Act IV Mount Everglow

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Act IV Mount Everglow

#301 Post by Dram »

Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#302 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar will remain watching from above.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#303 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Halo, Trotter, and Thomas take off in pursuit of the fleeing giant that is now killing Xano. Barak and the other two dwarves rush in to hack away at the giants legs while Blodget fires away with his sling. Xano tries to slit the things throat with her sword but then realizes that it's neck is 15 feet above her head, so she stabs it in the knee instead.

The giants axe chops down at her again but Xano is able to avoid the strike while she and the others hack, slash, stone, and pound the giant into a mushy, bloody pulp. The dwarves especially revel in this task.

Mira and Morgi enter the cave opening while Wyntar watches from above. The pair see a large pile of huge rocks laced with silver in the back of the main cave area. There are many other smaller caves that head off in every direction and what looks like a living area for the giants, complete with a fire ring, cooking pot, and water casks.

As you all eventually enter the cave and have a look around, you realize that there are no other immediate threats that you need to deal with. The dwarves see the pile of silver rocks upon entry and celebrate boisterously for a while. Then they notice the pile of short, thick, bones in the corner next to the fire pit and their moods instantly turn somber.

Trotter 43/43
Halo 21/49
Xano 15/39
Thomas 26/46
Morgi 38/49
Wyntar 23/40
Mira 32/32
Blodget 48/56

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#305 Post by tkrexx »

Rest, Mira agrees. Heal, and regain spells. I will keep watch for a time. At nightfall, we should move on. I can bestow night vision to myself and 2 others for a time, if needs be, superior to the heat vision. If we make another encounter such as this one, I would prefer that it be at night, under the stars, where my power rivals even that of Morgi. I can keep the mist active, and at a minimum, unless we are again beset.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by Dram »

Xano- Checks the dead giants body for any valuables. When she is done she will head into the cave with others.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Hotgoblin

#307 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar rejoins his fellow comrades. I agree, rest is greatly needed by all of us. Barak, will the dwarves be accompanying as we move on? As he prepares a spot in the cave to rest.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#308 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Before resting Thomas walks up to Xano, resting a hand on her shoulder and inciting a small prayer, light flowing from him to her for a brief moment...

Casting last heal spell, cure light wounds.
Cure Light Wounds: [1d8] = 6
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by Dram »

Xona- Thank you Thomas. A rest would do us all good.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#310 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ice Cave Crossing
Mid Morning

The group takes the time to reorganize and search the area as well as the fallen enemy that wasn't incinerated. A total of 8,350 gp in coins are found in random bags inside the cave. The dwarves estimate that the silver infused rock pile that they, along with the giants, have mined so far is the equivalent of about 200,000 sp. You also find an ornately carved, long, slender box that appears to be locked.

Under closer inspection of the huge cave you see a total of 12 other tunnels going off in every direction, including one directly through the caves ceiling and two of them that lead through the floor off the cave. Most of them are almost perfectly round in shape but there are a few other horizontal tunnels at floor level that look to have been more recently dug out.

Charcoal cave drawings fill the inner walls of the cave, many of them depict a flying, female mage. Some of the images are of her flying around in a fish shaped craft with many other strange flying creatures all around her. A lot of the creatures appear to be two or three different species that are grotesquely combined together to form one flying oddity.

The two dwarves begin to gather up the remains and bones of their kinfolk They bring them outside, presumably to bury them.

Barak listens to Mira and responds. If you tired lot need to sleep again for a few hours, even know we all just woke up, we can watch over you until you're better rested. Me and the boys got a lot of work to do cleaning out all this giant stench. I suppose after that, you'll be wanting to know which tunnel gets you through to the ice lake, right?

And no, Mr. white wizard, we will not be going any further with you. No offense of course, but we need to get back to our own concerns.

The fiery priest of Joramy blesses Xano with healing power and the huge gash in her shoulder begins to knit together and heal. healed 6 Blodget stands there staring at the pretty, long box. Should I try to open it? And no mistake.

Trotter 43/43
Halo 21/49
Xano 21/39
Thomas 26/46
Morgi 38/49
Wyntar 23/40
Mira 32/32
Blodget 49/56

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by Dram »

Xano- walks to box inspects it intently. She looks at Blodget. You going to open this box or you me to give it a try. In thieves cant. She states. any loot you pocket we split 50/50.Gives Blodget a wink.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#312 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The confident but diminutive halfling gives the she elf a glare as he pulls out his thieves tools. He attempts to unlock the ornate box.

After studying it and tinkering with it for a minute, he hangs his head and hands the box to Xano, looking rather dejected as he does so.

I will let you try it first, he says with a sly grin.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#313 Post by Nuke66 »

"Perhaps we should divine if there may be some type of trap on that box before we start messing with the lock. But if you insist, you ought to take it outside" Morgi says.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#314 Post by tkrexx »

Our thanks, Sir Barak, Mirachele bows her head slightly in gratitude. You Dwarves have pulled your weight and more. To allow us to rest and regain our spells would be yet another boon. My share of the Giants' hoard is yours. She looks about the vast cavern, obviously thinking. Seems we won't be making any night travel; my Nightsight will do us little good in this underground. I shall re-evaluate my mystics.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#315 Post by Dram »

Xano- Looks over the box carefully. She smiles at the halfing.

Find and Locate traps (60%)
Locate&remove traps no armor 65% needed, Elven Chain 60%[1d100] = 37

Open Locks (67%)
Open Locks 72% no armor needed, Elven Chain 67%[1d100] = 61
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#316 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Xano pops the lock open easily enough and lifts the lid.

Inside the box is a long slender shaft of wood, about the same size as a broomstick that was cut in half. On the head of the shaft is an ornately carved eagles head. The butt of the shaft has feathers and thongs of what looks like leather that dangle from the end of it. They are held onto the wooden dowel by a band of gold metal.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#317 Post by Inferno »

Blodget, halfling thief:
Dram wrote:Xano- walks to box inspects it intently. She looks at Blodget. You going to open this box or you me to give it a try. In thieves cant. She states. any loot you pocket we split 50/50.Gives Blodget a wink.
The foolish young hobbit didn't speak Thieves Cant, but didn't want to let on. He winked back in an exaggerated fashion and tried to repeat Xano's nonsense words, "Inky Dinky Doo, to you too, Miss Xano... if you please!"

When the box was opened, Blodget gasped in wondrous awe. Then he asked, "What is it?"
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#318 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas walks over to the paintings along the wall, depicting the female mage and the strange abominations, a look of disappointment and possible disgust crossing his features as he looks over the story presented.

Thomas will just do his own thing, rest, and then head out with everyone else. Unless someone wants to talk to the fiery cleric of Joramy.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#319 Post by Dram »

Xano looks over the item in the chest. Thomas can you detect evil on this item. Blodget my friend I would not touch till one of our spell casters determine its use and whether it is good or evil. Than she whispers to the Halfling You need some lessons in our language if you want to become rich in our profession. You will not be able to sell any of the goods you lift from people. She pats the little guy on shoulder.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#320 Post by Storm11 »

Halo will sense evil on the item. "A wand or rod perhaps?" he says as he opens up his minds eye to Pelor's light

"What's to bet this sky sled is our rail road to flight!"
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”