It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:38 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5850
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius attempts to rest, hoping the others will figure out the watch schedule and wake him near the end.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:19 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14229
"Boy, I wish I knew how to use Watt's tools right about now!" says Tippin, taking the key. "Oh well. Not to worry!"

He unlocks the chest.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:31 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11057
Location: Chicago, Illinois
"Boy, I wish I knew how to use Watt's tools right about now!" says Tippin, eagerly taking possession of the key Mila discovered. "Oh well, not to worry!" the halfling continues, moving to the chest.

The halfling examines the small wooden chest, and the lock, and the key. The chest itself is old, and the iron bands supporting it are worn and rusted. The lid of the chest, and its sides, are visibly scuffed and scratched as if ruggedly handled. There are some darker red splotches on the outside of the front panel, near the lock.

As for the lock, it and the key appear to be matches, and this pairing is confirmed when Tippin slides the small, iron key into the slot without effort. Once the key reaches the full depth, the halfling turns it slowly to the right... until he hears a click.

While it does not open, the slightly angled lid jolts ever so slightly as if its locking mechanism has been relased.


AdaRue continues her thorough search of the chamber's walls for secret exits; listening and feeling for any signs of drafts or hidden locking mechanisms. Her efforts have been unrewarded after now covering 20-feet from the only known exit.


Meanwhile, Junius lays down to rest, counting on the others to figure out the watch schedule and wake him near the end as needed.



Actions?

---
Possessions to Divide ---
Date: 20 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 16:58 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Temp: 44F (53F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6-3 = 3-2 = 1 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 4-3 = 1 | Armor: Hobgoblin Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/7/6 | HP: 10-8 = 2+4 = 6-4 = 2 | Armor: Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (20)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather, Goblin Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:48 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3681
Location: Ithaca, NY
Having offered to take first watch, AdaRue continues her thorough search of the chamber's walls for secret exits. She listens and feels for any signs of drafts or hidden locking mechanisms.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:26 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Will stay up long enough to transcribe OmDog's spellbook and her's together, then begin trading with the other magic users for the same, figuring that while they are here and working together they might as well have copies of each other's spells in both their own and what will be for all intents and purposes a spare book for now.

While doing so she will eat her 1 unpreserved ration. Deducted from sheet

She will stay up until the transcribing is complete and then stow away the book in her pack. She will then go to sleep and take the second watch.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:22 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14229
Thought I'd posted. No time today. Short version: Tippin turns the chest toward the wall, stands as far from the chest as he can, and opens the lid from the side with the crowbar.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:50 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11057
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Aided by the glow from a fire beetle gland, AdaRue continues her thorough search of the chamber's walls for secret exits; listening and feeling for any signs of drafts or hidden locking mechanisms. Her progress is slow, and without success to this point.

Junius, still ailing from his wounds and worn down from an eventful day of adventuring, quickly falls asleep.

Mila finds a "comfortable" spot and begins readying herself to transcribe the contents of Omdog's spell book into her own. Carefully turning open the cover, she quickly realizes that the magical writing of their fallen companion is far different than her own, and she will be unable to complete her intended actions without the assistance of her own 'Read Magic' spell to decipher the magical text.

Nearby, Tippin forumlates a plan to open the chest. The halfling first moves to turn the chest, and needs to call for some assistance as the chest, despite being relatively small, is quite heavy -- he guesses it's at least 100-pounds. Once the chest is positioned to his liking, he slips the claw end of his crowbar beneath the lid and, moving behind the chest itself, slowly lifts the crowbar drawing the lid open.

The lid opens.



Actions?

---
Possessions to Divide ---
Date: 20 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 17:00 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Temp: 44F (53F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6-3 = 3-2 = 1 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 4-3 = 1 | Armor: Hobgoblin Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/7/6 | HP: 10-8 = 2+4 = 6-4 = 2 | Armor: Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (20)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather, Goblin Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1 (Read Magic)
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:22 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14229
Tippin flips the lid all the way open and waits a full two minutes before edging forward to peer into it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:38 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11057
Location: Chicago, Illinois
AdaRue makes it a little further along the wall and still has not found anything.


Aided by the glow from a fire beetle gland, AdaRue continues her thorough search of the chamber's walls for secret exits; listening and feeling for any signs of drafts or hidden locking mechanisms. Her progress is slow, and without success to this point.

The lid open, Tippin opens it fully and waits. And waits. Once two uneventful minutes have passed, the halfling peers inside and sees that the chest is filled with glimmering coins! Mostly silver, but coins of gold and copper are also mixed in.

On top of the coin pile appears to be a torn piece of cloth.



Actions?

---
Possessions to Divide ---
Date: 20 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 17:02 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Temp: 44F (53F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6-3 = 3-2 = 1 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 4-3 = 1 | Armor: Hobgoblin Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/7/6 | HP: 10-8 = 2+4 = 6-4 = 2 | Armor: Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (20)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather, Goblin Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1 (Read Magic)
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:23 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14229
"Woo hoo!" cheers Tippin. "We're rich! We're rich! We're comfortably well off!"

"That cloth is kind of weird, though."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:55 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5850
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius quietly snoozes away, dreaming of striking it rich while wearing really weird clothing.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:00 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11057
Location: Chicago, Illinois
AdaRue continues to search the cavern walls, but still has not found anything.

Junius sleeps.

"Woo hoo!" cheers Tippin after peering inside the now open chest. "We're rich! We're rich! We're comfortably well off!"

"That cloth is kind of weird, though."
he adds after spying what appears to be a torn piece of cloth resting atop the pile of coinage.

He, and everyone else not already dedicated to other tasks, just stare at the chest.


A light rap is heard at the door, and you assume one of the fire beetles outside happened to bump up against it -- a reminder of the violation that is taking place just outside your safe area.



I need actual actions to progress the game. I know what AdaRue and Junius are doing, but what about everyone else?


Actions?


---
Possessions to Divide ---
Date: 20 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 17:03 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Temp: 44F (53F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6-3 = 3-2 = 1 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 4-3 = 1 | Armor: Hobgoblin Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/7/6 | HP: 10-8 = 2+4 = 6-4 = 2 | Armor: Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (20)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather, Goblin Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1 (Read Magic)
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:44 am 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3681
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue freezes, reminded of the danger outside the room. She tries to estimate the length of time she'll need to finish her search. But I don't want to die just yet, Tippin. Anyone awake can help me search the room for other ways out. Please​?.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:26 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Hearing the rap at the door, she rushes to the other side of the table and grunts pushing it with all she's got towards the passage where the door is, hoping others will help her when they see her intent.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14229
Tippin looks skeptically at the bit of cloth. "That gold isn't going anywhere. I'm going to get a good night's rest before I mess with that any more!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Keebler helps move the table. "This reinforcement may not add much over the protection already afforded by the bar across the door, but it does no harm, either," he observes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:44 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8048
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
"Keep it down" wheezes Canun from his bedroll. "I need my rest!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I. Tree Cave
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:34 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11057
Location: Chicago, Illinois
New Topic: II. Tree Cave - Day 2.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rusty Tincanne and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group