[Game #1] Main Group's Current Thread

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: [Game #1] Main Group's Current Thread

#141 Post by Landifarne »

Moving forward, Sulara and Vonnn meet the giant rats' directly, with Aurora on their left, hugging the northern wall. Hempel darts back, intent on pulling off some kind of scheme, while Arkthren backs away from the mass of creatures that are flooding in. Osan and Stanilus form a second rank, with Stanilus holding the torch in one hand.

Arkthren fumbles for a torch and then lights it from Stanilus' brand. Flinging the thing over the heads of his companions, it lands amongst the oncoming rats- which flow around it after a bit of confusuon on their part.

Dropping into a crouch and keeping the wall to het left shoulder, Aurora levels her spear and attempts to skewer one of the inrushing rats: Aurora's Attempted Skewering: [1d20] = 14

Aurora's Damage: [1d6] = 2 Piercing the creature, her spear stabs through the thing's body and it snaps its teeth a few times before dying.

The rats bridged the 30' distance and Sulara and Vonnn can attack some of the remaining 11 rats.

Pat and Gabe can have Sulara and Vonn attack the moving rats this round. Then, everyone except Ythgar state what you're doing next round [I'm taking over Aurora unless Brendon comes in]. If attacking next round go ahead and roll for hits and damage. Arkthren will begin casting Affect Normal Fires next round.

I'll take the initiative roll of the last one to respond for the next round and then roll the rats' initiative. This will determine when your stated actions take place (i.e. whether your actions preceded the rats' attacks).

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#142 Post by NJWilliam »

Osan Taan

Osan hurls his aklys at the nearest rat, but it is a clumsy attempt.

Osan Aklys: to hit [1d20] = 4, damage [1d4] = 2

DM's note to the rest of players: This is Osan's action for the next round, as he and Stanilus spent their last round fidgeting with the torches and moving up (as the rats moved forward). Aurora, Sulara and Vonnn responded with attacks (with Sulara and Vonnn not having rolled yet) while the others kept their selves busy doing other things. The actions of the first round got confused and I'm attempting to rectify them.

I hate to write over player's posts, but I want to clear any confusion. -Steve
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#143 Post by Landifarne »

Should have put this in previous post

Having dropped a torch down the new sinkhole, Osan and Stanilus see that the drop extends about thirty feet, just a little shorter than the first sinkhole's depth. At the bottom of the pit the two see rocks and debris, and a length of rope that seems to be the rest of the piece that is anchored above. The floor below looks wet and slick, but nothing seems out of place other than the rope.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by Pulpatoon »

Hempel, still smarting from his last encounter with giant rats, will bide his time and pick his attacks as carefully as circumstances allow.

[1d20] = 11
[1d4] = 2

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#145 Post by Sulara »

Sulara swings and....misses!

Attack 1 d20 = 2

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by PyroArrow »

Ok, so after Stanilus sees what lies below in the sinkhole & moves up to enage the rats, with Long Sword drawn, he
looks to see if any are coming straight at him or if he can assist another companion.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

imswayze
Tracker
Tracker

#147 Post by imswayze »

Vonnn really wants to hold his ground defending those who are not totally ready to battle, so his attack will be limited to nearby rats.

attack: [1d20] = 8

war hammer damage: [1d4] = 4+1

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#148 Post by Landifarne »

Sorry for the delays, I've been working on RL stuff for a while.

For attack determination purposes: Arkthren=1; Aurora=2; Hemp=3; Osan=4; Stanilus=5; Sulara=6; Vonnn=7

I determined all of the rats' targets and attacks before realizing that the next round hadn't started (and initiative rolled). I'll straighten out this combat today and get things back on track. My failure to spell out the sequencing of eveyone's initiative and actions (along with my delays and our jumbled posts) has made me confused.

I'm going to begin rolling for the party's initiative, to avoid players declaring actions after the initiaive roll is known. Please don't post anything until I resolve this today...

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#149 Post by Landifarne »

All right, here we go...

Sulara, Vonnn, Aurora (if FreeBird is posting) and Stanilus state next round's actions. Sulara, Vonnn and Aurora are in the front rank, with Stanilus and Osan behind them. Arkthren has stepped back and will be casting his spell, while Hempel was sneaking around (presumably around the right hand side). If FreeBird doesn't post I'll take over his character. Stanilus can move up/right and attack, as the rats are now within 10'.

Osan and Hempel have already stated that they are attacking (and already rolled...both missing), so they must await the next round.

I will roll both DM and player initiative after you state your actions. Hopefully we can get this all going again!

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#150 Post by Sulara »

Sulara swings her axe at the nearest rat

1 d20 = 12 +1 = 13

Damage 2 d4 = 2+4+1=7

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by PyroArrow »

Ok, then Stanilus will move up & right & attack:

Stanilus' move & swing of his Long Sword was more of a warning swing to the rats:
To Hit: [1d20] = 4
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)

imswayze
Tracker
Tracker

#152 Post by imswayze »

Damage: [1d4] = 2+1

Attack: [1d20] = 12

Vonnn will also attacketh the nearest rat....

Sorry if this is a mess. Did it on my phone.

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#153 Post by Landifarne »

Giant Rats' Initiative: [1d10] = 4
Character' Initiative: [1d10] = 7

The rats surge into the adventurers, milling with the party and creatin confusion...

Giant Rats' Targets, Forst Set: [1d7] = 6 [1d7] = 3 [1d7] = 6 [1d7] = 3 [1d7] = 1
Rats' Targets, Second Set: [1d7] = 5 [1d7] = 7 [1d7] = 4 [1d7] = 3 [1d7] = 1
Rat Target, Last One: [1d7] = 3

Arkthren is attacked twice, Hempel is attacked four times (apparently, it pays to be sneaky), Sulara twice, and Osan, Stanilus and Vonnn once each.

Two griant rats attempt to sink their sharp teeth into the concentrating mage's legs: Attacks on Arkthren: [1d20] = 5 [1d20] = 11. Neither attack is successful, and the mage gets his spell off! Unfortunately, the pack of creatures has swarmed past the thrown torch...

Hempel the thief is singled out...perhaps because of his feral smell (or, probably because he was slinking away): Attacks on Hempel: [1d20] = 20 [1d20] = 20 [1d20] = 15. All three rats bite the unfortunate man, causing significant damage- Damage to Hempel: [1d3] = 3 [1d3] = 1 [1d3] = 3. Hempel goes down, under a pile of the four rats. Fallen, he is sure to die if no one takes action!

The northern fighter receives two of the beasts: Attacks on Sulara: [1d20] = 6 [1d20] = 7, both of which fail to get past her staunch defense.

And Osan, Stanilus and Vonnn pair off with an individual. Lightning fast, the ferret-like things strike at the humans (and dwarf): Attacks on the Three: [1d20] = 19 [1d20] = 1 [1d20] = 17. The wilder and dwarf each suffer a bite, the rats' incisors doing some damage- Damage to Osan and Vonnn: [1d3] = 1 [1d3] = 3.

Turning, Aurora attempts to spear one of the rats that is attacking Arkthren: Aurora's Spear Attack: [1d20] = 10. The thing squirms away, avoiding the point of her weapon.

Sulara and Vonnn each kill one of the beasts, the barbarian woman cleanly slicing one of the things in two. Vonnn's hammer brains the animal that wounded him, flattening it to the ground.

Looking about, the dwarf sees nine of the beasts left- with four of the things poised to eat the tasty Felderman.

Hempel is down to -1 HP (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) and will bleed out 1 HP each round (assuming that the rats don't kill him). Please state your actions for next round and I'll roll initiative again.

EDIT: I see that I didn't roll one of the rats' attacks on Hempel...sorry Pulp. Here it goes: Attack on Hempel: [1d20] = 13. It misses Hempel! Vonnn and Osan need to roll % dice to see if they're diseased. 1-5% indicates diseased. If Hempel is made healthy he'll have to roll three times (so far).

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#154 Post by Sulara »

Sulara turns to face the nearest rat and attacks

1d20= 13+1= 14
2d4= 3+2+1=6

imswayze
Tracker
Tracker

#155 Post by imswayze »

Uh, not a great start to the first battle sequence.

Vonnn is smarting pretty bad from that chunk of flesh he just lost, but his clerical instincts kick in when he sees the tailor go down with rats engulfing him. I assume Vonnn killed the rat that bit him, so his actions are open at this point. Hempel needs to be healed quick, so Vonnn moves toward Hempel--duckin' and dodgin' rats as best as possible--and attempts to cast cure light wounds on Hempel. I am not sure if Vonnn is able to get his spell cast without becoming the rats' next easy pickens, so he had better assess for a second, and attempt to bash a rat for one round if the rat seems to pose a threat to Vonnn's ability to survive casting his spell. Sorry, I thought of the second part after I had typed the first action. So, I guess kill a rat first if necessary to safely cast a spell. Sorry Hempel.

Disease roll: [1d100] = 85
Attack roll, if needed (nice!): [1d20] = 17
Damage (dang it!)[1d4] = 1+1
Last edited by imswayze on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by PyroArrow »

Ok, After Stanilus', ahem, warning swing at the Rat, & seeing Hemple becoming a tasty morsel. He looks at the now enlarged flames to see if anything else caught fire, which can be used on the Rats & hollers to the others about Hemple & getting something in the flames to use on the rats.

Next round, Stanilus takes another swing at the Rat on him:
To Hit: [1d20] = 13

Long Sword (Damage): [1d8] = 7
Last edited by PyroArrow on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Player:

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Pulpatoon »

Hempel focuses on being as unpleasant tasting as possible.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#158 Post by NJWilliam »

Osan Taan

Osan kicks at the rat that bit him, and strikes with his aklys.

Osan Aklys: to hit [1d20] = 13, damage [1d4] = 2
Osan Disease Roll (diseased on 1-5): [1d100] = 33
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#159 Post by Landifarne »

Rats' Initiative: [1d10] = 3
Players' Initiative: [1d10] = 5

Oh dear, I think Hemp's gonna be RIP'ed

Mumbo Jumbo Roll: [1d100] = 49

The nine remaining rats do not seemed deterred by the loss of a few of their numbers. With blood in the air the creatures fly into a frenzy...

Random Targets: [1d7] = 2 [1d7] = 4 [1d7] = 6 [1d7] = 7 [1d7] = 2
More Random Targets: [1d7] = 1 [1d7] = 2 [1d7] = 4 [1d7] = 6

Surging off the immobile Hempel [the god's of poor taste are with him], the giant rats attempt to slay everyone in sight!

One of the rats attempts to bite Arkthren's calf: Attack on Arkthren: [1d20] = 1. Lumbering after the man, the diseased thing can't keep up with the mage.

Three of the creatures atack the young witch, intent on pulling her down: Attacks on Aurora: [1d20] = 6 [1d20] = 14 [1d20] = 2. One of the beasts gnashes the woman in the thigh, causing her to scream in frustration and pain (Damage to Aurora: [1d3] = 1).

The wilder is accosted by two of the things: Attacks on Osan: [1d20] = 18 [1d20] = 7. Biting through the dirty remnants that comprise his clothes, one fo the rats gets through the druid's attempts to squirm away, causing severe damage (Damage ot Osan: [1d3] = 3).

Despite having slain some of their bretheren, Sulara and Vonnn have rats lunge at them: Attacks on Sulara and Vonnn: [1d20] = 12 [1d20] = 5. Missing, the last two snap at the air as the most experienced of the party dodge around.

Caught off guard by the rats' fierce attacks on Hempel, his companions slash and hack at the beasts.

Aurora's Attack: [1d20] = 6. Aurora misses one of the animals with her spear, a wild look in her eyes. Luckily, Osan, Stanilus, Vonnn and Sulara make short work of four of the beasts- neatly smashing and skewering the things after regaining their composure.

Ignored for a minute, Hempel bleeds some of his life blood into the damp floor. He is getting cold.

Aurora was hit: Aurora' s Disease Roll: [1d100] = 62, but is not diseased. Osan needs to make a similar roll. I currently have Hempel at -2 HP, Osan at 3 less than before, and Aurora at 4 HP. Arkthren's dancing around, confused at the situation. Go ahead and state next round's actions rolling, if attacking.

Pulp: If Hemp dies I guess you can take over Aurora...

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by PyroArrow »

Stanilus Perri (Human Male Fighter (Bard) HP: 7/7 AC:8/10/8:

Stanilus is pondering the flames & thinking of at least using it as a shield, while shouting,

"Anyone with Healing spells/potions get to Hemple & the rest will cover you!"

Stanilus takes another swing at a rodent and:

To Hit: [1d20] = 1

Once again it's a warning to the vermin to stay away!

Player:

Return to “Wardens of the North Campaign [1E Homebrew]”