#41 Post by Gynsburghe »

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 3

#42 Post by rredmond »

9:48 pm
The Kitchens

Ogre scared, orcs calming, orc 1 (the biggest one) looks downright friendly toward Jack.

Jack whispers to the others that Ogres are down the hallway that exits the south wall of the southern kitchen room. Then as he pulls the hood of his elven cloak tight, he asks for translation help from the dwarf. Arnar as he runs north, and goes invisible, nods at the child's request and shouts, in orcish, "Ogres are coming! Fight them with us and earn your freedom!" As Jack indicates the southern hallway, the orcs, led by the urging of the big one, nod in frightened but grim faced agreement and most head to the entrance of the hall - picking up what kitchen utensils they can lift as they go.

Ethwig presses the attack on the surviving Ogre, the blow of his mace coinciding with the stab of Herzog's spear. The fear in the eyes of the ogre dulls as his life leaves him.

Elam moves to the opening of the southern hallway. He blends into the shadows and prepares his club for a backstab.

The ranger finds himself facing two giantesses and three ogres with only his trusty blink dog Rose. With two mighty swipes of his sword he is able to fell the giantess in front of him! Rose, unfortunately isn't so lucky. He's worries a bit before deciding to laugh at the odds, but luckily he here's the pad of dwarven footsteps coming to his aid, and almost feels the whoosh of a hammer as it crushes the head of the southernmost ogre ("C") sending it hard to the ground with caved in skull. The counter attacks from the last giantess and the only ogre able to melee (as the other ogre moves up) are pitiful, barely worth mentioning both rolled a three :roll:.

Nessa continues to guard the very open eastern doorway, and now she can hear the sounds of the party. It is still going on and nothing seems amiss from that quarter.

Meanwhile Jack moves the stone of silence to the southern hallway entrance, and throws it over the heads of the orcs, momentarily throwing them off, but making Elam smile - his job all the more easier. Unfortunately now the ogrish sounding voices down the hall cannot be heard, nor any movement as a wall of silence has been created. But the orcs seemed determined to push through.

Please state your actions and make any corresponding rolls that may be needed. I'm having an issues getting a map up, I'll try again in a bit.

Below is the standard Marching Order:
--Sugarlump-- resting in important guests room down by where ogrish voices were heard
Phaeus -- Rosebud
--Arnor--
Ethwig -- Herzog
Sprites (inv/flying) -- Jack
Elam -- Nessa
TeddyB -- TBear waiting outside
There is a 15' silence sling bullet in the southern hallway.

Please let me know if there are any questions by posting in the "Questions for the DM" thread or let me know if I've missed anything.

Keeping these roles for when they are needed :D
max_vale wrote:If a 'Hide in Shadows' or 'Move Silently' roll is needed; Elam's stats are: HS: 61%; MS: 75%
If an attack roll is needed; 1d20+4 for Backstab: [1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24 YEAH!

Damage: [1d6] = 6 x4 damage is 24! YAHOO!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Stirling »

Phaeus

The ranger is grateful for the accuracy of dwarven hammer throwing, hitting the ogre like an anvil. His back covered he presses to attack the last giantess. The tall ugly crone, had no redeeming feminine nature. She would feast on his flesh for sure and make delicacy's of humankind. Phaeus wondered as he fought in the kitchen what barbarous dishes they prepared. "feast on this,"Phaeus called as PI glowed soft blue than ran red with blood

One attack: to hit = 13 ( hits AC 6). Dam = 37 (2d12 Max+13).

Rosebud

The blink dog instantly shifts ground, attack the giant also and tears at her legs from behind.

One bite attack: d20 = 11, dam = 6

I know Redmond you have me that stats for PI, it seems a lot of damage. Are we sure it is always Max dam doubled vs giants not just double damage...2d12?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#44 Post by Alethan »

so no attack by Arnar is possible?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by max_vale »

OOC: Elam will wait until Ogres/Giants or non-orcs appear around the corner.....once they do; he'll backstab the largest foe he sees; i.e. a Giant first; then an Ogre (or if something else appears)...but NOT an Orc unless it attacks one of his companions...

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Inferno »

Jack, boy druid/magic-user:

Seeing the kitchen emptying out of foes to fight, Jack gleefully bangs some pots and pans around so the monstrous giants in the Feasting Hall don't get wise to the murderous mayhem happening just a few feet from their party.

He'll snoop around the counters and cupboards while he's at it.

BANG! KLANG! KRASH!
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by rredmond »

Check out these maps here for further clarification:

viewtopic.php?p=236647#p236647

Thanks all!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Gynsburghe
Strider
Strider

#48 Post by Gynsburghe »

Herzog: I will advance to where the action is...

Return to “Steading of the Hill Giant Chief (1e)”