Quest #28 "Kegenstien's Expedition Over the River"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Quest #28 "Kegenstien's Expedition Over the River"

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Next Morning
Sunday, 21st of Goodmonth

Keg is asking around for willing participants to travel out past the river to further explore the land beyond it.

I didnt want this idea to stall out, since the preparations seem to be spread out in a few threads.

So, anyone willing can post their actions here to get this thing off the ground. Thanks!

It sounded like The Knife would go, but cant leave until the 22nd.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #28 "Keg & Stien's Expedition Over the River"

#2 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

The elf cleric walks to the foot of the tree tavern, fully armoured, her shield hanging on her left shoulder. She munches something for breakfast while she enjoys the morning "fresh" air.

When she arrives at the meeting spot she'll lean her back against the tree and wait for the others.
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Will join her friend Elnaerel heading over to the Tree House. She's dressed for the road.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Bluehorse »

Keg is up and waiting, as the sun rises. He was munching on a scrap of whatever was cooking at the fires and looks up as the others approach. Morning. Glad to see yall show up. I hear there is a sea monster throwing out tenticals on the beach between here and the river... kind of a reverse fishing. So keep and eye on the ground for anything that looks disturbed so we don't become dinner. Other than that, shouldn't take long to get to the river, and hopefully we will know what we need to by this time tomorrow and start making our way back without problem. so naturally there will be problems. he gives an almost sadistic grin at his own ironic humor. That said, everyone ready to go?
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

With the sunrise Darklin dons his Studded Leather, Wilderness harness and hoists his shield and pack and heads out to the Tree Tavern to find out about this bodyguard sign he saw posted in the bar area. Seeing the 2 ladies dressed in battle gear he addresses them.

Hello Ladies, Either of you looking for a body guard? I saw a note in the tavern last night requesting anyone interested to show up, but you two don't look like you need guarding.

Keg are you here for the bodyguard job too?
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Bluehorse »

Darklin2 wrote:Darklin

With the sunrise Darklin dons his Studded Leather, Wilderness harness and hoists his shield and pack and heads out to the Tree Tavern to find out about this bodyguard sign he saw posted in the bar area. Seeing the 2 ladies dressed in battle gear he addresses them.

Hello Ladies, Either of you looking for a body guard? I saw a note in the tavern last night requesting anyone interested to show up, but you two don't look like you need guarding.

Keg are you here for the bodyguard job too?
He grumbles. Body guard... Louder: I'm the one leading this expedition. It's the fillies that need a bodyguard apparently.
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Thanks Keg for pointing out the obvious. Yes, I am the one looking for a guard. I am not proficient with arms so need someone that will be staying with and guarding me. I will pay you 1 gp a day and will split any treasure with you. Your duties will simply be to assist me as we travel, and when in combat guard me."
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Jernau35 »

Yes, The Knife is cleaning up his old armor on the 21st. He won't be ready until the 22nd. So if you all want to head on without him, that's fine. He'll go annoy/baffle/amuse somebody else :D

Or if y'all get chewed up by a giant lizard three miles up the beach and come limping back, he'll go with you tomorrow :lol:
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by Darklin2 »

Ahlmzhad wrote:Feanol

"Thanks Keg for pointing out the obvious. Yes, I am the one looking for a guard. I am not proficient with arms so need someone that will be staying with and guarding me. I will pay you 1 gp a day and will split any treasure with you. Your duties will simply be to assist me as we travel, and when in combat guard me."

Easy Keg. I didn't realize there was an expedition. I am here regarding the body guard sign.

Turns to Feanol.

I will be happy to assist you on this quest. So 1 gp a day and half a treasure split. Ok, that sounds good to me. I will guard you to the best of my ability, but if I tell you to run you need to run. Alright, I am ready to go too. By the way my name is Darklin.

He moves the shield to his back and readies the long bow.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

Meeting the group at the treehouse as planned, the Princess listens to the breifing. "You want to trek that way for hours, just to hopefully remove a sea monster that has killed people before?" She looks at the group and sizes them up.

"You may just get it done. Unfortunately, I have pressing matters here in town. Hopefully, I will see you all this evening in the bar for dinner and drinks." She bows and walks back to the tent "Good Luck!"
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Looking at Darklin "Welcome Darklin, I am Feanol. I will do my best to follow your directions. I am a new mage, and have some limited ability to assist the party, but cannot readily defend myself. I may also need some assistance when traversing hazards along the way. The other duty would be to carry any thing we are going to bring back, as again sadly that is something I would not be able to do. If those terms and duties are fine with you then I believe we have a bargain." With that she will extend her hand to shake on the agreement.

If Darklin does so he will find her grip is almost not a grip.

Having concluded her business she turns to Elnaerel and says somewhat sharply, "Where is Keyon? I thought he was joining us. Are we going to have to wait on him all morning?"
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by Paladin »

Keyon

A somewhat bedraggled young elf trudges toward the appointed meeting place at the ungodly hour of their choosing. "Why does no one begin adventures in the afternoon?" he wonders in a muted grumble. His hangover has faded to the point he no longer sees double and his steps are once more steady and sure. When he glances up and overhears the lady Feanol speaking his name in a grouchy tone, he motions with a finger to his lips for the others to be quiet and appears suddenly behind her.

"Right here, lovely one. Do you feel my absence so keenly already?" He chuckles under his breath and turns to offer the others a low bow. For a carousing ner-do-well fresh off a night of too much alcohol and only vague memories of subsequent events, he somehow manages to look his dashing self. The eyes are a bit red-rimmed, perhaps, the hair not quite so perfect as usual, but the charming grin is as wicked as ever.

"Fret not, fair lady. I won't resign you to a journey alone with this serious lot." He winks at her and adjusts his gear, settling his backpack firmly over his shoulders. "If we need a point-man and no one has claimed the spot, I'll volunteer," he says in a slightly more serious tone. But only slightly.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

She greets everyone smiling, happy to see them coming alone. She also shakes Darklin's hand and introduces herself.

At Keg's comment, she says: "You can rest sure I don't need a bodyguard, big boy. But I'm happy to have you all by my side. The force of the group is what's gonna help us survive and accomplish the object of our quest.

By the way, this monster on the beach. Shouldn't we take care of it? Or is it that big of a monster for us?"
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

Lady Feanol, We have a deal. One gold a day, That sounds more than fair. How long do we plan to be gone and what is the objective of this trek? Where are we off to and is there anything in particular we are looking for?

He shakes her hand.

Whispers quietly to her as he shakes her hand. I too am a Mage, but will act as a warrior this trip.

Keg it is good to see you up and around. We had a heck of a time getting you back to town. Liam brought his cart to meet us but the Pantoons stopped us on the way. There must be thousands of those rats flying around in the trees.

Looking to Elnaerel and shaking her hand.

So Elnaerel, Nice to meet you. What brings you to the wilds of this island? Be on your guard her Ladies. There are millions of ways to die here. But Pirates is no longer one of them at least for now.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Bluehorse »

Keg

To Elnaerel: It's apparently that big. We'd need everyone available to stand a chance and an understanding that not everyone will make it back alive. I've no idea what it looks like since I've not seen it in person, but I've heard enough. If we see it, maybe we can get some ideas how to deal with it, but for now let's see what's on the other side of the river. If we are all kinds of lucky, we can leave these problems behind us.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#17 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Unless someone objects, I will bump this ahead one more day so TK can join you. If anyone needed healing, that will give you 2 more hit points.

Sea Monsters And Exploration
Moonday, 22nd of Goodmonth
Early Morning, Warm, Misty, Humid

Meeting under the tree as planned, the original group findss another elf named Darklin standing there with the note from the tavern in his hand. He agrees to aid the frail Feanol on this mission, for 1 gold coin per day and a half share of her treasure. Shaking the tiny elf's hand, Darklin can tell immediately that she will be heavily dependent upon him in her extremely weakened condition.

Keg reminds everyone who the leader of the expedition is, trying to keep everyone in line when an unseen cat finally drags Keyon into their midst as well. The party discuss their options, wondering just how tough an adversary this rumored sea monster will be that has been terrorizing the beach for the last few days.

Looking around at those gathered, Keg tries to think of anything else they might need before setting out.

Actions?

This is your marching order and status list.
Please let me know if you see anything wrong or want to be moved somewhere else.

Keyon 6/6
Keg Woodwright 13/13
Elnaerel 10/10 3/3
The Knife 5/5
Feanol 4/4 1/1 CL, DM, RM
Darklin Sylvanas 8/8 1/1 CL, DM, RM
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Addressing Darklin "Well sir we are off to scout for a better site inland for a settlement. Someplace with water, arable land, and fewer sea monsters. We plan to be gone two days. One out and one back. So I'm not sure we'll gain any treasure."

Hearing Keyon's remark she glances over her shoulder stares at him rolls her eys, and sighs in a perturbed manner. Then turns her attention elsewhere.

If we are taking the extra day I'd like to try to purchase some daggers.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#19 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Go for it anytime your ready.

Nallisa wont bite.

viewtopic.php?f=446&t=6348
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

The gnome comes trotting up, leather armor gleaming. "Sorry we're a little late! It was worth it though, wasn't it? He gives a little twirl to show off.

"Oh. Wait. Rations! Hold on a moment!" He runs off to the Hi-Lo.

A few minutes later he comes back, twirling his walking stick. "Righty-Ho! Let's be off!"
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Return to “Completed Missions”