The Weary Traveler Inn and Tavern (4)

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: The Weary Traveler Inn and Tavern (4)

#81 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

That is an interesting idea. Do you have any ideas as to how we may go about curing a 'looker'?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Inferno »

Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:

"As It Happens, I Do." Sir Ugghra smiled pleasantly between bites.

"Brother Tomas Could Cast 'Dispel Magic,' 'Remove Curse' and 'Cure Disease' Upon One. Given His High Regard For You, and His Unfounded Suspicion of All Lookers, It Shouldn't Be Too Hard For You To Convince Him to Act, If You Could Be So Kind As To See Your Way To Do So.

"Also, The She-Elf Orando Could Cast 'Charm Person' Upon One, And Then Specifically Ask Whether They Are Under the Control of Another And Acting As Their Agent. Orando Has Already Made Inroads, as it were, With One of the Lookers."
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Scott308

#83 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

Those are good suggestions. I could also try casting Detect Charm, although if they are under a permanent glamour, that fact may be shielded and undetectable by my inferior magical abilities. Dowling, having finished his meal at this point, pushes his plate away from him. I wonder what they may be serving for dessert tonight, he mutters, trying to get the attention of the server.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#84 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The frail young serving girl rushes to the table of the portly priest and the hideous half-orc, seeing them sitting there with now emptied plates. She is clearly one of the younger Jonson girls as she looks a lot like the proprietor, Yon.

We have a fresh fruit plate or sweet cornbread muffins to offer as an after dinner treat if you'd like. Is there anything else either of you desire for the evening?

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Inferno »

Scott308 wrote:Father Dowling
Those are good suggestions. I could also try casting Detect Charm...
The inhuman investigator said, "Thank You. You Are Too Kind. Do You Have Such a Blessing Prepared, Good Padre? Or Shall This Business Wait Until Morn?"

"No Dessert For Me. Thank You, My Dear,"
Sir Ugghra said as he glanced out the window to gauge the hour.
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#86 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The evening is drawing late. It is nearly ten bells by the time the two are done with their huge meals.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#87 Post by OGRE MAGE »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Odilo parts ways and thanks the merchants for the drink and conversation "Well friends glad to have met you and if we should meet again I'd enjoy the company once more. Good eve sirs." the mage bows as he leaves the table and heads back to his room at the Weary Traveler.

The gorged pair of priests sees the mage Odilo walk into the inn as they digest. He appears to be headed to the rooms.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Inferno »

The savage soul of discretion attempted to subtly attract the attention of Odilo, as he quietly said to Dowling, "Shall We Meet Before Dawn, Ready To Test Our Theory? Then We Can Still Leave For The Tower After Breakfast?"
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Inferno »

Working Plans:

Overnight, Ugghra will reset his spells.

Before dawn, he wants to go with Dowling to Brother Tomas and tell him, "You're Right, Good Man! There's Something Amiss With These Lookers. We Never Should Have Doubted You. We Seek To Magically Test One. Can You Help Us Arrange To Talk Briefly With Ernie's Mother So That We May? I'm Afraid It's Rather Urgent That We Do It Now."

Less appealing to Ugghra would be to use Orando to get near Ernie's mother. But he'll do whichever is faster, so that they may Detect Charm on her and then get on to the Tower after breakfast.

Thoughts?
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#90 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Before dawn, he wants to go with Dowling to Brother Tomas and tell him, "You're Right, Good Man! There's Something Amiss With These Lookers. We Never Should Have Doubted You. We Seek To Magically Test One. Can You Help Us Arrange To Talk Briefly With Ernie's Mother So That We May? I'm Afraid It's Rather Urgent That We Do It Now."

The Dandy sets out very early for the temple and once again finds the Brother Tomas outside the place doing some meditation. After he is rudely interrupted again by the pompous priest, Brother Tomas reacts harshly.

I thought I told you to STOP bothering the townsfolk!!! What is the problem with you? Do you not hear well or are you just really ignorant? I will NOT allow any of you to go around casting spells on the already traumatized townspeople. Im afraid I must insist on that!!!

Just then you see the looker, Miss Hendricks, exit the temple and begin tending to the flowers around the building.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Inferno »

"Please Forgive Me, Brother Tomas. It Won't Happen Again," the shameless monster lowered his head in shame. He began to descend the hill.

Once Brother Tomas was not observing him, Sir Ugghra will step behind the statue of Pelor (53) or the tree near it, and quietly cast Detect Charm. While under its blessed effects for 10 minutes he will quietly walk back and observe, at a range of 30 yards, Miss Hendricks, Brother Tomas, Ernie and anyone else about the Temple.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#92 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The predictable and persistent pig faced orc man goes about his spell casting ruse. When he re approaches the clergy, he detects nothing in the way of beguiling enchantments from any of the three, including the looker, Miss Hendricks.

He does get an extremely unpleasant stare down from Brother Tomas, however. The good Brother's expression suggesting that he knows exactly what Sir Ugghra is up to. The old priest shakes his head at the half-orc in shame as he flings his massive holy symbol around to his back so he can dig into the gardening he is doing. He says nothing more about it, hoping the loud brute will simply leave them in peace.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Inferno »

Vexed, perplexed and confounded, the demi-human detective returns with all due haste to the inn to meet the others for a hearty country breakfast before departing for the ruined tower of Mortimer the Mad.

If he gets there in ten minutes, he will observe whether any of his company are beguiled, enthralled or enchanted. ;) :lol:
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Scott308

#94 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling
OGRE MAGE wrote:The frail young serving girl rushes to the table of the portly priest and the hideous half-orc, seeing them sitting there with now emptied plates. She is clearly one of the younger Jonson girls as she looks a lot like the proprietor, Yon.

We have a fresh fruit plate or sweet cornbread muffins to offer as an after dinner treat if you'd like. Is there anything else either of you desire for the evening?
Both sound equally lovely, my dear. Bring me whichever you think is better, please.

When she leaves, the priest turns to Ugghra. I do not currently have that spell memorized, but could do so tonight for use tomorrow if you wish. After hearing of Ugghra's plan for the morning, Dowling responds. I shall not pray for that spell, then. I have other spells I was planning to prepare for the trip to the tower.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#95 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The entire party assembles in the morning for a hearty breakfast before heading out to investigate the haunted tower ruins. The meal is good and the time goes by completely uninterrupted.

You are welcome to discuss any strategy or other ideas here before actually heading out.

I would also love it if someone would come up with a standard marching order for the group to travel in.

Thanks!

Return to “Can You Help A Brother Out? (1E)”