Around the Gaming Table (OOC Stuff)

Ithril
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Around the Gaming Table (OOC Stuff)

#41 Post by Ithril »

We are within 16 days of when I plan on posting the first information for 'Scenario 0' where all the characters meet, and having the game world of Evisath go live, 10/28.

I would really appreciate if most of the character backgrounds and information are composed before 10/26. This will allow a couple days for any needed adjustments for your character to fit in the world of Evisath.
To that end, need you to let me know what you need that will simplify completing your characters.
I will be working on a small number of encounters, and a map of the encounter areas for 'Scenario 0', and aside from those few projects, I can work with each/any of you who need specific information to complete your character backgrounds.

I need to know what you need. Also, you are all welcome to send me a dm about anything.

Thank you all very much for your participation!

I
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Rex »

It may not be until after work tonight (I work 2nd shift and can't post from work so it will be late), but I am going to try and modify the Heath Guard kit into a shield maiden kit and see what you think. If that works I will tweak her to fit. I will need where she would be from, where she is currently, a group of deities that would be appropriately sort of Norse if there are any. In the real world the Norse didn't worship individual Gods but the entire pantheon, paying tribute or requesting favors of each Diety as appropriate, so that is how I intend to play her. She is NG, and will have a Norse/Celt style honor code, sort of like the Larl from some of HarnWorld's Ivinians.
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#43 Post by Ithril »

Rex wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:11 pm I will need where she would be from, where she is currently, a group of deities that would be appropriately sort of Norse if there are any. In the real world the Norse didn't worship individual Gods but the entire pantheon, paying tribute or requesting favors of each Diety as appropriate
Her homeland will be called Vahurthane.
I can dm you a list of potential villages/towns, or you can go here and pick one.
Where she is currently as of this precise moment... Probably on a cargo ship,or if that has already docked, a caravan headed to the location of "Scenario 0" (somewhere in central Stomanell) with a load of local merchandise which will hopefully be fairly exotic and more valuable in the foreign land she's traveling to/through right now.
Whether she is with family, or hired in with the crew is up to your preference.

How do you want me to give you this list of deities? There will be correlations between her pantheon, and other deities of Evisath. I may not have an entire list, and it may take time to develop the whole pantheon. Names of major deities may change as well.

I
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by ravenn4544 »

For background development, is it safe to assume that we can use any area of the map you provided as a basis for our history?
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by Ithril »

With reasonable exceptions.
Humans (and halflings) will come from lands occupied mostly by humans, so the areas inhabited by elves and dwarves are going to be restrictive. There are some elves and dwarves among the humans, but they are unusual. Most will come from the areas indicated for them (Ancalen, and Halturuhm). I have noted that Youlgraeve and Bredon will be rejected. Most other places would be fine. If you would prefer a smaller village that is not shown on the map, a village or settlement, I can provide names appropriate to the particular province.

Also, if any of you do Discord, I am available on there whenever I'm not working. You can probably most easily find me in Shad's channel.

I
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rex »

If you want I am fine stealing Sarajin from HarnWorld as a good choice for a Vikingish deity. I am familiar with him and can post any details you would need, this could save you some time. In HarnWorld he is the only Diety the Vikings (Ivinian's in HW) worship with a bunch of Handmaidens and demi-gods that serve him.
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by Ithril »

Sounds fantastic. I'm sure we can 'buff out' any discrepancies we would need to for a smooth fit later. Please post the relevant link or information.Were she a cleric, it may be a different story, but this sounds good. I've been looking for a good naming convention for the gods & pantheon, but I haven't found anything I like.

I
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rex »

Busy day so will get more up later in the week. Here is a some info.
Sarajin 1.PNG
Sarajin 1.PNG (20.53 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Info on the code Sarajin's followers try to follow, The Ljarl:

https://www.lythia.com/hrt/sarajin/ljarlic_primer.html

Note the section on Shield Maidens.

My book on religion is a hard copy, I don't have the PDF so will need to spend a bit of time pulling together some more but will get to.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Rex »

Sarajin 2.PNG
Sarajin 2.PNG (33.11 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Modric
Guide
Guide

#50 Post by Modric »

Ithril,

Since Gods are important in the game, I'm thinking of playing a priest. Possibly a cleric of a Justice/Revenge god or possibly a god of thieves. How much are specialty priests going to deviate from the standard cleric class? I'm looking at the kits in the Complete Guide to Priests. Thx.
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#51 Post by Ithril »

Well, we already have a paladin who will be working under a god base on a Pelor type of template. If that will work, I'll start developing those details.

I
Modric
Guide
Guide

#52 Post by Modric »

Pelor, god of summer & sun? I was thinking more like Hoar.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Hoar
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#53 Post by Ithril »

WooOOOoooh...

I understand now.
Let me work on that, and I'll see what I can come up with WE will work together to come up with something. I'm in the middle of designing 'Scenario 0' right now, so I'll probably not get to it until this weeekend.

I
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rex »

I am heading into the woods for some much needed camping/hunting. This will be through the 25th and every weekend through mid-December. I will update as more weekdays get added later on. I may be able to check in once or twice depending on how things go but don't count on it. Feel free to NPC my character so I don't slow things down.
Thanks and good gaming,
Rex
Modric
Guide
Guide

#55 Post by Modric »

Sounds good. I have some concepts as well if you want my input! :D
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by Ithril »

@Rex; Have a great time. Check in if/as you can. You should be back in plenty of time for the game. I'll see what we can do to anticipate possible activities so you can give me some guidelines maybe. Have a great time!

@Everyone; I'll be working on the deities, pantheons, and everything else about them this weekend, and hopefully will have something working soon. Plenty of time to work with each of you to find a way to fit what you want into what I'm doing.

I have made an entry explaining coinage in the 'Atlas'. For now we will assume all the coinage you still have is in standard Stomanell coins, and you can leave it as 'gp, sp, etc.'

I
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by Ithril »

For @Bluetongue, and @Darithe:
I have posted a basic summary of Paldon, Primary of Kevisath (my incomplete conversion of Pelor) here.

@Modric:
Here would be my take on a god like your Hoar. Let me know what you think.

Please browse and advise if this is reasonable, or if there are any other details you need.
More are on the way.

I
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by Bluetongue »

For myself as Harker the paladin, I want to keep things just simple. Are his actions pro law & order vs chaos, good vs evil, righteous and chivalrous vs dishonour? etc. He will do devotions and tithe as per his class notes.

However I have to confess some reservations with straying too far from the basics into utilising rulebooks we don't all have access too. For example now your clerics have extra boosts and can wield bladed weapons, it basically nerfs a fighter unless you then post 'the complete warrior' books and 'the complete rogue', the complete wizard'.

I am not sure now where a paladin fits in.

I do appreciate all the effort at backstory and world building.
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by Ithril »

If you feel the additional abilities for clerics is a bit too much, I can trim that back a bit, but some npc clerics won't be quite btb. Of course the standards for Harker's character, as you mentioned are proper. I need to write more about how the different (religions/faiths/cults) exist and co-exist in this world.

All the 2nd ed. books are available online, see this post.

I
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#60 Post by Darithe »

Perhaps I am misreading the rules, which is certainly possible as I have limited experience with 2nd Edition, but are your details for the deities (at least the special powers granted) not restricted to only specialty priests? I had thought clerics and specialty priests were two separate classes and that the cleric was a generic militant (mainly defensive) adventuring arm of the priesthood and thus limited to the by the book cleric class powers. I see the paladin and cleric as very different aspects of their deities and never saw her as wielding a blade.

Return to “Dooms of Evisath (2e)”