shocked and appalled at the callous, craven wickedness of Orando. "Your Evil, Demented Experiment Proves Nothing!" he gasps in horror from behind a scented handkerchief.
"If She Is The Demoness, Then She Is A Shapeshifter. These Wounds Could Merely Be An Illusion Of Her Flesh.
"If She Is Not The Demoness, Then You Have Killed Yet Another Innocent Victim!"

The deductive demihuman watches helplessly as the ring is returned, hopefully in time to save the poor woman, should that be what she is. He steps back to give Brother Tomas room to cast sacred healing.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#335 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

The ranger reaches down to see if she can break the worn chains holding the true mayor when suddenly she sees a struggle and the ring slip away. She turns and stares at the elf, "WHAT! Stealing for yourself?" She then reaches for her sword.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by Grognardsw »

Grognardsw wrote:"Don't Demonesses Also Magically Regenerate?" Orando hears the elegantly dressed and remarkably repressed man-orc inquire of Father Dowling.

"You are right Sir Ugghra," responds Orando. "Let us test that."

"Panguine good fellow, bring that woman's ring to me." Orando points to the alleged April and the unseen invisible force presumably slides into the cage to follow its master's command.
Epi would hear the above and presumedly understand it was not stealing?
Grognardsw wrote:As the alleged April doesn't react positively to the removal of her ring, Orando quickly says: "Ah yes, it appears she is not a demon after all. We proved Sir Ugghra's point. Panguine, you may return the ring." The elf hopes she doesn't expire.
"Innocent?" smirks Orando to Ugghra. "The first casualty of life is innocence. Kaine told me that."

"Don't be foolish Epi, the ring was to test Ugghra's theory, not steal. I do not want the alleged April to die."

"How then would we receive our award?"

The elf looks at the alleged April, and frowns as he notices he has broken a fingernail.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#337 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

"Reward! You do realize that the reward was offered by the demon mayor, not the one your theft, pardon me 'test', may have killed. The only hope of this reward would seem to be with this Mayor living." With a heavy sigh she sees if she can get the ring back on the Mayor's finger, then will work on the chains whether the Mayor lives or not.

She muses to herself, "Why did the demon mayor enlist us to solve the disappearances? Obviously she did not think we would succeed, but if it was to appease the townsfolk why were we to keep our mission a secret. The whole idea seems flawed."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by Grognardsw »

Cauchy wrote:Epi

"Why did the demon mayor enlist us to solve the disappearances? Obviously she did not think we would succeed, but if it was to appease the townsfolk why were we to keep our mission a secret. The whole idea seems flawed."
"The minds of the infernal are far removed from that of mankind, and often unknoweable," replies Orando.

"Come now April," he urges the wounded, possibly dead woman. "Get up, walk it off."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"It seems we don't need to look far to know the infernal... or to endure its witticisms," says Ozwaldus, who, if the ring has not yet been returned to April's finger, will snatch it from the unseen servants grasp and put it there himself.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#340 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sorry for the delay here folks. I was hoping that Scott would pipe up soon but I wont wait much longer for it.

I will post actions later today regardless.

Return to “Can You Help A Brother Out? (1E)”