Chapter 2: The Haunted Wood

Inferno
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 2: The Haunted Wood

#21 Post by Inferno »

Hideous Goblin Men of the Dim Forest: Round 2

The heroes faced the accursed onslaught of ruined, twisted orcs and their slavering wolves!
goblin assault.jpg
goblin assault.jpg (437.32 KiB) Viewed 1363 times
The abominable wolf rider (GWR) snarled to Grothnak as they readied to murder each other. “Brother Orc, your heart is not in this fight. Don’t make me cut it from your chest! Join us. Drench your cloak in the blood of these weaklings! Don’t forget what you are!”
wolf rider.jpg
wolf rider.jpg (246.5 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
Grothnak laughed heartily and growled, "You will not escape Vadok so easily! Give Hell my regards!"

“Fool!” barked the revolting wolf rider. “I am Urzogg the Desecrator! Son of –“

Grothnak cut him off.
At the neck.
With his halberd.
Urzogg the Desecrator’s head was suddenly gone, mid-sentence. In its place was a geyser of rhythmically spouting blood.
Urzogg the Desecrator.jpg
Urzogg the Desecrator.jpg (173.38 KiB) Viewed 1363 times
Urzogg’s body slid off its large black mount and crashed to the forest floor. The red geyser slowly ceased.

Elsewhere, Hoom the Elf fought through the pain of his grievous wounds and cast a spell to place his enemies under an enchanted magical slumber! One goblin (G6) and two wolves (W1 and GWR Wolf) became ensorcelled and couldn’t resist falling over and drifting off to realms far beyond the veil of sleep!

Long Bo the Druid called out to one wretched orc archer (G3), bedeviling him with a spoken magic charm. Then he said, “Stop firing at us! I have a gift for you! Come over here and I will give it to you.”

The malformed, odious degenerate fell under the spell of Bo’s beguilement. He lowered his bow, strangely captivated by the druid’s beguiling words. “You do? What is it, my friend?”
Sligg.jpg
Sligg.jpg (82.98 KiB) Viewed 1363 times
Pelias the Paladin saw this and deftly selected another target for his arrows. He loosed two missiles across the stream at the sickening assassins that plagued them with hateful barbs. One arrow missed and the other struck true, impaling an orc in its black heart, killing it instantly (G1)!

Vodarte the Ranger stepped back and fired two arrows at point blank range into the half-entangled wolf before him (W9)! Both arrows hit, one clean through her hateful eye! The wolf vomited blood until it died. The grasping roots and vines eagerly reclaimed her, entwining her bloody corpse in a final embrace.

Telkis the gnome warrior joyfully swung his morningstar into the wolf whose back he had nearly broken (W4). This time Cranach finished the job. The mighty sidelong blow broke the hellhound’s jaw and skull in a fatal spray of brain and gore.

The Grey Mouser quickly imbibed an ill-gotten potion and then attempted to attack a wolf assailant (W2) with his blade! The Mouser was moving too quick, got ahead of himself, and swung wide, leaving himself exposed!

Ingrid’s horse reared up in fear of the fight and the bloodcurdling howls of the vine-bound wolves. Ingrid expertly reassured her mount, regaining control. Then she struck at the last wolf (W2), crashing her mace into its skull!

The wolf (W2) still lived and, sensing Mouser’s vulnerability, lunged at him with its hungry fangs, chomping only air as the nimble thief dodged back. Then the wolf suddenly turned tail and bolted west.

The morale of the remaining three (uncharmed) orc archers (G2, G4, G5) also broke, like the skulls and spines of their allies and leader. The distance to their enemy's reach gave them just enough courage to fire insidious, spiteful arrows before they fled, swearing bitter curses and oaths of merciless revenge.

Their fear caused all six arrows to miss. They turned north and ran for their lives, quickly disappearing into the treeline and the fog.

As quickly as it had erupted, the battle was over.

Only one goblin still stood (G3). The weak-willed scum slowly walked toward Long Bo. “A gift for Sligg? What gift?” he asked greedily.
Dim Forest round 2.jpg
Dim Forest round 2.jpg (657.45 KiB) Viewed 1363 times
Elden Vodarte, Human Ranger 2: AC 3, HP 20/20
The Grey Mouser, Half-Elf Magic-User/Thief 1/2: AC 4(5), HP 10/10
Grothnak Uthglukh, Half-Orc Fighter 2: AC 4, HP 15/17
Hoom Feethos, Elven Magic-User/Thief 1/2: AC 3, HP 3/8
Ingrid Esthof, Human Cleric 2: AC 3(1), HP 7/12
Long Bo, Human Druid 2: AC 6, HP 15/15
Pelias Blanchflower, Human Paladin 1: AC 2, HP 11/11
Telkis Brassfang, Gnome Fighter 2: AC 0, HP 19/19

Magic:
Protection from Evil (Pelias): -2 to AC and +2 to saving throws against evil, in a 10 foot radius around Pelias.
Entangle (Long Bo): Any creature that is green is entangled for 8 more minutes (G7, W5, W6, W7, W8).
Sleep (Hoom): Any blue creature is asleep for 4 more minutes (G6, W1, W3, GWR Wolf).
Charm (Long Bo): Charmed creatures (G3) are white, the party’s color.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Zhym »

"Zanbauri!" Grothnak shouts after the fleeting orcs. "Come back, cowards, and die with honor!"

Assuming the fleeing orcs don't obey his order, he'll finish off sleeping wolves.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Grognardsw »

Grey Mouser, hyperactive thief

The Mouser paces quickly and talks a torrent without taking a breath.

"Damn goblins harassing us that will teach them make me waste the elixir I should chase them down that would be easy but I shouldn't press lady luck she's spurned me enough this battle." He thrusts and parries an imaginary goblin in a whirlwind of magically enhanced speed while talking. "Hoom you look bad maybe the clerics can bring down some divine healing Ingrid I think I need you to lay hands on me I pulled a muscle look those entangled goblins and wolves need to be killed should we question them no they won't help us with what we need to know hey we should check the dead for loot." He speeds off to loot the corpses. "We should stake a few goblin heads on spears as a warning thank Sheelba my horse is okay I completely forgot about it but so did the wolves I think this elixir is making me jittery it feels like the weather is changing oh look  at what I found here we should get a move on in case the goblins get reinforcements and track us can our ranger cover our tracks perhaps go upstream a distance and exit out lets make sure to kill those tangled goblins I already said that I'll help there." The thief gets to the edge of the entanglement and starts slinging the bound goblins, his sling a blur of movement. "That should do it the damned scum I thought we were in trouble there it seems the dice of the gods were in our favor I wonder when this elixir will wear off hey I have a few gray hairs that weren't there before is that a side effect I wonder did you see how my attempt at some magic fizzled back there my heart is into magic but my mind often can't follow uh oh I think I'm slowing down." The Grey Mouser sits on the ground holding his head.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Telkis Brassfang, Gnome Warrior

After wiping the gore from his morningstar on the grass, Telkis strides up to Grothnak as he busies himself with the sleeping wolves. “I am Urzogg the Desecrator! Son of -" Telkis cranks his head to the side suddenly, sticking out his tongue. "Hahahaha!!! Did you see the look on his head as it flew from his shoulders? That was pretty much the best thing I've ever seen in my life! Hahahaha!!" He continues laughing as he casually pulls out a dagger from its scabbard and assists in the de-wolfing. "Don't get me wrong, that crazy plant sorcery and the sleep magic was mighty impressive, but -" He makes the surprised yet dead goblin face again. "Hahahaha!!!!!"

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by Fulci »

Ingrid Esthof, cleric

Ingrid is highly displeased with the joyous massacre her companions indulge in. She knows that they can't leave the goblins and the dire wolves alive: they'd come after them first thing the spells wear off... But the sadistic pleasure the Mouser and the gnome take in slaughtering their helpless prey is disgusting.

She tries to take her mind off this cruelty and turns to Hoom instead.

"Keep still," she says. A faint glow appears around her medallion. "Let us heal you."

Cure Light Wounds [1d8] = 2
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#26 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bo stands up tall now that the disgusting cowards have fled. He doesn't bother to look back at the others, knowing full well that they are capable of the "dirty work" that now needs to be done.

With his booming deep voice and his creepy charisma, he continues his ruse with his new "friend".

Sligg! You old dog poker! Come here my friend and let me show you what I've got for you.

Bo reaches into his components pouch and pulls out a small sprig of mistletoe and a small mushroom he picked up a while back.

Do you know what this is Sligg? Have you ever seen this plant before? It has great magical powers you know! I will give it to you if you talk with me for a while. What do you say to that Sligg?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#27 Post by OGRE MAGE »

After the battle has been cleaned up.

Bo finds Pelias and speaks with him.

I feel that I must apologize for casting on one of the orcs you were targeting back there. I wanted to get the closest one to me and didn't realize you were shooting at it until it was too late. Luckily, your skills are great and you were able to adjust your shot.

I'm afraid that, truth be told, I am not really used to interacting within a large group like this. I'm usually out alone. Forgive my blunder and I will try to be more observant in the future.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Looking back and noticing Tobits, his mule, getting extremely antsy at the continued howling of the entangled wolves, Telkis attempts to calm her - "Tobits, girl! The wolves can't hurt you now! Shhhhh!!!" ...and fails. He walks over and grabs her lead and pats her on the back while the Mouser picks of the howling brutes. "There, there now, Tobits."
Telkis never rides Tobits, just leads her. She's more of a companion and a potential treasure tote.
Yet he is unable to soothe her. She panics and runs.

"Tobits!! Oh dear..." Telkis runs off after her.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by AleBelly »

Pelias will help the others slit the throats of the slumbering goblins, but is surprised that stones are being slung at the entangled wolves. "I beg you to stay your hand!" exclaims the paladin in the direction of Grey Mouser. "These creatures will likely run upon being set free. Their deeds are the work of their masters, and no fault of their own."

To Bo, he turns and smiles, placing his hands on each of his shoulders. "You flatter me with your praise. But my skills are the gift of Heironeus, and not truly my own. You owe me no apology. We all must learn to wield sword and spell effectively, and we will likely face bumps along that path."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Telkis comes trundling back from chasing Tobits. As he does, he just overhears Pelias imploring the party not to kill the ensnared howling wolves. "Good sir, I feel I don't know ye that well as of yet, but I can tell you're a man of good intentions. Therefore I wish to beg your pardon for what I must do. I love me some animals, but these here wolves have been trained up to kill by those vermin - true, no fault of their own, but all the same..." here he removes his short bow from his back and knocks an arrow. "Now, you see, my Tobits is out there frightened. If we let these wolves escape they will sure as shootin hunt him down. If I must choose betwixt animals, I choose my friend Tobits. Plus, he has my hand-axe, the rascal." With that he draws and dispatches the bound wolves (W5-8). "I do apologize, sir, for I have no desire to offend thee," he says to Pelias, trying his best to talk in a respectful "fancy" way then trundles off again in the direction his mule fled.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Inferno »

DM:
The angry, baleful howling of wolves can be heard for miles.
  • howling wolf.jpg
    howling wolf.jpg (64.96 KiB) Viewed 1287 times
Mouser's horse and Telkis's mule had panicked and bolted westward down the caravan track in fear for their lives. Fortunately, neither man was on them at the time.
Sephus the crow and Milah the hawk alight on bare branches overhead.

Mouser, Grothak, Pelias and Telkis grimly and efficiently split, impale or crush the skulls of the remaining goblins and wolves except Sligg, the vile orc bewitched by Bo the Druid.
The gruesome, bloody work takes time.

Meanwhile, Ingrid the Priestess summons white magic to heal Hoom the Elf.
And Long Bo the Druid calls to Sligg: "I will give it to you if you talk with me for a while. What do you say to that Sligg?"

"Sligg will talk with the great wizard, he will," the obsequious orc toady replied as he slowly navigated the fallen log bridge.
  • Sligg.jpg
    Sligg.jpg (82.98 KiB) Viewed 1287 times
The insidious goblin removed his filthy cloak and stooped to drench it in the crimson pool of the undulating geyser to dye it red. Then he slapped it, sticky, wet and heavy with blood, onto his back. "Ha. Now Urzogg's strength is Sligg's!" the malicious little villain smiled.

Dripping and heinous, the despicable cannibal approached Long Bo. "Thank you, master, for murdering Sligg's tormentors. How cruelly they mistreated me, all my long, dark years, they did. Yes!" he suddenly shouted as the Mouser stoned an entangled goblin to death.
  • Entangled goblin.jpg
    Entangled goblin.jpg (163.44 KiB) Viewed 1287 times
"In the head!" Sligg cheered. "Harder! Smash his face! Smash it! YES!"

"...yes," Sligg repeated, much quieter, when the jolly good sport had ended all too quickly. The disgusting wretch's lightless eyes returned to Bo's mistletoe. His fetid black tongue eagerly darted in and out of his manflesh hole, and he whispered, "What dark power does it possess, my master? And why do you count verminous elves and gnomes among your friends?"
Sligg's breath was a charnel house.

In time, Mouser's magic potion and Bo's entanglement enchantment faded. Telkis moved among the corpses to recover his arrows, and Mouser to loot the last goblin's body. The thief retrieved 40 pieces of silver from all the goblin cadavers. The coins were a mixture of mintings from Gran March and the Duchy of Geoff, some stained with dried blood.

By then, Telkis's mule and Mouser's horse wandered back.

Actions?
50% of all arrows fired, whether they hit or miss, can be recovered for use again. It takes one minute to check one arrow.
Looting the dead: [3d6x4] = 10x4 = 40
The US dice roller died after that, so I went to WOTC for Mouser's Wisdom save:
dice.jpg
dice.jpg (92.23 KiB) Viewed 1287 times
Failed.[/ooc]
Elden Vodarte, Human Ranger 2: AC 3, HP 20/20
The Grey Mouser, Half-Elf Magic-User/Thief 1/2: AC 4(5), HP 10/10
Grothnak Uthglukh, Half-Orc Fighter 2: AC 4, HP 15/17
Hoom Feethos, Elven Magic-User/Thief 1/2: AC 3, HP 5/8
Ingrid Esthof, Human Cleric 2: AC 3(1), HP 7/12
Long Bo, Human Druid 2: AC 6, HP 15/15
Pelias Blanchflower, Human Paladin 1: AC 2, HP 11/11
Telkis Brassfang, Gnome Fighter 2: AC 0, HP 19/19

Magic:
Protection from Evil (Pelias): -2 to AC and +2 to saving throws against evil, in a 10 foot radius around Pelias.
Charm Person or Mammal (Long Bo): Sligg.
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#32 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Long Bo, Druid of the Shalm

The tall Druid smiles wide at the filthy orcs despicable actions, barely being able to refrain from running him through with his own spear.

Yes Sligg! You now have more power than you've ever had before. And, all of this is because we, your new friends, have saved you from your oppressors. I can sense your hatred of them from here.

And don't mind the way we look. Spells and magic can make someone look completely different than they really are. I'd bet the ruse is so good that you can even smell the elf and gnome on them, right?

Now Sligg, tell us what you were doing out here, and tell us of your former leader Urzogg. What was his purpose in attacking us? Also, tell us what you know of Briarsgate. Was your group affiliated with that place at all?

Bo continues to wave the sprig out in front of him. Partly to keep Sliggs interest, but mostly because of the wretched smell coming from the vile creature.

I should have pulled out some peppermint, he thinks to himself.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by DadsAngry »

Hoom Feethos (MU/T):

"Thank you Ingrid. Those wolves bit me good and this arrow didn't help much either." Hoom reaches down into his belt pouch. "How much do I owe you for your services? I'm afraid I don't have much coin to offer you."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Zhym »

Grothnak Uthglukh, half-orc warrior

The half-orc glares with obvious contempt at the sniveling goblin. Unable to stomach another look at the disgusting coward, Grothnak turns his attention to Mouser's gathering of the loot. "40 silver? That's all they had?" He spits on the ground, as if in protest.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Inferno »

DM:
  • OGRE MAGE wrote:Long Bo, Druid of the Shalm
    Now Sligg, tell us what you were doing out here, and tell us of your former leader Urzogg. What was his purpose in attacking us? Also, tell us what you know of Briarsgate. Was your group affiliated with that place at all?
Sligg the twisted abomination replied, “A scouting party of the Red Cloak tribe went missing, it did. They've not been seen since the Worm Moon." The Druid knew that meant Spring.
"Came to see what’s come of them, we did. But of them we found no sign. No sign at all. Did they meet their miserable end upon your blades and witchcraft, my master?"

"Urzogg the Desecrator wanted to show his strength to the Goblin King of the Dim Forest by leading the search, he did. Killing men, elves and gnomes would increase Urzogg's power within our tribe, and bring him favor. Now Urzogg will be forgotten forever, heh heheh aheh." Sligg's malicious giggle made a mockery of laughter.

The ghastly, vehement creature did not recognize the name Briarsgate. When Long Bo described the human settlement's location, he said, "No, my master. The humans there are too strong. Years ago, they murdered many orcs, they did. One day, perhaps, we will return. One day." Sligg's vicious smile was a horrible thing to behold.

"Don't you want to dip your cloak in the wet, red blood of your slaughtered enemies, master?" he asked as he surveyed the killing field, licking his vile lips. "...And when do we feast?"
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by Mister-Kent »

Vodarte, Ranger

Vodarte gathers up his arrows fired, then checks on Ingrid--and the others as well, but mostly the priestess. "Your wounds...are not more severe," he says nervously. "I am glad."

He watches as Hoom offers to pay Ingrid, looking on with cool curiosity.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by AleBelly »

ChubbyPixie wrote:Telkis Brassfang, Gnome Warrior

Telkis comes trundling back from chasing Tobits. As he does, he just overhears Pelias imploring the party not to kill the ensnared howling wolves. "Good sir, I feel I don't know ye that well as of yet, but I can tell you're a man of good intentions. Therefore I wish to beg your pardon for what I must do. I love me some animals, but these here wolves have been trained up to kill by those vermin - true, no fault of their own, but all the same..." here he removes his short bow from his back and knocks an arrow. "Now, you see, my Tobits is out there frightened. If we let these wolves escape they will sure as shootin hunt him down. If I must choose betwixt animals, I choose my friend Tobits. Plus, he has my hand-axe, the rascal." With that he draws and dispatches the bound wolves (W5-8). "I do apologize, sir, for I have no desire to offend thee," he says to Pelias, trying his best to talk in a respectful "fancy" way then trundles off again in the direction his mule fled.
Pelias smiles, perhaps embarrassed. "Yes, of course" he replies with a slight bow of his head. "The thought had not manifested itself to me. Perhaps those wolves are irredeemable. Do as you must to protect your beast of burden. I will take no offense. And I trust my Lord will also see this in accord with His laws."

He looks to the group. "Well done, comrades. Your sorcery and weaponry have served us well today!"

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Grognardsw »

Gray Mouser, thief

The rogue shakes off the jitters, collects his horse, and distributes (against his better judgement) all the loot found.

"A small pittance for our efforts," he mutters.

Mouser loads three goblin spears and a few bows and quivers onto his horse.

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by Fulci »

Ingrid Esthof, cleric
DadsAngry wrote:"Thank you Ingrid. Those wolves bit me good and this arrow didn't help much either." Hoom reaches down into his belt pouch. "How much do I owe you for your services? I'm afraid I don't have much coin to offer you."
"Nonsense," says Ingrid. "It's the least I can do. And you can't put a price tag on Trithereon's power either."

She is smiling, but her voice has a slight coldness to it.
Then she turns to Vodarte.
Mister-Kent wrote:Vodarte gathers up his arrows fired, then checks on Ingrid--and the others as well, but mostly the priestess. "Your wounds...are not more severe," he says nervously. "I am glad."
"We had worse. This bite is deep, but it touched no bones. Just help me pull this tighter," she says, trying to apply a make-shift bandage to her right upper arm.

Then she pulls closer to Bo and listens to the information the goblin has. In the heat of the battle she didn't quite see what caused the goblin's desertion, but now she reckons the Druid managed to fool it with a crafty spell. She wonders: what will happen when the charm wears off? Which bloodthirsty member of the group will bash in the wretched goblin's head? Strange things. Inevitable things.
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Telkis soothes his mule and adjusts a saddlebag that has loosened a bit during Tobits' panicked run. He watches Long Bo's proceedings with Sleebag, or whatever that creatures name is, with misgiving. He understands this must be some sort of enchantment - he's heard of such things - but wonders what this means. Will the party be traveling with him in tow? The creature smelled like the inside of a fake leg! And Telkis knew he'd have to tolerate it, since he'd be sticking close - for the moment when it betrayed them and attacked. Someone was going to have to be ready to bash it's head in and he supposed that someone would have to be him. He preferred the vile things un-charmed, that's tor sure. At least then you knew exactly what to do with them...

"We'd best think about moving along, hadn't we? Those things like the dark. We should use the daylight. Days are getting shorter." turning to Bo: "Did you ask him if there are any more of his friend... er, tormenters round abouts?"

Return to “The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)”