The investigation continues.....

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The investigation continues.....

#441 Post by Storm11 »

"Perhaps if we could read their minds before we give them peace we may find out something about this torturer?" Angella suggests to the group at large
Greys Campaign.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#442 Post by Grognardsw »

"Ashes to ashes..." Orando looks down upon the remains of Mortimer.

The elf proceeds to examine any tables and work benches for magical pariphrenalia. He'll take samples of any unusual liquids, containers, tools, stones, unholy symbols, swirling patterns, or obvious spell components. He experiments with the charms from Father Tomas' holy symbol to see if they glow in proximity to the monsters.

If there is no glow, he asks Father Tomad for the symbol, reconnects the charms, and tries again.

"We should look carefully about for secret doors, panels and such in the walls, floor and ceiling." He proceeds to do so himself, though no one can see such.

While searching Orando says: "I do not have my mind reading spell impressed upon my magick ki, otherwise I would probe these pitiful creatures."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#443 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

The only one who is not completely insane is Positive Steve. True to his name, he is positive even now as he is going to be rescued. However, he does not have a healthy mind, full of thoughts. It is dark and ominous.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#444 Post by Inferno »

Krual Caine, half-human monster:
Scott308 wrote:Father Dowling
The priest looks at the victims of the experiments sadly. Krual, can you please put these four out of their misery.
The heinous thing laughed blackly, happy that the chance remained to disabuse these 'good' men and women of their so-called morality. "WHAT? DO YOUR DIRTY WORK FOR YOU? MURDERING INNOCENT VICTIMS AT YOUR REQUEST SO YOU CAN REMAIN 'CLEAN' AND 'PURE'? HAH! BUGGER OFF!" he growled with dark delight.

The abominable beast apparently agreed with Epi and Orando, as it joined the search for secret passages.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#445 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Ozwaldus Maximus, Human Illusionist

"I've found something here. Perhaps it's nothing," says Ozwaldus. He'll open the cage and use the point of his dagger to drag the golden object to the front where he can get a better look at it. Perhaps due to a momentary lapse in focus, Red Caine mimics his action, bending over and miming pulling out the bauble in mid air.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#446 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Brother Tomas reiterates the need to get Sheriff Steve out of this environment and to his temple where he can help him. The priest winces at the words of Father Dowling but says nothing, knowing full well that he is correct. The monster Caine outright refuses the job, hoping to cause more chaos. He helps Orando in the search for secret doors, mainly near or on the ceiling. They still find nothing out of the ordinary with the stonework.

Epi suggests that the gruesome surgeon must be using some means of magic to enter and exit this vile laboratory of death. Orando looks over the tables full of implements and tools. Other than the garish, blood covered surgical tools, he finds a few shelves that still hold some very old jars of what must have once been spell components. There is not much there and what is left is unusable. He does ascertain that, if this was a wizards workshop at one time, it hasn't been used as such for a long time. Again, the charms do not react to the horrible creatures by themselves. Brother Tomas is no longer in possession of his holy symbol so he does not react to Orando's request to hand it over. Even though he would very much like it reassembled and returned to him.

Ozwaldus carefully snags a small golden necklace from the very back of a cage stuffed with old clothing. He looks closely at it to find that the make, style, and font are exactly like another necklace the group has recently seen. This necklace has the name April inscribed on it.

Scott308

#447 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

The priest will pull out the white stone he bought from Stew Kresty and see if that has any effect.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#448 Post by Storm11 »

Angella looks at the necklace. "Curious that two of these with different women's names upon have been found now. Brother Tomas, do the names Sally and April mean anything to you in local lore? Any of the town's residents gone missing or been connected to each other in some way?" she queries, encouraging the good master trickster to keep the item.

"Perhaps there may be a way to permanently destroy this place, so that at least no more immediate experimentation by our mysterious foe will be possible, though it looks like whomever is behind it has abandoned these poor creatures, and it possible they already have a new laboratory lair somewhere!"
Greys Campaign.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#449 Post by Inferno »

In Caine's search, did he locate a keyhole for that silver key?
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#450 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The priest will pull out the white stone he bought from Stew Kresty and see if that has any effect.
Any effect on what?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#451 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Inferno wrote:
In Caine's search, did he locate a keyhole for that silver key?
No.

The silver key taken off of the old woman seems like a normal key for a doors lock.

There are no secret compartments, doors, openings, keyholes, cubbyholes, or alcoves that you find in this hellish basement.

Scott308

#452 Post by Scott308 »

OGRE MAGE wrote:

Any effect on what?
When he used it outside, it vibrated and caused the outline around the entrance to glow, IIRC. He was looking to see if anything happened as he wandered the area down here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#453 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Gotcha. Thanks!

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#454 Post by Inferno »

"COME OUT, COME OUT, WHEREVER YOU ARE," the vulgar fiend crooned creepily as he searched the previous room with the pentagram, and the two rooms adjacent it, for secret passages while holding a giant sword that dripped blood.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#455 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

The ranger shrugs, "Well perhaps we'd best get Positive Steve back to town. If it is agreed that nothing can be done to aid the others, then I'll help do what must be done."

"Brother Tomas, do you recognize any of these poor souls? Might someone in town wish to know what happened to them or to have their remains returned to them?"

Scott308

#456 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling
Storm11 wrote:Angella looks at the necklace. "Curious that two of these with different women's names upon have been found now. Brother Tomas, do the names Sally and April mean anything to you in local lore?
April is the mayor's name, and she had survived an attack years ago. Now there is a necklace with her name on it. Coincidence?

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#457 Post by Storm11 »

Storm11 wrote:Angella looks at the necklace. "Curious that two of these with different women's names upon have been found now. Brother Tomas, do the names Sally and April mean anything to you in local lore?
April is the mayor's name, and she had survived an attack years ago. Now there is a necklace with her name on it. Coincidence?
"It seems a trip to the mayoress is in order after all!" the young monk says nodding.
Greys Campaign.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#458 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Hmmmm. Yes. Let's visit the mayor, I suppose. Why would a necklace with her name on it be here, though? My first suspicion was that the necklaces could be a means of magically controlling the victims, but clearly she's not wearing this one. I don't suppose there could be more than one April? I suppose that would be out of the question..." Ozwaldus muses.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#459 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dowling pulls out his magic stone but it sheds no new light on this sad mystery. Angella suggests that this horrific place be utterly destroyed, but gives no suggestion on how to accomplish the difficult task. The monster KC leaves the room to go and check the walls of the other 3 rooms in this complex. The brute finds nothing of note in those rooms either. The invisible Orando asks Angella to give him the priest’s holy symbol so he can put it back together for the kind old man. He does just that.

Epi agrees to do the mercy killing if she has to. But first, she asks Brother Tomas again if he recognizes any of the others. He looks at her disgustedly. He tells her that he doesn’t know any next of kin for the only man that is still somewhat recognizable. Angella asks Brother Tomas if he knows who April and Sally are. The old priest nearly jumps out of his skin.

Let me see that thing!!! He grabs the small necklace from Ozwaldus and looks at it very closely.I GAVE THIS TO HER!!! How did this get inside this forsaken place? The priest looks off into nothing for a long while and mumbles something that is barely audible under his breath. It is as I have feared all along…… The old man looks more confused than ever at this moment. He drops to his knees and begins to cry again.

Ozwaldous and Angella suggest paying the Mayor a little visit.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#460 Post by Inferno »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Let me see that thing!!! He grabs the small necklace from Ozwaldus and looks at it very closely.I GAVE THIS TO HER!!! How did this get inside this forsaken place? The priest looks off into nothing for a long while and mumbles something that is barely audible under his breath. It is as I have feared all along…… The old man looks more confused than ever at this moment. He drops to his knees and begins to cry again.
"AND WHAT WOULD THAT BE? WHAT HAVE YOU FEARED ALL ALONG?" Caine barked as he loomed over secretive, weeping priest.
DM:

Player: