The Final Fun Facts to Find

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Final Fun Facts to Find

#41 Post by Inferno »

Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:

Once Ernie was gone, the distrustful dilettante flared his elegant, ample nostrils and said, "Harrumph. If, As We Must Now Presume, The Mayor Is Possessed, or Under Some Other Vile Demonic Influence, Then This Would Be a Trap Set For Us. At The Town Meeting, She Would Turn All the Townsfolk Against Us, and We Would Be Forced To Battle These Innocent Villagers.

"Rather, I Think, We Should Use This Opportune Moment to Retain Some Semblance of The Element of Surprise. With Tomas Agreeing To Her Terms, We Can Surprise Her By Arriving At Her Abode Now, Long Before The Town Council Meeting. Are We Agreed?"

OM, what time is it? Thanks.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#43 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Inferno...It is around 8:00 am. Two hours before the meeting hall opens.

ChubbyPixie... This was your first exposure to the rather undynamic duo.

viewtopic.php?f=243&t=5062&start=280#p240042

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#44 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ernie looks disparaged when Epi asks about Positive Steve.

The good brother is doing all that he can, but he keeps mentioning that he needs more powerful magic than Pelor will provide his humble self. He keeps mumbling about the Mayweathers ring and its powers of regeneration. I feel that his attempts will be in vain as the good sheriff's will to hang on seems to be getting less and less.

Good Morning to you all, then. We will be at the temple if you learn anything new.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Inferno »

Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:

"Shall We Now Proceed To The Mayor With All Due Haste?" the arrogant aristocrat elegantly enquired of the others.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"I believe we have a couple of hours till the meeting hall opens," replies Ozwaldus. "Unless we want to try to catch her before. But where is she? She certainly didn't seem to be inside her home last night."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#47 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

I don't know if leaving now will do us any good, but I am willing to head over there if others wish to do so.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#49 Post by OGRE MAGE »

After another satisfactory meal at the Weary Traveller, the group sets out for the mayors estate.

As you approach, you notice that the entire compound still remains void of any signs of life. There are no townspeople around yet at this hour, (2 hours till the first meetings start) and you don't even see the guards that are usually standing just inside the front entry gate.

The gate is locked and the whole place has an extremely unkempt look about it.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Storm11 »

If no one is obviously watching Angella will try and pick open the lock on the gate.
Greys Campaign.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, elven magician

"This does not feel right. This is the mayor's ancestral home. She wouldn't let it fall into this state. More proof she is not herself."

Scott308

#52 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

Something is definitely amiss. There are always guards posted here. We need to get inside and see what the problem is.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#53 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

"Agreed. I had a talk with guards outside this gate just few days back and commented about the unkemptness of the place. Nevertheless they were still keeping folks out."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#55 Post by OGRE MAGE »

With no townsfolk in a close proximity, the sister pops open the gates lock with her picks. The gate swings inward easily. The grounds inside are even more untidy and the guard shack is empty.

The original members of the group recall that this was the gate they entered through while riding in Brother Tomas' covered wagon for their first meeting with the mayor. You can see the entryway into the town hall where you were harassed by the guards. There is nobody around and the doors into the place appear to be shut up tight.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#56 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

"Well, in for a cooper, in for a gold piece."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Storm11 »

Angella will circle the place again checking for entrances round the back. If there are she checks for traps and then tries to pick any locks to gain entry. If there are not she tries both on the front door.
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#58 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The monk circumnavigates the manor for a second time, this search taking place in the light of day. Once again she sees no sign of life anywhere inside of the compound.

She searches the large main hall entrance double doors and finds them unlocked and not trapped.

There are also two other doors into the living quarters of the home. She finds no traps on either of these two doors, but they are both locked up tight. The locks are stout and complicated and she fails her attempt to unlock either of them.

Scott308

#59 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

The priest moves to the front doors. It appears we have only one option. Dowling slowly and quietly opens one of the doors and peeks inside.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Storm11 »

Angella will accompany the good cleric
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Can You Help A Brother Out? (1E)”