Chapter 2: The adventure continues...

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Chapter 2: The adventure continues...

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grog still under the charm spell nods his head yes "Grog er enig i å ta kvinner og barn langt fra byen, aldri å komme tilbake."
"Grog agree to take women and children long ways from town never to return."
After those that understand orcish translate to those that do not the Grog and the remaining orcs leave the cavern complex and head the opposite direction of Stallenford.

The group brings back all they salvaged from the complex upper level and helps Aralic back to the town.

RETURN TO STALLANFORD
The townsfolk will greet the PCs as heroes upon Aralic’s return, and make sure they are you are all treated to a superb meal at the Hungry Halfling. People point to you all in the street and wave. The treatment and praise gives you all a bit of local glory and pride as the town gets back to normal, preparing for the King’s Festival, now that Aralic is back with them. There is an armorer, a dwarf named Dalmarek, that the townfolk tell the adventurers of claiming he makes good armor for affordable prices. Dalmarek even has plate mail
that can be bought except elves-the dwarf does not make it in elven size. There is even word of the down's old mage Reggie that might help with the potions or identifying any magical items that might have been found though like Aralic, Reggie is an older fellow.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 2: The adventure continues...

#2 Post by Rex »

Egon

Egon will go pay a visit to Dalmarek.

"Hale Dalmarek, I am Egon the clanless. I am wondering if you have anything of use to me that would be better than what I already have. I prefer leather armor, nothing heavier, as good a shield as you have and maybe a battle axe."

Egon pulls out his loaded purse and wags it in front of the dwarf. "Good coin here."
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by tarlyn »

Delsenora

The dark elf accompanies Alaric to the elder man's temple safely with any party member

who wishes to accompany her. Inside, she donates 100 gp to the temple and assured that Alaric will

be fine, she departs and heads over to see this Reggie.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."
GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Harribal Flatfeet tags along with Egon and elbows him then whispers to him "Psst what about that dwarf bracelet you found maybe he knows something about it."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by shaidar »

Weston will head over to see Reggie too, we have two potions (at least) that need identifying, and he'd be interested in scrolls.
alver
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by alver »

Urtesi goes to the market to get iron rations, a waterskin and some candles.

Items added, money subtracted.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rex »

Egon

Whispering to Harribal "Thanks, forgot about it in the confusion of getting back."
To Dalmarek "Dalmarek, we found this dwarven bracelet. It looks like the Orc's killed the dwarf who wore it and I would like to see it returned to his clan. Do you by chance recognize the clan mark?"
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Nordbo »

Talrand

also eager to look at Reggie's scroll assortment, goes along with Weston.
GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote:Egon

Whispering to Harribal "Thanks, forgot about it in the confusion of getting back."
To Dalmarek "Dalmarek, we found this dwarven bracelet. It looks like the Orc's killed the dwarf who wore it and I would like to see it returned to his clan. Do you by chance recognize the clan mark?"
Dalmarek eyes go wide seeing a look of recognition and remorse "Aye I know the dwarf it was taken from and would like ta return it to me friend’s family. If ya want I'll pay ya 35 gold for it."

----------------------------
Reggie the mage an older man from the looks of it older than Aralic the cleric comes out of a back room carrying a book and a bunch of other items and carries them over to the counter and sets them down "Uh oh patrons. Sorry I didn't hear you come in. How might I be of service? I'm Reggie the town mage."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rex »

Egon

"Thank you Dalmarek. I need no money just your word that you will see it makes it to his family." Egon looks around the shop a bit. "Do you have anything that might benefit me for sale? I have some gold I am willing to part with for the right item."
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by tarlyn »

Delsenora at Reggie's

"Hello, hello and good day to you sir! We are adventurer's and have acquired several magical items

we would like to have identified. We would gladly pay you to have them identified or I could give you free healing or clerical

services you may have need of? My two friends here wish to speak with you as well."
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by Nordbo »

Talrand

at a suitable moment identifies himself to the venerable elderman with a polite and respectable hand sign, known only to those of the magical profession, and greets the mage: "Greetings good Sir, Talrand the lowly prestigidator at your service. Might we peruse your trove of items for sale ? I am somewhat a collector of scrolls, should you have any to offer within the reach of my humble means."
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by shaidar »

Weston bows the to aged mage

"Greetings honoured sir. I am Weston Turville, priest of Azuth. I have accompanied my friends for a number of reasons. Firstly, as a cleric of Azuth I felt it is my duty to introduce myself and ask if there is any assistance I can provide. Secondly, I too am interested in any items or scrolls you might have. Lastly, I was wondering if you knew the history of this area, as we have been told that the orcs that kidnapped his holiness Alaric have released some kind of evil and I was wondering if you might know anything of this"
Last edited by shaidar on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Elanriel

Though Elanriel accepts her share, she doesn't show any active interest in the loot. She's happy to be back in the relative safety of Stallanford but also a little uncomfortable at the extra attention they are being given and being treated like heroes by the townsfolk.

Quietly she tags along with Delsenora to see Aralic back to his temple and then to Reggie the mage's. At this point, she's not particularly looking for anything other than healing and to clean up and rest.
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by tarlyn »

Delsenora

Once Reggie replies, the dark elf suddenly realizes her new friend Elanriel is injured!

"Elanriel, while the men talk about magic and scrolls, I can heal you. Just give me ten minutes to get

Eilistraee's blessing to heal you."

Moving away from the rest of the group. Delsenora prays for ten minutes to receive a healing spell

for Elanriel.

Cure Light Wounds on Elanriel [1d8] = 2

OOC : Okay well 2 hp is better than none I suppose LOL
GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Reggie returns Talrand's gestured greeting though you can tell the man has a bit of arthritis in his hands. He raises a bushy eyebrow "Hmm well I certainly can identify the items for a price fifty gold per item. The potions I may be able to indentify them fairly swiftly been toyin with potions for ages. The items will take me a good day I could tell you what they are by tomorrow morning." adjusting his spectacles he watches the dark elf with a keen eye for someone of his age as she heals the Elanriel "You are an interesting one for one of your kind aren't ya?" he says to Delsenora. Then remembering they asked to see what he has for sale he gestures to the shelves and the glass window in the front of the counter. "Scrolls, potions, spell components I got, I've got a few rings, rods and wands that may suite you or one of the couple amulets. What are yah looking for exactly?" he say before going back to the question about the orcs. Scratching his forehead he says "Orcs been a real nuisance to the town. They come raidin the place ever so often an took the town cleric though I'm glad ya got him back to us. I haven't the faitest idea what them orcs would have dug up. Nothin good if it's below their lair I'd be wary of undead or critters that feed on the dead. Who knows there are all sorts of things underground to uncover. If Aralic says it's evil then I'd take his word for it."
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dalmarek nods his head to Egon "Aye alright. I'll see it back to the family as they're close friends of mine. If yah want no reward that's fine by me but I'll offer yah a discount anytime yah shop ere." he puts the bracelet in a small chest for safe keeping. "Now what were yah thinkin bout fer armor? I got some pretty basic stuff an some dwarven chain if yer interested. If not Reggie made up some stuff i can use ta enhance leather armor with."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by shaidar »

Weston blushes

"Well sir, our funds are somewhat limited, so I think it would be potions or scrolls"
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rex »

Egon

"The enhanced leather would be perfect. I am a Wayfinder and prefer to keep my armor light and quite. I have 600gp." Egon hands over his money pouch with 600gp in it. "If that doesn't do it, how much more would?"
Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Elanriel

"Delthenora, wait," Elanriel responds, looking concerned and holding a gentle hand up to ward off her friends insistence. "I am truly grateful but my woundth are not tho grave. You have injurieth worthe than mine and you have not rethted. Pleathe, uthe Eilithtraee'th blething to heal yourthelf. It ith my fault you are injured and I am deeply thorry for that. I failed you. You might have died through my clumthineth and, had that happened, I would never have been able to forgive mythelf."
GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote:Egon

"The enhanced leather would be perfect. I am a Wayfinder and prefer to keep my armor light and quite. I have 600gp." Egon hands over his money pouch with 600gp in it. "If that doesn't do it, how much more would?"
Dalmarek holds a hand up "Half payment now tha other after I complete the work. Do ya want me ta work on yer armor or new leather? 500 gold will cover it for the process to enhance it. New leather wont cost ya extra consider it payment for the return of tha bracelet."
---------------------------------
shaidar wrote:Weston blushes

"Well sir, our funds are somewhat limited, so I think it would be potions or scrolls"
Reggie replies to Weston "Well do ya want to wait on the potions until I tell you what you already found?" he says pointing to the two potions that were found in the orc caverns. "I've been making potions for years I could probably tell you just by looking those over and smelling them."

Return to “Archive”