Chapter 7: King Under the Mountain

Inferno
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Chapter 7: King Under the Mountain

#81 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Not really sure what happened anymore, the crispy hobbit tries to hide his shame after doing absolutely nothing to aid his friends in killing the beast under the mountain. He slips out from his hiding place before the beast crushes him into his huge pile of treasure.

Treasure?

Oh yes, the treasure.

Folco isn't ashamed of pocketing a few shiny items to show the other Boffins once he returns to the shire again, if that is even possible anymore.

He looks around specifically for any larger gems that seem to hold the most value.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by wolfpack »

Collapsing to his knees in fornt of the dragon Elbenwin stares at his hand as the last of the meltedreminants of the one ring flow from it onto the ground.

Wearily he drasg himself up to smaugs eye and rams his sword to the hilt maing sure the beast is dead, then turns to his companions,

At last the legacy of Isuldur is complete, the ring and Sauron destroyed and now the time of man can truley begin. However this is not over, the armies of the east must still be dealt with and we must returbn to the west to see if the white tree still grows and once great Gondar can be rebuilt.

He stares off into the distance, weary, a piece of him empty from the pull of the ring.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#83 Post by Scott308 »

Glasik Ironfoot

If the party remains where they are for a few days, enabling Glasik to heal and regain consciousness:

Waking with a start, Glasik sits up, looking for Smaug. The dragon, what- he stops when recognition dawns on him. Smug is dead! The company faced a dragon and survived! Well, most of the company, anyway, as he sees the bodies of the fallen laid out on the stone floor.

Getting up, he finds his sister, wrapping her in a massive bear hug. Gilly girl, I'm so happy to see you! He in turn moves to each of the other survivors, giving them a hug, thanking them for all they have done and sacrificed to get to this point. Thank you, each and everyone of you. We could not have done what we have without everyone here. I am honored to call each of you my friend. No! Brother or sister, as the bonds forged in Dragon-fire are stronger than that of mere friendship, stronger even than blood. If any of you should ever have need of my assistance for anything, you need only ask and I will be there.

Now, there is something I need to do. If you wish to assist, that's fine, but I'm willing to take this task on alone. There must be stone-cutting tools somewhere, it is a dwarven hold, after all...

After finding the appropriate tools, Glasik will begin excavating tombs for each of the fallen Heroes, Red included. Therone, I hope you don't mind me honoring your people in this way, but I feel they deserve this rare honor for everything they did to reclaim this hold from the dragon and their ultimate sacrifice. It is incredibly rare for a non-dwarf to be buried like this, especially for elves, but if the honor has ever been deserved by someone more than your fallen brothers and sisters, I have never heard the tale told. These halls will be filled with the sounds of dwarves once again, and hundreds of years from now, I want everyone to know the part that Gilwennen, Naruthirdor, Rumil, Tinuwen, and, yes, Red, played in the battle against Smaug.

After interring each Hero, he will carve the following tribute to them. Here lies Gilwennen, Naruthirdor, Rumil, Tinuwen (elves) and Red (faithful hound), Heroes in the battle against the terible Dragon, Smaug. Without their sackrafice, the survivers could not have slaid the Dragon, and with that, ended the tearany of Sauron, freeing the land of his evil. They may be gone, but they should NEVER be fourgotten. If someone halfway intelligent offers to help with this, it will be spelled correctly. If left solely to the dwarf with an 8 INT, it will be spelled as written. :D
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Inferno »

And so, in the days and years that followed...

The Company rejoiced their triumph and mourned the passing of the victorious dead who, thanks to Glasik, would be remembered forever in Erebor; the only elves ever to be afforded such an honour.

The dragon-slayers were joyously reunited with Gandalf!

He seemed genuinely surprised that the quest could have possibly worked! But then, even the very wise cannot see all ends.

The Company learned the white wizard had been with Lord Aragorn, Lady Galadriel and Gwaihir the Wind Lord, desperately defending Lothlórien from the forces of Sauron led by seven Nazgul. All hope was lost when suddenly the Ring was consumed by Smaug's flames, and the Dark Lord's power was broken forever.

To the ringing of trumpets and bells, the Company stood in the restored glory of Minas Tirith, as honoured guests and heroes.

Aragorn was crowned King of the Reunited Kingdom beneath the blossoming of the white tree.

They saw the promise and the glory of Numenor restored. And so began the true Fourth Age of Middle-earth.

At last came the sad ending of the Company and each returned home carrying with them riches, renown and the blessings of Men, Elves and Dwarves.

Elbenarin and Elbenwin the dunedain became Lords and Captains of Gondor and Arnor!

Gilly and Glasik the dwarves became Lady and Lord of an Erebor reborn, under the true King Under the Mountain!

Therone the elf became Marchwarden and Lady of the Woodland Realm as the darkness left Greenwood the Great for all time!

Vindoboduoc the man returned home and became Chieftain of Dunland, forging a lasting peace between his people and those of Rohan, Gondor and Eriador!

And Folco Boffin topped them all. The most famous-est of hobbits was elected Mayor of the Shire for eight consecutive terms!

They each lived happily ever after to the end of their days.

Songs of their legend, and their fallen companions, were sung for ages after; of how together these unlikeliest of heroes destroyed Smaug, Sauron, and the Ring, saving Middle-earth for everyone forever.

DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun