The Weary Traveler Inn and Tavern (4)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: The Weary Traveler Inn and Tavern

#21 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo perks up "Fell? As in collapsed? or merely that the inhabitant was taken down in a battle?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#22 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Oh no, it actually fell over. Well, I guess exploded would be a better term. The old Mage done blew himself up he did!

Why, there ain't nothing left of the tower itself really. It's just a stump of stones now. Everything above the ground floor was destroyed and anything of value was looted years ago.

GreyWolfVT

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo reacts :shock: almost choking on his food. "Well I knew that mage was a little off but blowing himself up that certainly was unexpected to hear. No wonder everyone avoids the place."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#24 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Oh yes, it certainly was talked about a lot when it first happened. Fortunately, the old mage was a recluse and never left his lonely tower. He never came into town that I know of, so nobody really knew what kind of person he actually was.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Dram »

Grillock- Why do they say it is haunted? What has happened for people to believe it is haunted? IS there any entertainment in this town? Grillock looks around the tavern to see if there is place where a bard can play.
Last edited by Dram on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Oh yes, it certainly was talked about a lot when it first happened. Fortunately, the old mage was a recluse and never left his lonely tower. He never came into town that I know of, so nobody really knew what kind of person he actually was.
Odilo nods "That sounds about right I only met the man a couple of times and he was of the art but of completely different views and so forth than myself. I'd not really know myself if the man was decent or not I'd just call him of opposite mind from my own. Count to think of it the times I met him I am quite sure it was in his tower." yeah not sure if this is all true but i just kinda made it up as i went along. ;)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#27 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dram wrote:Grillock- Why do they say it is haunted? What has happened for people to believe it is haunted? IS there any entertainment in this town?
Oh, folks say there is strange noises and undead creatures that roam around in that area. Some even say that it's the Wizards undead pet dragon that keeps people away for its former master.

For entertainment on a week night you would have to try Kresty's place. You two don't look like you'd fit in too well there, belive you me.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#28 Post by OGRE MAGE »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
OGRE MAGE wrote:Oh yes, it certainly was talked about a lot when it first happened. Fortunately, the old mage was a recluse and never left his lonely tower. He never came into town that I know of, so nobody really knew what kind of person he actually was.
Odilo nods "That sounds about right I only met the man a couple of times and he was of the art but of completely different views and so forth than myself. I'd not really know myself if the man was decent or not I'd just call him of opposite mind from my own. Count to think of it the times I met him I am quite sure it was in his tower." yeah not sure if this is all true but i just kinda made it up as i went along. ;)
You can make up whatever you'd like but, you've never actually been to the tower before.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Dram »

Oh, folks say there is strange noises and undead creatures that roam around in that area. Some even say that it's the Wizards undead pet dragon that keeps people away for its former master.

For entertainment on a week night you would have to try Kresty's place. You two don't look like you'd fit in too well there, believe you me.
Grillock- At the mention of the word Dragon causes Grillock to stir in his seat a bit. The mage had a dragon? If we go investigate the tower we shall need more than just the two of us. Odilo while you are cleaning up I shall go out and look for people that may want to accompany us to the tower. What kind of people go to Kresty's.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#30 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Yon smiles at Grillock's question.

Rich ones! Is all he says.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Dram »

Grillock- Gets up from the table. I shall be back in hour. I am going to look for some help investigating the tower.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

OGRE MAGE wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:
You can make up whatever you'd like but, you've never actually been to the tower before.
ok so if i met Mortimer where were he and I if not in his tower?

Odilo nods to Grillock and gets up and goes to find his room and clean himself up. "Very well Grillock. I'll be here. Yon I thank you for the food and drink as well as the information and hospitality. I may have more questions for ya later. Oh and when I return if the tailor is about would you point him out to me good sir?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#33 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Yon
Very good sir! I certainly will do that.
ok so if i met Mortimer where were he and I if not in his tower?

Ummmmm, maybe a wizards convention?

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Dram »

Grillock- Yon that was a very good meal. I shall Be back in a while. Hopefully with some more customers for ya. Grillock leaves the tavern and starts walking towards the Temple. He will Make note of the local businesses and anything out of the ordinary.

Grillock will go the long way around back to the tavern around towards the Statue of Earl Mayweather.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#35 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Grillock is able to locate the others and nonchalantly herd them to The Weary Traveler.

He doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary throughout the town along the way.

The action resumes in the main IC thread here.
viewtopic.php?f=243&t=4420&start=100#p196050

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Weary Traveler Inn and Tavern (4)

#36 Post by Inferno »

Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:

The beautiful beast returned to the Inn to await the others in his party to plan their next moves.

If he saw Miss Epi back in her armour, he would cluck, "Tut Tut, My Dear, What's This?! Armor? And Other Manly Accoutrements? Perish The Thought!"

He opened his snuff box and took a pinch to alleviate his nerves at this dreadful turn of events.

"My Child, You Had Made Such Commendable Progress This Morning. Won't You Please Return At Once to Your Sumptuous, Exquisite Gown! I'm Afraid I Must Rather Insist That You Do. There's a Good Girl."
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#37 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

"Insist all you want, but if we are to visit the fallen tower then I'd prefer some steel between me and whatever we might find."

She will relate what she learned from the Captain, though admittedly it is not much.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#38 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The trio of Sir Ugghra, Father Dowling, and Epi converge back at the inn to exchange what they've learned so far.

Are they content to wait for the others to return, or would they like to question anyone else around town?

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Inferno »

Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:
OM: It depends. :)
What time is it, please? And when do we expect Orando, Grillock and Odilo to return to the inn?
Thanks.
Sir Ugghra shared his fruitless findings at Positive Steve's former home, and listened to Miss Epi's report. Midway through, he exclaimed, "He What? Why That Blackguard Rotter! How Dare He Impugn Your Honour With Such an Untoward and Unwelcome Advance!" The chivalric mongrel stood up. "I'll Give That Bounder a Proper Thrashing!"
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#40 Post by OGRE MAGE »

It is still mid morning and there was no time frame set up to meet before you parted ways today so, I guess you have no idea when the other three party members will return.

It is perfectly acceptable if you would like to wait for them, I just don't want anyone to feel as though they have to sit around idle whilst others are still investigating. (playing)

Return to “Can You Help A Brother Out? (1E)”