A Crossing of Paths

hedgeknight
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

A Crossing of Paths

#1 Post by hedgeknight »

In the middle of road, Tommy suddenly turns and faces Scalm, the Tiefling. He looks deep into her dark eyes and says something about his companion, something about being the strong, silent type and not wasting words. Scalm isn't really listening because she is too busy trying to ascertain the colors of the Tabaxi's eyes.
Almost in a blink, he knows she can be trusted and says, the bathhouse of course, why didn't i think of that before, the repellant is perfect, heard there may be issues with some reptiles in the waterways, don't know if small one or bigger, but what i do know is that the Vanthampur's have more coin and we will save them from this trouble, never hurts to be on their good side, we'll leave the docks as option B, 
lets go to the bathhouse over in Heapside

Scalm smiles and nods and the trio turns to find themselves face to face with Captain Hook and his pet Alligator...or at least that is the children's story that comes to mind when they see the pair looking at them. The old sailor speaks up and brings them back to reality:
"You know its true. Your furry friend has fleas, tell him he needs a bath at the Nymph.

The horned one worships the demon. It is in his blood. They are leading you astray.

Repent of your sins before your soul is taken."

The Drow backs away and mutters something under his breath and takes off running down the street.
(Vier'zt is now an NPC...should you meet him again.)

The Tiefling scowls and draws a dagger. "Who are you, old man, to judge me?" she says, taking a defensive stance.

The lizard man is an imposing figure, standing taller than anyone around!
Lesh.jpg
Lesh.jpg (35.78 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
Actions?
Winter is coming...
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

Re: A Crossing of Paths

#2 Post by Belkregos »

surprised by the sudden apparition and without context for the confrontation the tabaxi at first is unsure of how to react but as the actions quickly escalate and weapons being drawn he tries to gets his wits back about him

shows his empty hands out gesturing in a downwards motion

whoa whoa!
lets relax a bit before this becomes more than nasty words and bad ideas...

looking between the giant lizard fella and back to Scalm he tries to de escalate and takes a guess of where this could come from
im sure theres an antidote or some perfume to counteract the repellent, im sure we can work something here
unsure if they'll have to fight out of this one he remains cautious but ready to react, he's eyes darting between the present the the back side of the drow running away
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

"Who am I? No one, save the voice of one calling in the wilderness over this lost city, 'repent for the dread gods prepare their resurrection. Woe to the city for the blood of every innocent slain, every victim of murder and strife, their souls to succour the demon in his chains until He can manifest in power again."

As usual he bursts out in prophetic 'doom and gloom' which most struggle to comprehend, himself included. It seems as if his telepathic mind link to the drow was verbalised. The voices in his head messing with his voice in others.

"My pardon. Words slip from my tongue like water from a duck's back." he makes a short bow with his head to the tiefling, doffing his tricorn hat while gesticulating with his hook hand and leaning in his scrimshaw spear.

He mutters something 'unintelligible', sounding a strange foreign tongue of syllables and baritone pitch.
He actually addresses the tiefling in a form of Abyssal or Deep Speech, basically asking her pardon and using an honorific title such as 'Domina' or Lady of the House, and refering to her tiefling ancestry as resulting from a pact with the demonic and that he too is cursed by an oath bound pact.

Not sure how that comes across. He tries to infer "hey, I am just cursed by a demonic pact and you being a tiefling will know all about that because of your ancestry so you might have a bit more grace with me despite my lack of it"
He looks down the alley to the departing drow.

"Your companion departs. Mourn not for him or others who have departed." refering to Ostis though he knows him not.

"My companion and I seek the bath-house too, a place to wash our bodies and sins. And there are many sins washed away in the cisterns there."
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by hedgeknight »

Scalm portrait.jpg
Scalm portrait.jpg (81.29 KiB) Viewed 1038 times

Scalm fixes her violet eyes on Ambergris as he "mutters" to her, cocking her head to the side, revealing her gleaming white teeth with a smile. In a low whisper, Scalm hisses, Alv smiz eizral miw haf kh zmy wmarz miurw, Cieziul Haac?
Xe oryydh wadv ph wafd za Dylvir, zmy Livh ao zmy Nuqmz! Iz uw myr jauty xe myir ul ph vryipw.

Ambergris:
And what patron has you by the short hairs, Captain Hook? I freely sold my soul to Dendar, the Lady of the Night! It is her voice I hear in my dreams.
Winter is coming...
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

"A drowning man swears many oaths. The Night Serpent holds me to mine. And now my dreams are haunted with visions of distress. The Dead 3 are manifesting and my vocation is but to serve. They are to be stopped before great woe arises and the city is overwhelmed with a tsunami of bloodshed.

My comrade, Lesh of Kelemvor has a quest to fulfill that aligns with such noble ambitions . It may be our paths mingle. Shall we all walk together?"
Tell
Guide
Guide

#6 Post by Tell »

"It may be our paths mingle. Shall we all walk together?"

Lesh not understanding why Hook Hand addressed the Drow in the first place and not understanding the conversation in Infernal words between Ambergris and the "Blue Horn Lady" doesn't relax. The name "Night Serpent" sounds serious and they may have to speak on this soon. "Lady, do you to the Nymph travel? What repellant is? Whoa, cat big." Anything else he means to say is lost as he sees the Tabaxi. He thinks it would be a great meal until he catches himself and squashes the thought.
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by Belkregos »

hearing the change in tone, Tommy nods, 
Tell wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:19 am "It may be our paths mingle. Shall we all walk together?"
yes, we're headed to the bath house, i guess there's no harm in walking together,
he gestures in the direction and starts to walk 

Tell wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:19 am Whoa, cat big."
tommy smiles
had a similar thought when i saw you
Lesh of Kelemvor then? im Tommy
then looks to the old sailor
im not sure caught your name?
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
Tell
Guide
Guide

#8 Post by Tell »

Lesh gives a nod to Tommy and begins to walk along side him but not having forgotten to keep an eye on Born Horn Lady...
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by hedgeknight »

Which direction are you walking? All of you were headed in the direction of the harbor...specifically, Tommy, Scalm, and the Drow were going to the Low Lantern; Ambergris & Lesh were going to the Elfsong Tavern. Same general direction.
Winter is coming...
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Belkregos »

OOC: we decided to go to the bathhouse in Heapside,
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

Suddenly stops. "What day is it?" he asks.

He pulls from his pocket the old invitation note given to Willow Brownbug
This be Mandorcai's Mansion. It's in Bloomridge, a few blocks south of the Smilin' Boar cafe; near the wall that juts into Sea Gate
"It was an invitation to call in on Ukhtar 4th. All I know is a lot of folks are disappearing and a lot are getting murdered. Maybe in the sewers below the Nymph bath-house, maybe in the rickety derelict mansion."

If by chance it is the same day ... He suggests we go there and gatehouse any party. Otherwise he trudges back to the Elfsong if folk are not willing to go to the Nymph immediately.
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by Belkregos »

OOC: is te nymph the same bathhouse as the one in Heapside? i thought they were the same
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by hedgeknight »

The reason I asked where you guys are going is because in the two threads your characters came from, you had decided on a different location.
From "In Search of a Song," Ambergris and Lesh decided to go back to the Elfsong Tavern for the night and then visit the bathhouse in the early morning hours, after they had rested and reloaded their spells.
From "Sorcerous Sundries," Tommy and Vier'zt decided to go back to the Low Lantern and see if they could ascertain where the Vanthampur's were up to. On the way, they met Scalm, the Tiefling.

It is currently around 7 PM or so, foggy, close to dusk. The streets are already fairly dark, thus, the green globe lights in the post lamps and outside of buildings.
So, you've decided to go to the bathhouse now and not in the morning, is that correct?
Winter is coming...
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

I do need a long rest to recuperate, without certain abilities and carrying an injury, it would be foolish for me to jump straight into potential conflict.

I am also keen on recruiting more folk to help us spy out the place. I am fine with returning to the Elfsong if we can all agree to meet at the Nymph in the morning. Unless soaking in a bath with half naked floosies counts as a long rest. If so, I am willing to scout out the Nymph this evening.
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by Belkregos »

OOC: Tommy is trying to find Mortlok as he thinks he is "the scarred face man" that has been mentioned could have kidnaped the lady from the blade and stars, the plan was to follow Amirk from the low lantern to see if he would lead them to his brother but when talking to the tiefling we found out Mortlok runs the bathhouse so we change course when the last scene happened

at this point Tommy is still trying to find out any clue on the whereabouts of Aurayaun (or if she is still alive) he's not planning to start a fight but he thinks she could be being tortured and would be better to find her sooner so he wants to go there and investigate

on Ambergris, i think warlocks recover spell slots after a short rest

does it make sense?
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Spearmint »

Yes it makes sense.

I am fine with going to the Nymph now.
Tell
Guide
Guide

#17 Post by Tell »

I'd like to stay together but Lesh needs a long rest, he doesn't care where, before we visit the Nymph.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by hedgeknight »

Scalm watches the interchange between the Tabaxi, the Lizard Man, and the middle-aged sailor. With a sigh, she puts her hands on her hips and tosses her hair. "So...what's the plan? We going to the docks or to the bathhouse?"
Winter is coming...
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

Thinks.

did I get an answer to my date question, 4th Ukhtar?

"You know, going to check a place out might be easier if we knew a bit of the lay of the land. As long as we don't get into any fracas, I am fine with going now and then returning in the morning when we can scout with a bit more knowledge."

He will go the the Naughty Nymph this evening.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by hedgeknight »

Spearmint wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:23 am Ambergris
Thinks.
did I get an answer to my date question, 4th Ukhtar?
The card is for Uktar 4th (November 4th) and is obviously old; today's date is Marpenoth 4th (October 4th) in Realms time. Remember, Willow said he never responded to the invitation ;)

"Well alright then," Scalm says. "I guess we're going to the bathhouse. You coming, Lizard Boy?"
Winter is coming...

Return to “Adventures in Baldur's Gate (5e)”