OOC Chat

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chat

#882 Post by Zhym »

I thought Andover was much lower for some reason, but I'll take the current HP total. ;)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#884 Post by Zhym »

My suggestion: if Andover can find a trail, we follow it. Otherwise, we should probably explore the current level some more and/or go back to see if we can exit the way we came in. There's no point pressing forward with our healers out of commission.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#885 Post by ChubbyPixie »

That sounds reasonable to me. The fact that we got no response to our calling to the voice makes me think it's some sort of mind trick. Perhaps perpetrated by a mind creature...???!!

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#886 Post by Grognardsw »

ChubbyPixie wrote:...we got no response to our calling to the voice...
ChubbyPixie wrote:"Hello?" says Wrenly around the lizardman's head. "Assistance? Perhaps we could arrive at some form of trade of goods and services? I'm quite skilled at incinerating things from a distance... if you have such a need..."
When the iris door was opened a few minutes later Swilbosh and Wrenly spoke but no one was there. No one has called further.
Grognardsw wrote:It takes but a minute for the adventurers to come to alertness at Swilbosh's urging. After another minute and with a grating of metal, the lizardman and dwarf force the broken door to iris open. They peer into the dimly lit hallway area where they see the chute. There are also three doors in the north wall and corridors leading west and south (see map.) Wrenly, from his mapping of this strange dungeon, realizes that this north chute chamber is symetrical to the south chute chamber in which the party entered this complex.

No humans can be seen but there is an echo of noise from down the chute... "this way now.."

Looking down the shaft, they see it extend downward into darkness for an indeterminate length. Swilbosh and Groyn had earlier climbed down to the next level below in pursuit of Gryev. What lies below that level they do not know, but it appears the alledged humans had surprisingly quickly descended to some level below and were now out-of-sight.

Map

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#887 Post by Inferno »

Was there a result from this?
Zhym wrote: The ranger has had trouble finding tracks in this place, but he searches anyway.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#888 Post by Zhym »

Grognardsw wrote:With a majority favoring the shaft, the party climbs down in their customary marching order. Porphyry leaves his zombie cat beast behind.
So, about this.

By my count, Andover, Wrenly, and Fingal wanted to stay on this level. Swibosh and Groyn wanted to follow the voices. Asherrion was willing to do either. Nobody else who retains his mind said anything. And we don't actually know where the voices went, so "following the voices" isn't so much of an option. And ChubbyPixie made an excellent point that voices that didn't respond (and seem to have left no heat signature) could have been a trick of the brain monster.

We have a clear majority against going to the metal doctors, but I thought we'd agreed that there's no point delving further with our clerics out of commission and had reached a plan to go back to the entrance or explore more on this level.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#889 Post by Inferno »

We know the voices went down the shaft. But since it seems we've lost them, Swil is fine with climbing back up.

Are we locking the mindless PCs in the iris room once we do start exploring again?
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#890 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The hole blown through the vines of certain death seems like a path we could follow.

There are a lot of players and even more characters in this game. Perhaps Grog is just trying to push the action along to avoid a stalemate?

I am actually up for anything at this point as long as it is productive.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#891 Post by Zhym »

IMO, our first priority should be to get our healers back in commission. Five Six of our PCs are at 7 HP or lower. IMO, it's silly to explore deeper when we're as injured as we are and none of our healers can heal.
Last edited by Zhym on Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#892 Post by Inferno »

I think all the healers are mindless.
It's been a while. Do we know if they will ever recover?
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#893 Post by Zhym »

They don't seem to have shown any signs of improvement after a full day of rest.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#894 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Maybe the medi-robots can help? :lol:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#895 Post by Zhym »

That's what Andover said! But everyone else seemed to think the medi-robots would just kill people.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#896 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dare I say we split into two separate groups? One could go back to the med bay to search for help if the others want to follow the voices? Or, is that exactly what "brainy" wants us to do? :twisted:

I tend to agree that our healers should get some attention before moving on.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#897 Post by Zhym »

No splitting the group! :)

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#898 Post by Grognardsw »

Zhym wrote:
Grognardsw wrote:With a majority favoring the shaft, the party climbs down in their customary marching order. Porphyry leaves his zombie cat beast behind.
So, about this.

By my count, Andover, Wrenly, and Fingal wanted to stay on this level. Swibosh and Groyn wanted to follow the voices. Asherrion was willing to do either. Nobody else who retains his mind said anything. And we don't actually know where the voices went, so "following the voices" isn't so much of an option. And ChubbyPixie made an excellent point that voices that didn't respond (and seem to have left no heat signature) could have been a trick of the brain monster.

We have a clear majority against going to the metal doctors, but I thought we'd agreed that there's no point delving further with our clerics out of commission and had reached a plan to go back to the entrance or explore more on this level.
I moved it along, counting for the unspoken characters.

The voice was heard as a distant echo down the chute, saying "...this way...". Assuming they are humans, they had 2 rounds of travel before the party exited their secure room. The chute is difficult to climb down, so the supposed human(s) must somehow have been fast. Swilbosh first heard a human say something else...

No one has yelled for them. Swilbosh and Wrenly's words earlier were normal level said in an emtpy room.

It is certainly possible the Intellect Devourer is messing with your heads. Or not. :twisted: :lol:

The healers have shown no signs of recovery.

You may recall the medical doctor and nurse androids were both destroyed. The medical bay was not searched given the circumstances. The worker robot and security robots remain out and about, not necessarily in the medical bay.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#900 Post by Grognardsw »

I think the Enlarge has run out.

Return to “The Keep on the Borderlands”