The Recreation Room (OOC)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Recreation Room (OOC)

#501 Post by rredmond »

Ummm, no. I think we'll pass. ;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#502 Post by Inferno »

Starbeard wrote: Inferno: please confirm whether Nadix continues working for 1 or 2 turns, or waits in safety for the others get back with the suit.
2 turns.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#503 Post by Starbeard »

Great game, guys! I hope you had as much fun with it as I did.

I have to admit, I was all prepared to write a touching ending with Nadix dying in the reactor, but that lucky roll of 2 hits when he had 3 hits left also makes a great story. Maybe his corporeal being will succumb to the pressures of his new reality, or perhaps he will eventually ascend into a Star Child (or Anti-Star Child?).

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#504 Post by rredmond »

That was great fun Sean! I have to ask, now that we are done, was this an adventure of your own making, based on a module, or one of the cartoon episodes. I know the Original Series pretty well, but I'm definitely weak on the cartoon. I assumed you didn't delve into TNG or anything after for your ideas. ;)
Thank you for an enjoyable game, is this a forever-cut, or is there a next season?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#505 Post by Inferno »

Starbeard wrote:I have to admit, I was all prepared to write a touching ending with Nadix dying in the reactor, but that lucky roll of 2 hits when he had 3 hits left also makes a great story. Maybe his corporeal being will succumb to the pressures of his new reality, or perhaps he will eventually ascend into a Star Child (or Anti-Star Child?).
Ha. Well if I can't be Spock from Wrath of Khan, then Gary Mitchell from Where No Man Has Gone Before is the next best thing. :lol:

Congrats, Starbeard and thanks for running this. I had a blast! You did an awesome job. I really enjoyed the multilayered adventure and the 1960s TV series flavor you expertly worked into everything. Bravo!

Kudos too to my fellow crew members. I loved your characterizations and was smiling when I read that Chowdhury got promoted from red shirt to Lt.! Thanks everyone for the great game!
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#506 Post by rredmond »

I think he's still got the red shirt though. ;)

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#507 Post by DadsAngry »

Thank you Starbeard and my fellow crewmates for this four-year mission (Mar 2015 - July 2019) to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#509 Post by Starbeard »

It was a lot of fun. Slow and steady, but at least we did finish in the end, and we even got through everything I had set up for the adventure, minus one small red herring adventure site in the jungle.

The adventure was half mine. The Slaver Outpost itself is adapted from the "Advanced Game Scenario" sample in the Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier rulebook, but the rest of it was my own invention. The scenario as it is has you starting right outside, just after some Klingons get there, and your orders are to get rid of the alien menace by means of a basic dungeon crawl.

The rest of it, including the reactor element, were from my own imagination, using Bjo Trimble's Star Trek Concordance and Franz Joseph's Star Fleet Technical Manual as setting guides. If you love classic Trek and don't have these, you need them, both of the original editions can be picked up on Amazon for pennies. As long as you have these two books as your campaign guides, you can turn any ruleset you want into a convincing TOS game.

I also used the Star Trek Writers Guide that was made after the first season. It turned out to be a good resource for writing the basic adventure premise.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#510 Post by rredmond »

Again, great game!! I wanted to share this real neat fillable character sheet with you all.

https://polyhedralnonsense.com/2021/01/ ... -trek-rpg/

Made me remember this oh-so-fun game. Be well everyone!!!

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#511 Post by Starbeard »

Hey, that's cool! Thanks for sharing that, I've nabbed the sheet. It's look oh so sweet, and could come in handy.

Be well, Ron!

Return to “Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier”