HELP!!! The quest begins

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: HELP!!! The quest begins

#181 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, adept

"Dalia, you have been very helpful and I wish you good tidings. May I say an Elven blessing upon you for good luck and fortune?" the charismatic elf asks, pressing another gold coin into her hand.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#182 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Haha! If you keep giving me gold, you can do anything you want to me.

And I do mean anything.

She squeezes your hand a bit this time when she takes the coin.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, mystic

Orando smiles, closes his eyes, raises a hand in peaceful benediction, and recites an elven prayer.
Casts Benai's Beneficial Beguilement (Charm Person)
"I feel we have become good friends Dalia..."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#184 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dalia never takes her eyes off of the svelte mage.

Awwww, what er ya doing now? I just said you can have your way with me, and I meant it. But you think you need to try some magic hocus pocus nonsense on me instead?

She stares deeply into your eyes again, this time it seems even more creepy.

What? You don't think my boy told me everything you and yer friends did yesterday? Shame on you fer casting spells on innocent folk just going about their business. He said that Miss Hendriks was mad as a hornet and you just calmed her right down with a wave of yer hand. Shame! Shame!

He also said you have a thing for the older ladies! You don't need to use your spells on me, just so you know.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, milf hunter

"Dalia, I am more than 400 years old. You are hardly old," the elf says with a wink. "You are young at heart, wise in the ways of the world..." He tries to decipher the nature of those eyes.

"Forgive my enchantments. A wise mentor once said trust but verify."

"It's strange, no one really seems too concerned about the disappearances here, except the mayor. Your sheriff, the priests, townsfolk all just shrug their shoulders."

Orando sighs and draws forth his wineskin. "Would you like some wine? I have no cups, unless you have some in your house...?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#186 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Oh my, no thank you. I never touch the stuff anymore. It makes me a little loose in the lips, if you catch my meaning.

The reason you are getting mixed signals is because the whole darn thing is a bunch of hogwash. The mayor has to take the claims seriously because she wants to appease the families of the missing. There is nothing more to it than that. If there was actually something to the disappearances, don't you think there would have been some evidence of it somewhere after all these years?

Dalia seems to be growing a bit tired of the questioning now.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, mysteriarch

"Thank you Dalia," he stoppers the wineskin and smiles. "The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it. Well, I'll be on my way. Should your lips need loosening, I am at the Weary Traveler Inn."

Orando bids Dalia good day

and returns to the Inn, reads the letter left by Sir Ugghra, and waits for the noon meeting.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#188 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As the group at the general store departs, they can see the duo of Odilo and Grillock outside the gate of the huge blacksmith shop. They appear to be talking with a large, rather ugly half-orc.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#189 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

I have had mixed reactions from family members of those missing. Remember, Mr. Kresty was happy to gave someone investigating the disappearance of his wife. However, I do feel that it is more likely to open old wounds, especially if their loved one had disappeared a long time ago.

The priest frowns as he sees Grillock and Odilo speaking with a half-Orc. Now what in the world have those two gotten themselves into this time?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, enchantrix

Orando approaches and listens to the conversation with Odilo, Grillock and the half-orc for a bit. "Hello gentlemen, how has your morning been?" he says in Common. "Have we met a new friend? How delightful - another half-orc! My name is Orando." Switching to elven (as he knows they must understand the Language of Magic and Civilization) to Odilo and Grillock: "You have impeccable taste."

"I'm not sure we need a companion for our expedition, especially an untrusted half-orc from Pitchfork's," says Orando in elven. "Perhaps I can adjust his attitude?"

Orando smiles at the half-orc, nods his head, continues speaking in elven, casting Charm Person on the half-orc.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#191 Post by GreyWolfVT »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Mukluk notices you noticing the others heading your way.

Hey? You know these people? Who are they?
Odilo nods to Mukluk "Well we know the half-orc there that's Orando. A friend of mine." greeting Orando he introduces the two "Orando this is Mukluk, Mukluk this is Orando."
Grognardsw wrote:Orando, enchantrix

Orando approaches and listens to the conversation with Odilo, Grillock and the half-orc for a bit. "Hello gentlemen, how has your morning been?" he says in Common. "Have we met a new friend? How delightful - another half-orc! My name is Orando." Switching to elven (as he knows they must understand the Language of Magic and Civilization) to Odilo and Grillock: "You have impeccable taste."

"I'm not sure we need a companion for our expedition, especially an untrusted half-orc from Pitchfork's," says Orando in elven. "Perhaps I can adjust his attitude?"

Orando smiles at the half-orc, nods his head, continues speaking in elven, casting Charm Person on the half-orc.
Odilo smiles at Orando "We knew you'd like him. But no he is not an untrusted half-orc he is an old friend of Grillocks that works at the pitchfork tavern. We asked him to tag along with us for a bit."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by Inferno »

Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:

The refined brute didn't appear pleased at their new companion, obviously a spy from the nefarious criminal enterprise headquartered within the Pitchfork Tavern, come to infiltrate their investigation or perhaps even to thwart it.

Sir Ugghra spoke fluent Elvish, of course. "A Capital Suggestion, Madam," he said to Orando with approval.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#193 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Odilo greets Orando and the others as they approach, but Mukluk looks uneasy. He mumbles something to the pair just as Orando steps forward, making his grand introduction.

Not understanding the eleven language, the half-orc becomes visibly upset and grunts his disapproval out loud as the group converses.

By the time the intellectually challenged Mukluk realizes what Orando is doing, it is already too late for him. Half way through the words of the obvious spell Mukluk draws out a dagger from his tunic, looking to plunge it into the Elf's pretty face before he becomes ensorcelled.

Seconds later however, the half-orc just stands there smiling at Orando, twirling his blade in his hand with some obvious skill.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#194 Post by OGRE MAGE »

DM note:

Please keep in mind that you are now in the broad daylight of mid morning and there are more than a few townsfolk milling about, doing their daily duties. The streets are not empty and your group of 7 now stands out a bit.

There is still a lot of noise coming from behind the walls of the busy blacksmith shop however.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, friend to half-orcs

"Mukluk you handle that blade like a master. A half-man after my own heart," says Orando, gulping at the close call. "Let us talk, good friend, over lunch. I look forward to hearing about the fine work done at the Pounding Father (do they pound more than steel? Ha-ha-ha), and the fun times to be had at Pitchfork's tonight."

"Friends," he says addressing the party, "let us disperse and meet at our inn? Mukluk walk with me."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#196 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Mukluk

Ummm, sure. I guess. Hey, where we going? I thought us three were going to tower! He motions to Grillock and Odilo.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#197 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Mukluk

You know, now that you mention it, Mukluk is pretty hungry.

Where we go eat?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#198 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo shrugs at Mukluk "I know not my new friend I thought the very same myself but it appears we are invited to a free meal." the mage turns to Grillock "Who are all of these odd folk? I don't like that unruly one there." he points to Ugghra. "But the reset of these folk appear to be fine." a joke at Ugghra's expense I would suppose.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Inferno »

Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:

The gentleorc looked to Epi and then to Dowling, "Shall We Try the Two Victims' Families Then? Perhaps Your Friend at the Tavern Can Offer Some Assistance Regarding Their Addresses, Good Father?"
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#200 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

The priest slowly shakes his head. No, Mr. Kresty will not give us any info on other families who have lost people. He did say he had something for me if I stop by before heading out to the tower. I don't know what the item is, but it was given to him by the mad mage, who used to visit Mr. Kresty's establishment.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Return to “Can You Help A Brother Out? (1E)”