Introduction: Let's All Get on Board

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Introduction: Let's All Get on Board

#201 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger

Drat it all, anyway! The Thief mutters under his breath. He intended to try to decipher what the young Man in the tree was shouting about when the nearest Zombie attacked an already hobbled old Man... That's just not nice! Looking up one last time, and keeping wary note of the abstaining Undead creature beyond, He quickly decides that a dose of actual heroism could be in order. Besides, he might get some reward! Stowing his sling and bullet in his left hand, his right draws the near perfect, shining short sword and has at the Zombie, nimbly, quietly and (Hopefully) from the rear!
To Hit: [1d20] = 11 Dmg: [1d6] = 2
+4 from behind and x2 damage not calculated, just in case.
Hey, you bag of walking rot! Leave the old fellow be! He casts a quick glance about, hoping to be seen doing daring deeds. Off with you, now! He shouts at the old Man, I'll handle this pile of puke! He fully intends to run when the old one is safely on his way.
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#202 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Hearing the newcomer barking orders from the steps of the building, Wes looks up and takes stock of the situation. The zombie in front of him is still ensnared, and should be for a good while longer; off to his left Brufrig and Chauncey seem to have the zombie he'd Faerie Fire'd a minute earlier contained.

Wes looks in the direction the stranger is pointing, seeing yet another zombie menacing the villagers. He takes a few steps back, focuses his mind and casts another Entangle spell at zombie 7: "Āmi ō'ikhānē phām̐dē phēlā jādu jādu!"
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#203 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

The dwarf gets back to his feet, hoping nobody saw him trip. Seeing the zombie still nearby, Brufrig grabs his halberd and tries to strike the zombie down. Z4
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen seeing the zombie fall, as quickly as he can, will follow Lightfinger to the next Zombie
Greys Campaign.
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#206 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey the Adequate

Seeing that Brufrig seems to have the zombie (Z4) well in hand, and anyway, afraid he'll accidentally sink a dart into the Dwarf's neck if he keeps It up, Chauncey leaves off throwing his projectiles. Behind him, he hears Wesley the Druid chanting his strange syllables and is intrigued. Truth be told, he'd never met a Druid personally before and had mentally grouped them with hoboes - nature tramps, if you will - but seeing this one up close in action got him thinking about the potential of plant based magic in a place such as this. He intends to research more into this area in future. "Well done, Wesley! You really must show me 'how it's done,' someday," he says.
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#207 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

Seeing the 'welcoming committee' of zombies' nearly done, the little gnome will load a bolt, pick his pack and enter the Hi-Lo building, guessing it is a sort of meeting hall, reception centre or place of the chief. If there is a little reception bell he will clang it (politely of course) and take a place on a nearby bench or seat.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#208 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

Seeing that the 'tree huggers' are just locals, possibly used to the frequent zombie raids and not directing any attacks at the newcomers off the ship, she will climb the ladder to the first floor. "Ah! first one to the bar I see, well does a lady get a welcoming drink?", looking back down the tree and at the continuing melees' she says, "bet a gold piece a zombie can bite the 1/2ling in the ass before he gets up here."
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by Inferno »

Jack, lost boy:

"why that no good, unfair, stinky, gross, mean, rotten, @#$%&*! grrr!"
After Quark's warning shot, Jack sulks all the way down from the rigging, angry at the injustice of it all. Scowling and pouting and grumbling some choice words he learned from Luther today, the lost boy finds another vantage on board the Fate from which to dispense more dead-eyed arrows against the forces of Evil (next round, I assume?).
Jack, the thwarted pirate:
Image Image

OM, if this is too anachronistic, let me know and I'll delete the images in this spoiler. :)
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#210 Post by Urson »

Luther

init. [1d10] = 10
attack [1d20] = 6

Luther begins moving towards the treehouse, but sees Z3 and changes direction to attack. Unfortunately missing.
FA FO
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#211 Post by Monsieur Rose »

"Bonnie"

Bonnie looks at the mess of brambles and vines wrapped around the zombie and the human, and sighs.
"It might be best to wait this out, just remember to keep an eye on that creature."
She pauses for a second, then resumes cutting.

Upon hearing the newcomer speak, she looks up and recognizes him.
"Ah. Mr. Nehru. Glad to see you again. I must say, I'm saddened that the welcoming committee wasn't rolled out when I came ashore. Such drama, such action, this is sure to inspire my muse."
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#212 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Grunts with effort but just can't break free no matter which way he strains or flexes. He looks up at the zombie figuring it must be held just as well and is repulsed by its appearance again. He instead looks first to confirm it is held fast and see if maybe there is anything particularly vulnerable about it or cause for alarm.

Turning then to Bonnie, always weak to a pretty face, "So.... Come here often?" The delightful idiot flashes a smile.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#213 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Freeday, 19th of Reaping, 1389
Midday

Dead Men Walking
Round 4

Jack senses that the captain means business this time so he reluctantly climbs out of the sails. Once on the deck again, he is immediately surrounded by the captain and crew, still holding their loaded crossbows. He is promptly ushered towards the dock platform. (forcefully if necessary) "Time to go now bratty little boy. Unless you would rather be tossed into the water?"

Monocar continues to struggle in the vines as the zombie flails at him just out of arms reach. He takes a good look at the creature and notices a few things. The body is very old and little is left of the creature that hasn't already rotted away. It looks to have been a tribal warrior when it was alive but it is difficult to judge just how long ago that was. Centuries perhaps. Wes stops poking and starts chanting again. Soon another patch of jungle comes to life a little further away from the first patch. The vines entangle another zombie along with two other island dwellers that were in engaged in combat with it.

In a rare spurt of heroism, the halfling rogue pulls out his blade and attacks a zombie from behind. The blow doesn't drop the monster, but it distracts it enough for the hobbled old man to reach out to touch it. He winks at Lightfinger when a shocking jolt pulses through his hand and fries the zombie where it stands, then moves off towards the next closest melee. Saracen and Luther arrive just in time to watch the hideous creature fall to the sand.

Raythan heads towards the Treehouse behind Krystal. The half-elf notices the she elf begin to climb the ladder and enter through the platform opening. The dark skinned man shouts out from the platform in broken common that there are still two monsters near the back of the shacks. The other two commoners just chuckle and point while they drink from their mugs.

Brufrig picks himself up and attacks, he is joined by two other fighters and the trio easily cut down the undead beast. Chauncey joins back up with Wes and they notice Ferris jog past them headed towards the larger building. The gnome moves around to the back to avoid the entangling vines. He finds a lone closed back door that appears tightly sealed with multiple locks.

Amidst the chaos and screams of the dying villagers, Bonnie waves hello to the now frantic Mr. Nehru, the man who she rented a shack from just two days earlier. He ignores her words of course, more intent on the safety of the townspeople. He begins rushing towards one zombie but stops short and stays put once he sees Wes's vegetation come alive.

The lone zombie at the trail seems to lose interest in watching the battle. He begins walking back up the large dirt trail that disappears into the thick foliage of the jungle. Other townsfolk take down the rest of the walking dead, leaving only the deserter and the two monsters still caught in the entangling vines to contend with.

Actions!
IMG_0797.JPG
IMG_0797.JPG (306.42 KiB) Viewed 498 times
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#215 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen breathes a sigh of relief as the battle seems to come to a conclusion. If he sees the watcher move off up the road he tries to set the location of the retreat in his head with some familiar markings/trees etc for later inspection.

Moving to the nearest local he will aid them to their feet if necessary and ask "What was going on here, where did these undead come from, and who sent them?"
Greys Campaign.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#216 Post by Spearmint »

Miss Tal

Eager to get her monies worth, Krystal leans over the balcony and shouts at the halfling Lightfinger, "hey, my brave hobbit friend, stop that creature fleeing or it will bring more undead reinforcements from the crypts, quick you may be our last hope tonight,", she calls pointing from the tree house towards the shuffling Z9, heading back up the trail.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#217 Post by Urson »

Luther

The big ranger sheatehs his sword and readies his bow, planning on shooting the 'fleeing' zombie on the trail
FA FO
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#218 Post by Scott308 »

Brufrig Granitesunder

Seeing that Monocar has others nearby to assist him, Brufrig will head north and attempt to dispatch the other entangled zombie (Z7). Keeping just outside the entanglement area, the dwarf attempts to remove its head with his halberd.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#219 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes realizes that it's time to finish off the zombie. He calls out to the others nearby "Get ready to kill this thing! I'm going to release it!". With a quick gesture, he cancels the magic holding the zombie at bay, and lunges at the shambling horror with his spear.
Spear [1d20] = 13; S/M [1d6] = 2; L [1d8] = 1

Edited because I originally pasted the result, not the link to the macro
Last edited by Jernau35 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#220 Post by Inferno »

Jack, lost boy:
OGRE MAGE wrote: Once on the deck again, he is immediately surrounded by the captain and crew, still holding their loaded crossbows. He is promptly ushered towards the dock platform. (forcefully if necessary)
"What?! You would feed an innocent child to the zombies?!?" Jack yells from the top of his little lungs.

When his hosts are unmoved by this display, he hightails it out of there, racing down the dock, readying to battle relentless creeping marauders of insensate evil, and getting off more spectacular hip shots. (next round, I assume?) ;)
Jack:

Grownups know nothing about creeping marauders!
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun