Chapter 2: Attack on the Goblin City

Synthalus
zero4306
Strider
Strider

Re: Chapter 2: Attack on the Goblin City

#61 Post by zero4306 »

Fenris gathers the weapons and armor from the slain hobgoblins into one pile, and prays

Great and powerful Anu, I your humble servant offer up the arms of our fallen enemies today. I humbly ask for your favor in these coming days as we assault the goblin stronghold. Please grant us your wisdom and strength as we strike down this scourge in your name, so that your hallowed name may continue to spread in this alien land.
"Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster. And if you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you," - Friedrich Nietzche

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR

Brother Fenris rises into the air about ten feet and a bolt of lightning strikes him dead in he chest. The weapons and armor vanish as well as the blood portal create by Maglubiyet. A storm Cloud appears over the clearing in the woods and speaks to all members of the party an says;

" Odin the All father and Anu the All father have come to an agreement. Horik and his men are to be watched and protected until they fulfill their destiny. Know this Fenris, We are watching. Look for the signs and you will see crows and storm clouds whenever you doubt our message. Maglubiyet cannot harm any of you as long as we are present. He is but an ant in a larger game. He thinks that he can move game pieces into his favor but he is mistaken. Go now with our blessing and complee your mission.

Delwin Orcsbane, You are chosen to watch over our men. Your clan was spared for this very reason and this reason alone. know that it was Odin and Anu that gave your clan the edge they needed and to win and not Moridain upon the field of that epic battle that took place. You and your clan where spared to help Clan Volsung reach there potential. This mission to kill the Goblin king has been ordained from the beginning of time. You where meant to aid Horik become the king of the Viking kings from the beginning of time. This does not mean that your life holds no value but you have always been and will always be a pan in the game of the gods. now your place and play your part well as you should and Moridain will fulfill your every wish as his goals coincide with our own.
"that is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons death may die"

-H.P. Lovecraft

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#63 Post by Scott308 »

Bilit, Atlantean witch

The witch is clearly shaken by the events that transpired recently. I...I don't know what happened! I have never had a god appear before- usually the spirit of a past soul is interested in talking to the living. Nothing like this! Tentacles! I...I... Bilit sighs and shakes her head. Realizing she is still naked, she covers herself with her hands and looks for her clothes, putting them back on when she locates them.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#64 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horik "Well it would appear both our clans have been god inspired and blessed by the gods onward. You can redress if you wish witch. It matters not to me either way."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Inferno »

Morag Mac Tharn, pict savage:

When Odin and Anu spoke to the Vikings, Morag released Bilit's upper arm and fell to one knee. He placed his holy spear on the ground before him, held his open hands above it, bowed and cast his eyes to the ground in respect of these mighty powers.

Afterward, the barbarian slowly rose, took up his spear again, and nodded in solemn reverence to his tribal chieftain, chosen by the gods and destined for great purpose. There was nothing the primitive wouldn't do for Horik now.

Morag nodded deferentially to Fenris the Priest as well. Then he offered his wolfskin cloak to Bilit until she found her clothes.

The proud pict savage walked even taller than before. Their efforts were blessed by the gods themselves.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by Dogma »

Torvald, Norseman berserker

"So we'are attacking a city full of goblins, but we do have the gods on our side, so we have that going for us, which is nice."comments Torvald, though he is not so sure that being the chosen of the gods is such a good thing. The gods tend to be fickle, giving their graces wtih one hand while cursing with the other.

Scott308

#67 Post by Scott308 »

Bilit, Atlantean witch

Bilit notices Fenris is not doing well at the moment. She walks over to him, placing her hands upon him. She says a few words, casting both Heal Affliction and Regenerate.

This should help you feel better, she says.
Regenerate: [1d6r3] = 4

Fenris will regain 1 hp per round for four rounds.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#68 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR

As the gods possession of Fenris fades, He sits on his knees slumped over in the grove. Smoke or steam appears to cling to his body and gently roils away from him. (Much link Arnold in the beginning of T2, only Fenris is not naked). After a few moments Bilit walks over to him and attempts to heal him. A moment later Fenris rises from the ground and staggers a bit trying to walk back to the group. Fenris has no idea what has happened to himself. He feels groggy and tired. King Horik is the first to notice the change to Fenris's face, And he gasps. Fenris is now fully bald and has a full face tattoo.

Fenris is now a Messenger of the Gods of Old.
With this comes some pluses and some minuses

PLUSES:
Your Tattoo grants the ability to see invisible creatures
To switch from normal vision to infravision as desired
Permanent Non-Detection spell
And lastly the Innate ability to cast Pass with out a trace once per day at 15th LVL ability.

MINUSES:
You have a permanent Tattoo covering your entire face that labels you as a Messenger of the old gods.
You are now a conduit to an ancient power that will take autonomous control of you from time to time.
You are now linked to Bilit's fate and destiny, You can see Spirits when she summons them for what they truly are. ( could be a plus but could be a minus )

-H.P. Lovecraft

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by Synthalus »

Bilit now feels that her soul is entwined with Fenris's soul. They are now bound together by a higher power. She cannot explain why she feels this way but she just knows that it is true. Her fate and the fate of fenris are now as one. She must keep him alive at all costs and he must keep her alive at all costs.

-H.P. Lovecraft

GreyWolfVT

#70 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horik "A divine marking now covers your face Fenris. You must be a messenger to the gods! You are blessed my friend." he pats Fenris on the shoulder.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Scott308

#71 Post by Scott308 »

Bilit, Atlantean witch

Bilit tilts her head as she looks at Fenris, curiously. I feel...connected to you. I can't explain, but I feel that if one of us dies, the other shall die as well.

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by Synthalus »

Delwin Orcsbane

" Well it is nearing night should we make camp or continue onwards. I still have some pep in me step. This hobgoblin patrol will be missed, but not for at least a day. If we sally forth under the cover of night now we may be able to slip into the goblin city undetected. What say you?

-H.P. Lovecraft

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Inferno »

The primitive squinted in disbelieving astonishment at the Mark of the Gods left on Fenris' proud visage.

Given this omen, and the events of the last hour, Morag was for pressing on to the Goblin City now, emboldened by the divine blessings of Odin and Anu.
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT

#74 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horik "Aye! Onwards!"

Scott308

#75 Post by Scott308 »

Bilit, Atlantean witch

The gods said to go now, with their blessing. I do not wish to tarry if the gods decree we should set out immediately. If we delay, we might lose their blessing and ruin would then fall upon us all.

zero4306
Strider
Strider

#76 Post by zero4306 »

To Bilit

I thank you for your aid. I do feel strange, though I cannot explain it. I, too, feel that our fates have become intertwined, so let us have each others backs.

To Horik

It would seem the gods have indeed blessed our journey in this land, even though I feel as if I lost a drinking match to our dwarven comrades. To the matter at hand, this would be a prime opportunity to strike that we should not waste, though we must do so swiftly and tactically.
"Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster. And if you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you," - Friedrich Nietzche

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#77 Post by Dogma »

Torvald, Nortamn Berserker

Torvlad eyes the markings on Fenris' face. The northman had always though it better not to draw the attention of the gods, as they seem quite fickle in their attentions, but iofr now he keeps quiet.

"To the city so that we may finish this quest."

GreyWolfVT

#78 Post by GreyWolfVT »

zero4306 wrote:To Bilit

I thank you for your aid. I do feel strange, though I cannot explain it. I, too, feel that our fates have become intertwined, so let us have each others backs.

To Horik

It would seem the gods have indeed blessed our journey in this land, even though I feel as if I lost a drinking match to our dwarven comrades. To the matter at hand, this would be a prime opportunity to strike that we should not waste, though we must do so swiftly and tactically.
Horik "I do not disagree with your assessment of our situation."

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#79 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR

The party moves quickly thru the night down into the small valley where the goblin city lay. Its torch fires easily seen from the small wooded area that they had encountered the hobgoblin patrol. Along their journey the party deftly avoided being detected by three more such patrols, until finally they reached the outer wall of the city. The walls ere only 25' high and the party easily climbed over it undetected using grappling hooks and rope. Once over the wall and inside the goblin city, the party found themselves in a place out of a dream. The streets were crammed full of small medieval style houses and shops. Not what any of them expected. Torches lit the streets in miniature sconces that lined the sides of houses. The party moved into a dark alley to collect their thoughts and formulate a plan. They would need to somehow traverse the streets of the goblin city to the keep at its center without being caught, then slip into the keep, find the goblin king and slay him.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Inferno »

As they crept into the strange Goblin City, Morag pulled up the hood of his wolfskin cloak, to make himself darker.
Morag Hood.jpg
Morag Hood.jpg (38.73 KiB) Viewed 1140 times
Synthalus wrote: The party moved into a dark alley to collect their thoughts and formulate a plan. They would need to somehow traverse the streets of the goblin city to the keep at its center without being caught...
The stone-age barbarian was a man of few words. He looked to the others and said: "Alleys? Sewers? Rooftops?"
DM:

Player: