The Bolt Hole (OOC)

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

The Bolt Hole (OOC)

#1 Post by ybn1197 »

This will be the location for Out-of-Character comments.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Bolt Hole (OOC)

#2 Post by MonkeyWrench »

does any one else think butt hole when first reading bolt hole?
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by Antman9 »

My first thought was to be a Special Ops Sniper (Marine Corps) with a Master's degree in Chemical Engineering. Is this reasonable?:

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/ ... s3733.aspx
Military snipers traditionally have struggled to defend their image in the public eye. “Some people think that we are the sneaky guys who just go out and indiscriminately kill,” said Master Sgt. Mark Carey, an instructor at the Special Warfare Training Group at Fort Bragg, N.C. The reality is that, “in the military, we talk discipline and controlled fire,” he said.

The selection process to become a special operations sniper is rigorous, he said at a National Defense Industrial Association’s armaments conference. “You do not want a power shooter,” he said.

The soldiers selected are “above-average intelligence for the most part; they are independent, self-disciplined; they have to demonstrate marksmanship ability and field craft skills, and they have to be cleared by a Defense Department psychiatrist,” to eliminate the possibility that they might snap, Carey said. “At least, we are hoping that nobody is going to get out there and do the wrong thing some day.”

The Defense Department operates seven sniper schools. Three belong to the Marine Corps, three to the Army and one to the Army National Guard. Training ranges between two to eight weeks, and snipers will acquire precision shooting skills, observer skills and field-craft techniques. While conventional snipers can train for eight to 24 hours without food, the special operations snipers go out for 10 days and subsist on MREs and water, Carey said.

It is possible to be a sniper and be assigned to other duties, Carey explained, but increasingly the sniper is becoming a primary capability within special operations. The Marine Corps, he acknowledged, always has considered being a sniper a primary duty.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_engineering
Chemical engineering is a branch of engineering that applies the natural (or experimental) sciences (e.g. chemistry and physics) and life sciences (e.g. biology, microbiology and biochemistry) together with mathematics and economics to produce, transform, transport, and properly use chemicals, materials and energy. It essentially deals with the engineering of chemicals, energy and the processes that create and/or convert them. Modern chemical engineers are concerned with processes that convert raw materials or chemicals into more useful or valuable forms. They are also concerned with pioneering valuable materials and related techniques – which are often essential to related fields such as nanotechnology, fuel cells and bioengineering.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I'm planning on choosing a civil Engineer with the focus towards Environmental Engineering.

I'm assuming all the remaining water in this wasteland will be Irradiated!
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

looks like it says the bolt hole to me guess you butt holes can't read :P j/k but yeah... ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Mister-Kent »

I was thinking about an ex-soldier who's now something like a science teacher, electrician, or mechanic. He's secretly worried that his recruiters valued him more for his military accomplishments than his technical expertise...
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by thesniperknight1 »

I will play a prodigy scientist who is a bit weird and lacking in common social skills.

He was clearly different from the other kids even at the early age of 4, he didn't really enjoy playing with the other kids, he went to his room writing mathematical problems and solving them over and over again. At preschool he drove his teacher to quit because she felt inferior to a 5 year old, and that caused a whole mess for his parents. His parents first thought it was just a phase but it clearly wasn't since he finished high school at the age of 8. Many prestigious colleges offered scholarships but the boy wasn't interested one bit.

He would often spend his time at his uncle's small laboratory where he would experiment in all sort of fields, he always follows whatever interested him with all his power and computer science was always at the peak of his interests. He rarely hated people and even more rarely liked them but he liked his uncle, he was a sweet and gentle man who have always took care of him since his parents were away often.

When he was 13, news of his parents dying in a car accident hit him hard, he felt grief but didn't know how to act, he was confused and end up not attending the funeral. He worked harder on experiments that day more than any other and he didn't even understand why. At the age of 21 he was approached by a representative of the Morrow Project and he was interested, he didn't do it to save humanity or to survive himself, he did it simply because h it interested him.

He is a child genius who has no social skills whatsoever, he follows whatever interests him regardless of good or evil and he pursues it to great lengths. He doesn't get close to people easily unless he finds them interesting.

-----------

I didn't see a butt hole, I saw a bullet hole......bad combination XD

Antman, ask me anything about snipers, it's my last name.......literally XD just kidding, don't really know much about them
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm having a heck of a time trying to do this but my mind is not in it. YBN is it too late to pull out of this and not cause much trouble? Nothing against anyone just my mind is not able to get with it at this time.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by ybn1197 »

I understand GW. I would never make someone stay in a game which they have no interest in. I'll catch you in one of our other games.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Antman9 »

Awe..GW...Come back, we miss you...

:cry:

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by Mister-Kent »

I'm off for a few days so I'll get to really focus on this chargen :D
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by Antman9 »

ypn1197,

Are you ok with the background I posted in the "Character Creation" thread? Just want to make sure I'm good to go so I can complete my character sheet.

I guess this kind of applies to everyone else too. I'm open to changing my character to meet the group's need.

So far we have:

thesniperknight1: A young prodigy scientist
MonkeyWrench: A civil Engineer with the focus towards Environmental Engineering
Antman9 (me): Chemical Engineer (3/4)/Spec Ops Sniper (1/4)
Mister-Kent: An ex-soldier who's now something like a science teacher, electrician, or mechanic

I haven't played a game like this before so I'm not sure what kind of characters are typically played.

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

i am missed lol well i just am feeling as i did with torchbearer overwhelmed and utterly lost/confused. Plus with not knowing i was going to be getting into Norjax's game so soon an additional game I don't feel capable of managing the game load beyond what i am now in. I appreciate all the missing of me even though i am not leaving the website guys ;)

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by thesniperknight1 »

R.I.P GW...wait what? goodbye, it would have been more fun with you in it but I guess it can't be helped, I am starting in this game for the first time AND torchbearer simultaneously so I know how you feel :?
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by ybn1197 »

Antman9 wrote:ybn1197,

Are you ok with the background I posted in the "Character Creation" thread? Just want to make sure I'm good to go so I can complete my character sheet.

I guess this kind of applies to everyone else too. I'm open to changing my character to meet the group's need.
I'm fine with all the character concepts that have been proposed. Please make sure you read up on the affects of aging. I posted it below your post in the character creation thread.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by MrHemlocks »

Guys, I am backing out on game. I cut back to just 3-4 PbP games. Thanks for the opportunity... Let some take over my character spot.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Sad to see you go

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by ybn1197 »

Sorry to see you go.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by Antman9 »

That leaves 4 of us so far, correct?

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by ybn1197 »

That is correct. As long as all four are still interested, we will proceed.

Return to “What if there is no tomorrow? (Aftermath!)”