Yohan's Mercantile (42)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Yohan's Mercantile (42)

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

This is one of the oldest looking buildings in town, it could definitely use a little upkeep. There is an older couple behind the counter. The old woman recognizes Epi and smiles at her as she enters.

Oh, hello again dear. I hope you aren't coming to return that beautiful dress.

The old man is a bit less friendly and glares at the group as they come in.

What can I do for you?
image.jpg
image.jpg (21.35 KiB) Viewed 841 times

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Yohan's Mercantile (42)

#2 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

Epi smiles back at the woman, "No the dress is fine thanks. We're here on, well I guess a more official reason. We are investigating the vanishings in this town and understand someone close to you disappeared. First we're sorry for you loss and hope you can tell us anything that could help us in our quest."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As the group enters the store, they are joined by Orando who was just heading back to the Inn.

The old woman continues to smile at Epi as she answers her. Ohhh nooo deary. Ray isn't gone missing. Why, I expect him back any time now. He still has his chores to finish.

The old man shakes his head and rolls his eyes. That's right ma, I'm sure he is on his way here to finish his chores right now.

He looks at each of you with pity in his eyes as he taps on his temple with his index finger. (indicating that his wife might not be doing very well, mentally)

He might even be in the back room right now if you would like to go and check dear, he says to her calmly. I can take care of these nice folks while you look for him.

The old woman shuffles away slowly, heading for the back room.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, elf

When the wife walks away, Orando says to the husband: "I'm sorry for your loss. We are here investigating the disappearances. Can you tell us in your own words what happened?"

"Did Ray have any enemies? Did he interact with any strangers around the time of his disappearance? Is there anything in particular Ray had in common with others who disappeared? Do you have any personal theories?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Don't mind my Nesta, she's been through an awful lot lately. She just hasn't been her usual self is all.

He leans towards you and whispers.

The wagons rolling, but there is nobody at the reigns, if you know what I mean.

Ray ain't coming back, but she just won't give up hope. He's been gone for a while now. Not really sure why he left, but I'm pretty sure he's gone fer good. He didn't really have many friends, or enemies to my knowledge. I guess my theory is, he just got sick of this place and wandered off to find a better life for himself.

He was always a few eggs short of a dozen if you get me. Fact is, he was so dumb, he couldn't even tie his own shoes. He'd usually just end up pulling all the "laces out".

Just then Nesta returns from the back room with a plate of cookies.

Would any of you like some cookies? I just baked them.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Grognardsw »

"Thank you," Orando takes a cookie. He looks to Epi and the others, indicating if they have any questions.

"It is delicious," the elf lies.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

The ranger will take a cookie nodding thanks, "So Ray just left without saying goodbye or where he might be headed? Did he take anything with him? A change of clothes or his favorite...um...whatever?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#8 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Yohan
Well, he didn't say where he was going but he always talked about some beautiful woman that he was gonna run off with someday.

Nesta
Bitch!

Yohan
Now ma!

Where was I?

Oh ya, well, he's 40 years old so we couldn't really stop him. He didn't really have that much to take with him. I didn't notice anything missing, anyway.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#9 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

Do either of you have any idea who this woman was? asks the priest, as he helps himself to a cookie. He takes a bite and while not the best cookie by any means, it is still a free cookie and it would be rude not to have another. After all, for the poor lady, making cookies for customers may be the only thing that brings joy to her meager life. Thank you for the cookies, ma'am. I'll have another if you don't mind.

I wonder if there is a woman in town named Einhorn.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#10 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Yohan
Seen her? No, we've never actually seen her. I kinda doubted the she even existed if ya want the truth.

Nesta
Thank you everyone. I'm glad you like my cookies. There made with sheep butter......Rays favorite. You folks are very nice aren't you. Where are you from? I've never seen any of you before.

She walks up to the unusually quiet Ugghra and stares him up and down. My, you are a big and strange looking one aren't you? Do they eat cookies where you're from orcman? She hold out the tray to the not so dashing dandy.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, elf

"I am from far-off Ferestivian Forest, where live the elves among the tree and dales, and dream in magick mists, and travel to realms beyond the material," Orando says, wishing he were there, and ending anti-climatically. "And now I am in Brotherton."

The elf turns to Father Dowling, Epi and Sir Ugghra. "Have any of you heard from other interviews of a woman or paramour involved with others who disappeared?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#12 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nesta turns her attention to Orando.

Ooohhh! An elf you say, my aren't you a pretty one. We don't see many of your kind here in Brotherton. In fact, I don't think we even have one elf that lives near here. Although, nobody's really sure what Gretta is. Hahahaha!

Yohan

Now ma! Be nice!

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, elf

"Perhaps she is a fellow elf I should meet," says Orando. "Who is this Gretta?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#14 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Yohan

Gretta is just a bit misunderstood is all. She is a little strange looking to be sure, but she has always been nice enough to me. Although, I don't see her very often, she is a bit of a night owl I think. She has been around this area her whole life, and she is pretty old. She probably knows more about this town and what is going on here than anybody else. Too bad she ain't the friendliest person to deal with. She is some kind of apothecary......or something like that anyway. She lives in an old shack........down by the river.

Nesta

She's a WITCH! And she stinks of dead fish!

She is always walking around outside at night. I mean really, who does that? You know, that reminds me. Why are there so many folks that walk around outside in the middle of the night around here?

Yohan

Now ma! Stop that witch nonsense. She buys supplies here from time to time so, she can't be all that bad.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by Cauchy »

Epi
The elf turns to Father Dowling, Epi and Sir Ugghra. "Have any of you heard from other interviews of a woman or paramour involved with others who disappeared?"
Epi shakes her head and takes a step towards the door, "Well as I made my purchase this morning, I'm not in need of anything else. So I'll let you get back to your work."

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Inferno »

Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:
OGRE MAGE wrote: Nesta
My, you are a big and strange looking one aren't you? Do they eat cookies where you're from orcman?
"No," sniffed the grotesque gourmand. "Dessert Canapes."
OGRE MAGE wrote: Nesta
You know, that reminds me. Why are there so many folks that walk around outside in the middle of the night around here?
"Pray, Madam, Who Else Walks Around Outside In The Middle of The Night?
"And By What Name, May I Ask, Did Your Son Refer To This Mysterious Woman? Was She Another Villager in Brotherton? How Long Ago Did They Meet? How Did He Describe Her?"
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#17 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nesta

Oh, I see all kinds of people walking around at night. Mostly up around by that scary Pitchfork's place.

Ray never mentioned her name to us. He always said he was gonna bring her around to meet us but, I guess she was shy. Don't rightly know when they met but I don't think she was from around here. Not too many gorgeous ladies round these parts.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Inferno »

Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:

"So It Would Seem," said the beast with an eye for beauty.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, elf
OGRE MAGE wrote:Yohan

Gretta is just a bit misunderstood is all. She is a little strange looking to be sure, but she has always been nice enough to me. Although, I don't see her very often, she is a bit of a night owl I think. She has been around this area her whole life, and she is pretty old. She probably knows more about this town and what is going on here than anybody else. Too bad she ain't the friendliest person to deal with. She is some kind of apothecary......or something like that anyway. She lives in an old shack........down by the river.
"Ah, you mean the alchemist?" ask Orando. "Yes she was a crotchety old lady, but I'm sure she is charming when you get to know her."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#20 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Yohan

Haha! I sense a little sarcasm there, you musta' run into her already.

She's an interesting one to be sure, but I've never known her to hurt nobody too bad.

Return to “Can You Help A Brother Out? (1E)”