The Recreation Room (OOC)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Recreation Room (OOC)

#481 Post by rredmond »

How many suits can Endilev carry?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#482 Post by Starbeard »

I can't recall if I made a ruling on that yet, but I'll say now that you can carry one without encumbrance, two at half movement, and all three at 1/3 movement.

As long as you aren't interrupted, it will take you 2 minutes (or 4, or 6) to return to the reactor chamber.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#483 Post by Inferno »

Hey Star,
Nadix' MN is no longer 14. He was injured in the accident with the Slaver helmet.

I don't think it alters the outcome of the last turn.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#484 Post by rredmond »

Captain Kinkajou wrote:ooc: I feel it would be reckless of me not to make clear that, despite our haste, we are doing the whole tossing something into the motion-triggered laser security room before running through it ;) Hopefully, any pursuing crystallavians won't.
I keep forgetting about those dang motion sensors. Ugh, thanks!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#485 Post by Starbeard »

Inferno wrote:Hey Star,
Nadix' MN is no longer 14. He was injured in the accident with the Slaver helmet.

I don't think it alters the outcome of the last turn.
Dagnabbit, you're right. That's what I get for checking the PC sheets and not the record at the bottom of my own post. :roll:

The outcome is still the same, of course. Remember that anyone can be the primary roller, all others boosting the primary's MN +1 for the roll. Being inside a Slaver environmental suit makes it a 4d6 roll ≥ MN; unprotected, you are rolling 3d6. I'm sure an enterprising player could run the probabilities there to determine the best chances of success.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#486 Post by Starbeard »

rredmond wrote:
Captain Kinkajou wrote:ooc: I feel it would be reckless of me not to make clear that, despite our haste, we are doing the whole tossing something into the motion-triggered laser security room before running through it ;) Hopefully, any pursuing crystallavians won't.
I keep forgetting about those dang motion sensors. Ugh, thanks!
Yeah, once a sure-fire workaround was devised, I've been assuming that procedure each time you need to pass through. The hologram of the Slaver continues to cavort and shout at each passing, and you must wait a minute before you pass through again.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#487 Post by DadsAngry »

Does it take two people to replace the coils?
If only one person is needed, can the task be completed in time?

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#488 Post by Inferno »

And Star, theoretically speaking, how many minutes would it take for Doc to leave the chamber, take off the suit, Chowdhury or Endilev to suit up and enter the chamber? Thanks.
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#489 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Inferno wrote:And Star, theoretically speaking, how many minutes would it take for Doc to leave the chamber, take off the suit, Chowdhury or Endilev to suit up and enter the chamber? Thanks.
Not that I want to shoot holes in this plan but, in a kind of "It's worse than that, he's dead Jim" fashion, I'd taken from what Starbeard had written that the suits were deteriorating, Ryerson's to the point where it was no longer offering him sufficient protection. Obviously, that would mean that putting it on to enter the chamber would be somewhat pointless. Am I wrong about this Starbeard?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#490 Post by rredmond »

Bruce had a good idea going back for another suit.
Just checking, how long would that take, and we'd have to face the crystal bats again?

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#491 Post by Starbeard »

DadsAngry wrote:Does it take two people to replace the coils?
If only one person is needed, can the task be completed in time?
Only one person is needed, but everyone else can pitch in, effectively adding +1 to the main roller's Mentality stat for the roll.

Each attempt, successful or not, takes 1 minute. You only need 2 more successes to replace the coils fully, then the reactor can be shut down without risk and negating the self-destruct mechanism.

You definitely have enough time to do it before the countdown ends; the real question is whether you can do it before you all die of radiation!
Inferno wrote:And Star, theoretically speaking, how many minutes would it take for Doc to leave the chamber, take off the suit, Chowdhury or Endilev to suit up and enter the chamber? Thanks.
All of that can be done in one minute.
Captain Kinkajou wrote:Not that I want to shoot holes in this plan but, in a kind of "It's worse than that, he's dead Jim" fashion, I'd taken from what Starbeard had written that the suits were deteriorating, Ryerson's to the point where it was no longer offering him sufficient protection. Obviously, that would mean that putting it on to enter the chamber would be somewhat pointless. Am I wrong about this Starbeard?
That's correct.
rredmond wrote:Bruce had a good idea going back for another suit.
Just checking, how long would that take, and we'd have to face the crystal bats again?
Yes, there is also one suit remaining in Room G above. Assuming no other distractions, it takes 2 minutes to get over there and 2 minutes to get back. Chowdhury and Endilev locked the birds into the room, and Nadix can clearly see them still trying to get out, but it looks like they might tear through the door any minute.

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#492 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

I thought I'd just flag here specifically that I was holding off replying because, though there has been more discussion in the OOC thread, the last thing in the In-Game thread is Chowhury's question, which still holds. Basically, though I pretty much know what we're going to be doing, I was waiting on Endilev's response before stating an action.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#493 Post by rredmond »

Hmm, I think I was waiting to see what DA wanted to do. If the doctor doesn't come out, then we don't need the suit.
And I'm not sure we have 4+ minutes... but, unless the doctor himself will need medical attention, going back is better than waiting around. Except for those crystalline birds.

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#494 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Yeah, like you, I wasn't sure we had the time but I was feeling we're not doing much by standing here watching the others. So, we might as well go for the other suit, just in case it ends up being a life saver. The only issue with that being, it means we have to face the crystallavians again, which I would have preferred to avoid.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#495 Post by Inferno »

Captain Kinkajou wrote:The only issue with that being, it means we have to face the crystallavians again, which I would have preferred to avoid.
But they generate such awesome prose!...
The birds shriek with the sound of a hundred shattered windows
the birds are still chasing after him, slavering for his human flesh!
...exploding the bird into a shivered cloud of crystal! Millions of crystalline splinters rain down on both Chowdhury and Endilev—though luckily their distance and relative cover renders them safe from death by a million cuts.
one or both of the birds emit a threatening chirp or coo, like geodes being scraped against a spinner blade sharpener.
Go, Starbeard!
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#497 Post by rredmond »

:lol:

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#498 Post by rredmond »

Chowdhury has the best internal monologues!

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#500 Post by Starbeard »

Too bad you were lucky and the birds flew off. You still have time to chase them down the corridor if you like! :)

Return to “Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier”