Chp. 7 - Intrigue in the Court of Chaos

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chp. 7 - Intrigue in the Court of Chaos

#441 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Gagel stares at his arm in amusement, he wiggles it and laughs like a little kid with keys jingling in front of him. He goes around to the group and shows it almost pridefully and laughs harder, "Look! Look!", he repeats over and over again
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#442 Post by AleBelly »

After seeing his pal Fingal still alive, Wulfhart tries to cheer him up. "Sure, the burns are bad. But at least the scars can't make you any uglier!"

Wulfhart will sit for awhile to see if the inked curses fade after the "death" of the ink monster.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#443 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion, the gray ink, moves himself (he is, after all a puddle of ink) as if he shakes his head. He spells out on the ground, Oh, it will take time to recover. I can't seem to blot out those images, nor brush them aside. At least I didn't die, but I'm afraid this sentence will draw me out for some time.
Is Asherrion permanently insane or is he now recovering? I'm not sure I can keep up the ink puns... :)
updated to account for the fact that he is still a puddle. :)
Last edited by greyarea on Sat May 30, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#444 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Wrenly the Brown, MU

Expecting an immediate return to normal as the blot expires, Wrenly unconsciously holds his breath, then let's it out slowly as he realizes... he's still a drawing. He makes a mental note to check out how good a job he did drawing his face the next time he encounters a mirrored surface. He hopes its not too creepy... He guesses being a drawing is better than being dead...

"Perhaps with some rest our condition will wane?" he suggests. "note to self: prepare two offensive spells at earliest convenience..."

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#445 Post by Inferno »

Sleestak, lizardman shaman:

Even the ancient reptile had to admit that the humankin fought bravely... eventually. It was the least they could do given their greed and powerlust released the horror in the first place. The medicine man knew these mercenaries weren't here to cleanse the evil from this unholy place, but merely to rob it.

But it was also clear now that Sleestak couldn't prevail in his visionquest alone. As much as it pained his wisdom and his pride, he needed to ally with these foolhardy fortune hunters. Sleestak still longed to have words with his lizard brother. He had many questions.

But first the skull-masked shaman rasped to the company in that strange, alien tongue Men called Common: "Humankin, if you know a safe place to rest, I can attempt to cure us. I don't know if I will succeed. But I will try."
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#446 Post by Pulpatoon »

Porphyry leaps back from the puddle of ink as it begins to move, fearing a fresh attack. Noticing the words forming, he says, "I do believe this is Asherrion. He has the worst luck in maintaining phenotype, doesn't he? From elf to grey-skinned melon head, to ink puddle, to pun-riddled sentence. If anyone has any blotter paper on them, we should probably just put him out of his misery. The next step down the ladder is a limerick, I believe."
Last edited by Pulpatoon on Sun May 31, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#447 Post by doughx99 »

Niles unable to move or speak is unsure what to do thinks to himself ( someone carry me out of here)

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#448 Post by saalaria »

Swilbosh too is struggling, he shakes his head, rubs his eyes.

"Doessss nothing clear thissss madnesss? You all look sssstranger than normal!"

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#449 Post by Hotgoblin »

Groyn speaks up...If one of yous can help get me britches off, we can soak Asherion up with me skivvies !!! Bene could roll in his puddle too! Or ain't those good ideas? Alls I know is that we need to get outta here!!!

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#450 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion pools and then writes 978-0060724276, Image then bobs, appearing to look at your expectedly.

Hotgoblin

#451 Post by Hotgoblin »

Groyn gets close the puddle that is Asherion and says...I'm ok, you're ok. Is that correct? What say yous?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#452 Post by Grognardsw »

The adventurers are relieved to be alive, even if blackened or in other states of existence. They wonder if the ink monster's effects are permanent. There are two exits from this great hall, in the northeast and northwest corners of the room.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#453 Post by OGRE MAGE »

While the entire party licks their wounds, Fingal retrieves two sacks and some cordage from his pack. He pulls the sacks over his precious but badly burned magic boots, tying them in several places in hopes that it will keep them from falling apart any further.

I don't suppose any of you two dimensional spell casters would have a spell to mend these would ya?

Fingal then proceeds to the intersection and checks for traps in both directions.

Any preference as to which direction?

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#454 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Wrenly the Brown, MU
OGRE MAGE wrote:I don't suppose any of you two dimensional spell casters would have a spell to mend these would ya?
"Ahem!... I could Identify them for you if you like. I beg your pardon, sir, but I seem to have miscalculated in my spell preparation for today... it appears I have underestimated the degree of peril. Incidentally, I have heard of a sort of Mending incantation, but I don't believe it is applicable to magical boots or magical items of any kind, for that matter. I shall look into it at the soonest opportunity." Wrenly smiles at Fingal in a way he deems friendly, but which probably comes across a bit creepy, given his hastily drawn, clownish leer.

"I propose we begin to the right. Or Northwest. However this is merely a gut feeling I have. As you all are a bit more experienced in this sort of thing, I leave it to you." With that, Wrenly has a good look at the altar, to try to determine if there is more to it than meets the eye. Not that he's particularly experienced in this sort of thing, either...

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#455 Post by Pulpatoon »

Porphyry: "Asherrion, you appear to have some control over your form. Are you mobile? What about the rest of you who have been... afflicted? It may well be that our best chance to curing any of you lot is delving further. The malfeasants who set that tome as watchdog to their lair must have had counter-magics in case their hound bit its masters."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#456 Post by AleBelly »

Seeing his pal Fingal in a dreadful state, Wulfhart silently moves to within 5' of him to protect him from a sudden attack while he checks for traps.

Still unable to believe his friends antics jumping into the pit, he mutters to himself "I've known bold thieves and old thieves, but no old bold thieves."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#457 Post by Grognardsw »

The adventurers discuss their bodily predicament. Sleestak the lizardman shaman offers healing to those injured while Fingal the Bold Thief secures his boots and inspects for traps in the two corridors exiting the room. Both seem safe and the party proceeds down the right (east) passageway. It proceeds 40' and ends with three doors: one east in front of the party, one in the north wall and one in the south wall.
Map

Last edited by Grognardsw on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#458 Post by saalaria »

Swilbosh looks to the thief, or at least in his direction.

"Will you check the doors too? Or want me to open one?"

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#459 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Gagel removes his ring and puts it back in his pocket, "I don't think they are trapped, with that monster protecting the entrance, the chances of surviving are slim"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#460 Post by OGRE MAGE »

AleBelly wrote:Seeing his pal Fingal in a dreadful state, Wulfhart silently moves to within 5' of him to protect him from a sudden attack while he checks for traps.

Still unable to believe his friends antics jumping into the pit, he mutters to himself "I've known bold thieves and old thieves, but no old bold thieves."
Fingal replies, Well, if ya didn't know any young, stupid thieves......you do now!
ChubbyPixie wrote: "Ahem!... I could Identify them for you if you like. I beg your pardon, sir, but I seem to have miscalculated in my spell preparation for today... it appears I have underestimated the degree of peril. Incidentally, I have heard of a sort of Mending incantation, but I don't believe it is applicable to magical boots or magical items of any kind, for that matter. I shall look into it at the soonest opportunity." Wrenly smiles at Fingal in a way he deems friendly, but which probably comes across a bit creepy, given his hastily drawn, clownish leer.
Thank you Wrenly, I would certainly appreciate anything you could do for them. I've grown rather attached to their power and would feel naked without them now. The thief can hardly look at the oddly smiling wizard without cracking a smirk.

He then proceeds to check the three doors for traps.

[1d100] = 12

Return to “The Keep on the Borderlands”