It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:48 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2414
Location: Oregon, WI
Risdac Egargi

Taking advantage of his newly acquired height, Risdac realizes he is best equipped to wade into the water of unknown depth. He will accompany Rool.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13709
How far beyond the statue do Rool and Risdac move? Into the water?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:42 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17013
Location: Vermont, USA
Odilo "Hmm just a statue... interesting. Wonder what would inspire such a statue surely such a creature must exist somewhere." the mage wonders aloud.

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2258
Location: Pennsylvania
Malibran nods, "Let us hope that somewhere is 'elsewhere', Master Odilo"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:57 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8608
Location: 1977
The Unseen Servant:

"The creature appears to be an amphibian," the sensei observes softly as Rool and Risdac approach the dark water's edge.

_________________


Last edited by Inferno on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1393
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
Zhym wrote:
How far beyond the statue do Rool and Risdac move? Into the water?

Just inside the room, between the entrance and the statue. He's trying to determine how much slime is on the floor and how it affects footing.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:04 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13709
Seeing that the giant figure is merely a statue, you sheathe your weapons and take closer stock of the room. Malibran looks more closely at the water. Though it is too murky to see its depth, it as least appears not to be the same oily black of the Styx. The water churns from the waterfall to port; if it drains, it must drain somewhere to forward, where your light does not reach.

Rool checks his footing, stepping on to the slightly luminescent green slime that covers the ledge on the aft side of this room. The slime is indeed slippery, but Rool imagines it would be easy enough for him to stay upright if he walks carefully.

-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 52/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Rool).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:09 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2258
Location: Pennsylvania
Malibran considers the obstacle before them,"I would prefer not to tempt these foul waters by swimming through them. Perhaps the boats we passed could be used here? A bit of reconnaissance is also helpful to see what lies beyond the darkness. A light spell on an arrow? If we could attach secure something on the far side, this statue could perhaps be used to secure a rope to climb across.."

He continues to stay alert for any threat while considering the next step....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:44 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17013
Location: Vermont, USA
Odilo "We could attempt to use one of those boats odd as it may be to need to use a row boat inside a larger boat."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:19 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2414
Location: Oregon, WI
Risdac Egargi

I can use the Staff to cast light upon an arrow if someone wishes to shoot one at the darkness. As he speaks, Risdac approaches the edge and examines the water.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:01 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8608
Location: 1977
The Unseen Servant:

The serene sensei nods at the suggestion of using the boats, and patiently watches for any response to Risdac's offer to illuminate the distant shore.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:30 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1393
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
Rool Diov, Thief

Rool draws an arrow and presents it to Risdac. “Be my guest,” he says, “I just hope it doesn’t become a poisonous snake or strangling vine!” With that thought, he minds the signs of chaos and prepares to drop the arrow if its form begins to morph.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:37 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2414
Location: Oregon, WI
Risdac Egargi

Risdac uses his Staff of the Magi to cast Light upon Rool's arrow.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:15 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 7927
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Hallagad rubs his head. "Wish I had my Cure Very Light Wounds spell handy" he laments. "My head is killing me." He places the tip of his sword in the water.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:17 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17013
Location: Vermont, USA
Odilo moves forward to follow the others moving forward stopping at the water.

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:50 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1393
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
Rool Diov

(If the staff works and lights the arrow...)

Rool draws his short bow, raises to fire a maximum distance arc, and lets loose the continual light arrow into the darkness.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:49 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13709
Hallagad dips his sword tip into the water while others develop a plan to light the rest of the room. The paladin's sword gets a little wet, but nothing else seems to happen.

Rool hands an arrow up to Risdac, who uses his staff to cast a light spell on the tip of the arrow. He holds his breath, hoping the spell does what it's supposed to do and doesn't turn the arrow into something unpleasant. But the spell goes off at it usually does: the tip of the arrow shines with a bright light.

Rool fires the lit arrow straight ahead. It flies into a corridor on the other side of the room, briefly illuminating passages to the left and right of the middle corridor. You get a brief glimpse of the seemingly endless central corridor as Rool's arrow flies through it. The arrow splashes into the water over 200 feet away, shrouding its light in the distant, murky water.
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.31.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.31.12 AM.png [ 81.27 KiB | Viewed 23 times ]

-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 52/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Rool).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:53 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17013
Location: Vermont, USA
Odilo clears his throat before saying "My best summation of the situation is that we are to use the boats in the rooms behind us to cross this water. However some of us might have means to levitate or float over." the mage swallows and activates his staff levitate ability upon himself then concentrates on only floating 4 inches above the floor, hoping the magic does not go awry.

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:13 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1393
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
Rool Diov, Rouge

Rool nods in satisfaction, turns to look at his companions and says, “Shall I fire two more on either side of this corridor?”

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:34 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8608
Location: 1977
The Unseen Servant:

The humble master nods at the words of Odilo and replies to Rool, "Our magic is dangerous here. Let us gather the boats. Once we're on the water, the other corridors will be revealed to us."

Then, to Malibran: "Will the boat keepers willingly relinquish their crafts?"

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group