SpinwardMarch
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Comments & Stuff ooc

#1 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Post ooc comments here!

Note: The game has a campaign ID for the US dice roller: 762

All rolls, unless otherwise specified, are either 2d6 or 1d6; this is Classic Traveller. :D
SpinwardMarch
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Comments & Stuff ooc

#2 Post by Pulpatoon »

I'm delighted to hear you'll be handling the mods. I still haven't quite wrapped my brain around the niceties of Traveller's systems.
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by SpinwardMarch »

In some ways, Classic Traveller requires much less bookkeeping, after creating the character. I once tried to play in an RPG that had 100 points to allocate, along with modifiers, etc. I quit, after telling the group that I did professional bookkeeping, and didn't want to do it for "fun."
SpinwardMarch
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by SpinwardMarch »

That is an impressively gnarly visage there, Jrec.
Jrec tries to look as innocent as a guy with his face can.
SpinwardMarch
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Jernau35 »

I figured a guy who did 4 terms as a marine trooper, with Cutlass-2 and Brawling-1 probably had a few scars :)
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by spanningtree »

Hey gents, I am on a business trip and may be slow to respond. Please NPC my character as needed for the next few days.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by SpinwardMarch »

spanningtree, Ok, no problem. Safe travels.
SpinwardMarch
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by SpinwardMarch »

The scenario provides a lot of leeway as to how the characters get to the necessary location. As in, there is no "required" method, just suggestions for the referee. This is where you help write the story.

So let's go with the gambling / submersible path.

Once you arrive, the location is well documented in the book.
SpinwardMarch
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Vanejen
Law level 4: Moderate law (no light assault weapons)

Tech level 5:

Personal Military: carbine, rifle, pistol, SMG
Heavy Military: Armored vehicles, Mortars
Computers: Electric Calculator Massive Model/1
Communications: Radio
Environment: Sealed/Condtnd Cities (!?), Skyscrapers
Medical: Mass vaccination, X-ray diagnosis
Land transport: Ground cars, tracked vehicles
Water transport: Steel hulls, early submersibles
Air transport: Airplanes, seaplanes
Space transport: early rockets, satellites
Energy: Petrochemicals, Internal combustion engines
SpinwardMarch
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by spanningtree »

What kind, if any, body armor is available?
My original character sheet did not indicate any amount of ammo for Ringar's shotty. What did it come with, can he purchase more?
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Vanejen is tech level 5.

At import shops some items TL 6-8 can be purchased, but at a 140% markup.

(info from the 1982 edition, corrected to 1977 edition)

Available armor:

Jack (Cr50; TL 1): A natural or synthetic leather jacket or body suit covering the torso and upper arms and legs.
Jack is somewhat better than ordinary clothing or bare skin when defending against blades; it is worthless against guns.

Mesh (Cr150; TL 7): A jacket or body suit made of natural or synthetic leather and reinforced with a lining of
flexible metal mesh, similar to chain mail but lighter and stronger. Mesh reduces or stops penetration by blades
and has some effectiveness against guns; it is ineffective against laser fire.

Cloth (Cr250; TL 6): A heavy duty body suit tailored from ballistic cloth. The fabric absorbs impact energy,
distributing the blow over the body of the target and possibly resulting in bruising. Nevertheless, cloth armor is
almost the best and the most versatile available.

Shotgun (4500 grams loaded; Cr160; TL 4): The basic weapon for maximum shock effect without regard to
accuracy. The shotgun has an 18mm diameter barrel and fires shells containing either six 7mm bullets, or one
hundred and thirty 3mm pellets. In each case, the projectiles weigh a total of 30 grams. Velocity for the projectiles
is about 350 meters per second. A cylindrical magazine containing 10 shells is inserted under the barrel and parallel
to it; cartridges are then fed automatically into the shotgun for firing. Reloading consists of replacing the cylindrical
magazine and takes two combat rounds. One shot is fired for each pull of the trigger.

Magazines measure approximately 350mm long by 20mm in diameter and are quite clumsy to carry.
Shotguns are equipped with a. sling for carrying.

Length: 1000mm. Weight, unloaded: 3750 grams (loaded magazine: 750 grams). Base price: Cr150 (loaded
magazine: Cr10).

Ringar has one magazine (10 shells) right now.
SpinwardMarch
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by spanningtree »

Ringar will pick up a mesh jacket and 2 extra magazines for the shotty.What would the total cost be?

I am going on vacation for the next few weeks and may be slower than normal to post. Please NPC as needed.
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by ffilz »

Giotto will pick up cloth armor and 4 extra magazines for his shotgun.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by SpinwardMarch »

spanningtree, have a good vacation! I will take care of Ringar as needed. Subtract Cr 170 from your assets.

ffilz, your bill is Cr 290.

I spent several hours today, going through, and filing, a pile of Traveller printouts. Some are so old they are on continuous printer paper, in dot matrix. I imagine many of the original files have disappeared ; they were hosted on services that no longer exist.
SpinwardMarch
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Pulpatoon »

December isn't interested in weapons and armor, and doesn't have much use for the available computer tech, so he looks for medical supplies.
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Jernau35 »

Jrec is going to pick up a Shotgun, two magazines and some Cloth armor. Cr 530?

I thought about getting a pistol with a silencer, thinking it might come in handy if/when we have to sneak around the research station. But then I figured it's probably not legal to buy a silencer, and even if it is, it might attract attention from the law anyway.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Jrec:
Cloth armor: Cr 250
Shotgun: Cr 150
2 magazines: Cr 20
subtotal: Cr 420

and the personal comm unit Cr 100
total Cr 520

December:
I have not been able to find a "First Aid Kit" or medical kit in the original 3 books.
The 1982 edition has a tech 7, full doctor's med kit, for Cr 1000.

(GM fiat)You can get a reasonable amount of tech 5 medical supplies for around Cr 75 at a local pharmacy. They will be very basic- alcohol, gauze, bandages, ointments. Antibiotics, or any modern medications are not available at the local sources. They may be available at the "import" shops, but will be quite expensive.
SpinwardMarch
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by SpinwardMarch »

While shopping, someone finds a sales brochure for submersibles:

"Built at the Margrave Shipyards, the H-6 is part of their H-Series of submersibles. This is the latest offering in their petrol-powered undersea vehicles. They feature several of our new thick glass observation ports, and a large searchlight mounted in the bow for safe navigation."

Specs
Displacement: 350 tons surfaced, 430 tons submerged
Dimensions: 45.0 meters long, by 4.5 meters high, by 3.7 meters wide. Maximum diameter is near the center, at 4.5 meters.
Crew Compliment: Eight. Four in the engine room, ( two minimum), four in operations. Full crew is a captain, first mate, chief engineer, and up to five additional deck hands.
Machinery: Two diesels, two electric motors with battery sets.
Fuel Capacity: 16 tons
Navigation: Sensitive magnetic compass

Performance:
Speed, Surfaced: Full speed, 21 kph, Radius 3200 km. Cruise speed, 16 kph., Radius, 4400 km.
Speed, Submerged: Full speed, 18 kph, Radius 800 km, Cruise speed, 5kph, Radius, 1600 km.

Total capacity: Twelve persons and eight tons of cargo.
SpinwardMarch
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Pulpatoon »

December will buy the first-aid kit, but will also check out the import stores, just in case.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by ybn1197 »

I want to apologize to everyone for being away. The last couple of weeks have been rough. A few weeks ago, my wife lost a friend of her's to a stroke. She was only 47 years old and a single mom. She leaves behind a 21 year old and a 15 year old. Thankfully the boys' father is still in their lives and they have moved in with him. A couple of days later, a friend of my son committed suicide. Once we recovered from that, my maternal grandmother passed away in her sleep after almost 93 years of good living. I'm not looking for sympathy or condolences, just understanding why I have been absent.

My character has 1,000 credits and a revolver. How many rounds does he start with for the revolver? How much do extra rounds cost?

Return to “Research Station Gamma (Classic Traveller)”