The investigation continues.....

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The investigation continues.....

#401 Post by Inferno »

Krual Caine, half-human monster:

Once more unfairly deprived of a ghastly supper, the gigantic horror leers, "HUHN. LET'S GO FIND THAT PATCHWORK CREATURE'S JAILER," before suddenly succumbing to a violent coughing fit.

"THE FUCKING BLOODY BASTARD! HE'S POISONED ME!"

Save vs. Poison: (10): [1d20] = 3
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#403 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Angella rushes to the fallen Tomas, feeling no ill effect from the stinking cloud of noxious vapor. Epi and Caine don't fare as well, inhaling too much of the poison. They cough and sputter violently untill the effect wears off after a moment as the fumes dissipate. 4 dam Brother Tomas also coughs until blood sprays from his mouth. He is still conscious, but just barely.

The monster Krual Caine still feels hungry after being robbed of yet another gorging. Ozwaldus continues playing with his pretty new pet.

The noise from the smelly, evil room continues, coming from somewhere beyond the darkness.

Father Dowling 22/24
Krual Caine 19/29
Epi 21/33

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#404 Post by Storm11 »

The monk will assist the good brother out of harms way before heading back within as the mist begins to clear. She will search the ground for traps at the entrance to the secret room of evil, and continue to do so as she enters, a cloth wrapped around her mouth and nose.
Greys Campaign.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#405 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

The ranger manages to quit coughing, "Bloody stink demon."

She takes a drink from her water skin, "Well in for a copper piece, in for a gold piece. Onward?"

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#406 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

The priest will get back on his feet, albeit shakily, and try to clean himself up the best he can. He will briefly remove his helm, allowing an opportunity to rub his bald head before covering it again.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#407 Post by Inferno »

The monstrous atrocity launches into another tirade of Orcish profanity...

CLW: [1d8] = 4

..and then quietly stalks toward the noise of his new victims, using his bestial vision to see in the dark. Since they didn't come to investigate the raucous battle noise, the ghastly thing expects to find them bound and helpless. He smiles terribly at the thought of that.
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#409 Post by Grognardsw »

The invisible Orando follows into the room, checking the charms.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#410 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

The ranger grabs her torch and follows the big guy into the next chamber.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#411 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Brother Tomas stays where he is, happy to let you investigate the room first. He looks on longingly for the return of his holy symbol.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (239.46 KiB) Viewed 829 times
With torch and lantern in hand, the group cautiously enters the dark, foreboding room after Angella confirms there are no traps. The monster stalks his next meal despite the stench of the place being unimaginable. The entire back wall of the room is indeed covered from floor to ceiling by man sized cages, some of them appear to be occupied. On the far end of the room you can see a large statue of a hideous creature with two baboon-like heads and tentacles for arms.

On the other end of the room is where the real fun starts. There is some kind of makeshift operating laboratory assembled here, complete with long filthy tables filled with all manner of bone saws, knives, scalpels, and other horrible looking instruments that you can't imagine a use for. This area is covered in gore and the gooey blood soaked ochre is thick on the floor here as well. There are sinks and tubs filled with bloody body parts, human and otherwise.

In the center of the many tables are two restraining devices that almost resemble barber chairs. They are also covered in layers of gore. One of the devices is empty, it's restraints seem to be ripped apart. The other is still occupied by a rather angry and offensive looking creature. It snarls and gnashes at you, trying to break free of its bonds so it can kill you.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (57.98 KiB) Viewed 829 times
Slight whimpering noises can still be heard coming from some of the many cages.

Father Dowling 22/24
Krual Caine 19/29
Epi 21/33

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#412 Post by Storm11 »

Angella will step up to the retrained creature and slit it's throat, ending it's suffering.

She will look around the chamber X calling out to the other creatures in common asking what occurs here and who has done this to them.
Greys Campaign.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by Inferno »

The towering terror seems utterly unaffected by the ghastly horrors on display here. Since the strumpet is committing mercy killings and interrogating the pathetic, whimpering captives, the bestial creature will stalk about the mad scientist's surgical laboratory, looking for another door out, secret or otherwise.

"THIS MAD MORTIMER BLOKE WAS ONE APTLY NAMED BASTARD, EH? HAH HA HA!" he laughs blackly.

Then he growls: "SOMEONE DRAG THAT GODDAMNED COWERING OLD FOOL OF A PRIEST IN HERE. MISS EPI AND I NEED HEALING."
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#414 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

Epi stands back as Angella approaches the restrained creature figuring she has had enough poisoning for one day."Well whle certainly disturbing, this does not appear to do anything to explain the disappearances."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by Grognardsw »

Gathering a perfumed cloth about his mouth and nose to counter the offensive odors, the invisible Orando surveys the cages inhabitants.

"Perhaps some of these sorry souls were the villagers," voices the elf. "I haven't witnessed such horrors since visiting Drow halls of research two centuries ago."

"Let us attempt communication before killing them. Perhaps they can tell us who this experimenter is. He is bound to return."

Orando attempts to converse with the most human looking of the caged creatures, using the many languages the elf has learned over four centuries. "Who are you? Who did this to you? We will free you. Help us help you."

Scott308

#416 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

The priest sees the terrible gore in the room, aghast at the unspeakable horrors that had taken place. He tries not to think about the suffering that must have occurred.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#417 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Ozwaldus finds it tricky to continue concentrating on Red Caine after entering the room. He tries to block out the horror of what he's seeing and stay focused. Red Caine goes to stand quietly in the corner. "Are the prisoners... people... or..." he says.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#418 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The demonic statue stares you down as you search the hideous room.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (238.5 KiB) Viewed 817 times
The monster Caine ignores the pitiful cage inhabitants and checks out the walls and floor for any other possible doors or hatches. He finds none. He then calls out for Brother Tomas to heal him and Epi. Ozwaldus inquiries about the condition of the......

The portly priest Dowling and uninitiated Epi try not to think about it too much. Brother Tomas slowly enters this chamber of flesh, leaning heavily on his walking staff.

Angella abruptly slices the throat of the detained monster, killing it instantly. She calls out to the whimpering voices in the cages but gets no coherent response. The invisible Orando approaches the cages to seek a possible conversation. He walks from cage to cage but finds very little that resembles a human or otherwise. The cages furthest away from the tables seem to contain mostly clothing. Those to your left have all manner of remains still inside. There are gobs of flesh and severed limbs in most of them. Others contain rotting humanoid bodies in varying stages of decay. All have limbs missing.

You discover a total of 5 bodies that are still alive and somewhat intact. Three of them are nothing more than heads and torsos with strange snake-like tentacles attached where their arms and legs were hacked off. You discover a human with no legs crumpled in the corner of another cage. The last person you find is a human male who's arms appear to have been torn from the shoulder sockets. None of them are able to converse with you in their inexplicable conditions.

Brother Tomas looks absolutely appalled at the sight of this room. He weakly approaches the group, avoiding the cages. Can.......can I have my holy symbol back now.....please?

Father Dowling 22/24
Krual Caine 19/29
Epi 21/33

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#419 Post by Storm11 »

Angella will move about the chamber searching for any hidden panels or compartments once more.

"Brother Tomas, do you recognise any of these as missing people from your town? It's clear I think that experiments have been made hear, ghastly experiments using real people as part of the foundation. Disgusting. I fear these tortured souls are beyond the help even magic can give them." the fiery haired woman says sadly as she searches.
Greys Campaign.

Scott308

#420 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

I hate to say it, but I think the best thing we can do for these poor souls is to end their suffering.

Return to “Can You Help A Brother Out? (1E)”