8-Undermountain Trip 4 - SkullPort

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: 8-Undermountain Trip 4 - SkullPort

#181 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "I am with Ganon on this for once. We've garnered some intel but not nearly enough to try and do anything and hope to accomplish much. Lets regroup in a place we are more accustomed to and decide from there what to do."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#182 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

In confidence to her comrades: So far, I feel that we are at an incredible disadvantage here. Tella is in but does not trust this situation.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack nods in agreement. "I'd never step away from a fight but this is more of a battle. We need good solid intel on the layout of the compound and the forces within."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#184 Post by Darkmane »

After a bit of whispering you decide to pay the lady and secure an odd trip home. (somebody deduct 500 gold)

Immediately upon receiving payment, Vhondryl nods to a guard in the tap room and he briskly walks out of the inn. In a few moments he returns with the grey-skinned men. With scowls upon their faces, the slate colored warriors stare at Vhondryl in silence for perhaps a minute. The silence makes all of you a bit awkward feeling, but over time the men stop their scowling and finally one of them nods to her. Some sort of soundless communication seems to have taken place...

The lady's shoulders slump a bit, and she lightly jiggles the coin in her pocket, then says to Thorax,"They've agreed to take you, safe journey master dwar..."

In mid-sentence, she disappears from the tap-room. You look about, and the whole taproom seems empty, except for your company and the grey men. Several of you try to speak, but it is as if there is jelly in your mouth, nothing comes out but a hollow far away moan. Everything at once seems to fade to grey, as if the whole place was suddenly filled with a mist, and then the tap room is gone. In the mist, there are dark hallways, your feet are now standing upon grey stone. Everything is a blur, your ears hear a silence that is deafening. There is a feeling in your chests like a tug, a pull, motion that doesn't seem to make sense, and then the hallways are cobbled pavement.

The sounds of city live explode into your ears, like you've never heard before, like you've suddenly popped your head out of water and everything is noise and movement!

Vek seems to pull out of it first, grabbing Ganon by the shirt and pulling him out of the way of a horse drawn cart, the edge of the cart smacking into Ganon's shoulder. You all see the implacable faces of the grey men, only for a mere moment in the confusion, and then they slip away into the crowd. The driver is yelling at a scowling Vek that he didn't see any of you, and why were you standing drunkenly in the middle of the street. This is Wateredeep, he screams out, it is suicide to stand in the midst of the road!

Looking about, you move away from the small, but growing, crowd of confused people. They are drawn to the noise, not understanding exactly what happened. Ganon's shoulder is fine, although it might have a small bruise tomorrow. You are back in Waterdeep, your boots clicking on familiar cobbles. You walk purposefully now, your company fanning out in an arc. Moving away from the scene, the voices of the citizens disappearing as you turn through familiar alleys, it seems like the whole experience of the grey men, and the city of skulls is just a long terrible dream...

You are home.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#185 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

I'll take this one. She says handing over the gold.

After the transport: Breathing in the familiar smells of Waterdeep: Home again.... I am going to get a drink, anyone join me?

OCC: 50PP deducted. She's a platinum kinda girl. 8-)

GreyWolfVT

#186 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "Thanks Tella. I'd be happy to join you in a drink."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#187 Post by Darkmane »

Where you guys going for this drink? To the Yawning Portal? The Tavemple? Or some new place? What are your next moves now that you are back in Waterdeep?

GreyWolfVT

#188 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Tavemple is fine by me

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#189 Post by ylinett »

Thorax wants to go to the Tavemple. There he will pray and check what has happened since they left. When everyone is prepared it is time to plan our next moves.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#190 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

"I'm going to pass on the drink Tella. I think I'm still drunk from the block party. I'm not sure that the events that took place prior to my third mug of ale at the party were real. I'll see you all back at the apartment. I need to get some rest and get rid of this awful feeling."

Ganon will rest at the apartment for a day before resuming his normal routine of spending his days in the Yawning Portal listening to rumors and any tales told by it's patrons.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#191 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Tavemple is fine with her also.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by Inferno »

Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

The grim warrior was ready to leave this abominable place, and plot a swift return to wreak havoc upon the child-stealing Fat Man.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#193 Post by ylinett »

Thorax too wants to plan the attack before worrying about the Dragon hoard. "Should one of us be lost who could we trust? The children need us. If we need to raise money for supplies or an army I agree, but I would want to speak with Trevor first. Now if there was some fabled item or an omen that we had to tackle the Dragon first I could be persuaded. Perhaps I should pray to Clangeddin for guidance?"

GreyWolfVT

#194 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble before regrouping at the taveremple heads to the local church of Gond and seeks council from his fellow gondsmen about information oh Skullport and anything more that can be of service to him and the others in trying to strategize how to attack the complex or at least try and deal with the situation at hand.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#195 Post by Darkmane »

When you arrive at the Tavemple, you find a group of dwarves in a vigil. They get up and come out to meet you all.

We are glad you've returned! Several skulkers tried sneaking into the Tavemple to steal holy artifacts. We caught one and questioned him, ge said there be rumors of large gems stored in the church. All the thieves in the city seem to know about em!"

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by Inferno »

Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

Gems and coins held no interest for Vek, even when he wasn't planning a murder. "Let us lay plans to end the Fat Man, and his network of child slavery.
"A siege at his stronghold will attract too much attention from the evil denizens of that heinous city. Our small force should enter with stealth. But first we need to prepare and gather intelligence; watch his lair, learn the guard shifts, discover a way in..."

He looked to the wizards and priests and rasped, "Perhaps you can divine some helpful information?"
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack remains silent as the group progresses through the city towards the Tavemple. Things seemed to him as if they had turned surreal from he moment they entered Skullport to the minute they left. As they enter the Tavemple and the praying dwarves inform them of the attempted theft, a dark cloud passes Cormack's face. "Do ye still have the biter? I would gladly ask of him a few questions of me own."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#198 Post by Darkmane »

At cormacks wires the dwarves look at each other, Having no place to him him we let the thief go.
What will you guys do next, some of you wish to look into the fat man further, some of you want to go after a dragon.

GreyWolfVT

#199 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "I would have handed the thief over to the local authorities. But perhaps I am thinking too much like a gnome."

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#200 Post by ylinett »

Thorax believes we should all take a day and rest. While the others do so he will fast and pray. Perhaps Clangeddin will guide him. If not he will want to plan the assualt.

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”