Character Sheets

jemmus
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Character Sheets

#1 Post by jemmus »

Please post your character sheets or links to them here.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Sheets

#2 Post by jemmus »

The campaign ID is 909.
PCs

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by spanningtree »

How can I post my sheet here, I am working from the XLS.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by jemmus »

You can just share a link with us here.
PCs

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Marullus »

Togakushi no Kentaro ("the Strong Thick Son")
Born to a Low Ronin family, displaced from their place of honor as the Samurai of Mount Togakushi after the Minamoto defeated and replaced the Daiymo his family served. Their honor was broken and their lands disbursed as spoils to the Minamoto's loyal families.
Kentaro was born proud, taught the honor of his grandfather, (Togakushi no Daisuke "the Great Help"), and the duties of his father, (Togakushi no Katashi "the Hard one". He trained at the hand of his father who made ends meet by tracking down offenders for greater families, and bears no love for the Minamoto and little more for the Taira. He watched his father struggle and when he recently died, took up his father's no-dachi and function to serve the greater families and survive. To gain honor for service, his father served as madoguchi to Okinawa no Ryō, a Buddhist who visited the Togakushi Shrines for seven years, hosted in young Kentaro's home. His influence balanced the father's severity with his buddhist nature, love of music, and fascination with every tale of the rich local folklore. He gifted the boy Kentaro his Samisen when he returned to his native land.
Kentaro is skilled in three areas: His grandfather's legacy as a Buke [sword, bow, and horse] for which he bears his heavy armor and dai-sho; his father's hard life as a bounty-catcher for greater families [Sumai, Hojojutsu, and Tracking] for which he bears his father's poweful No-Dachi; and his passion for music which he uses to provide entertainment and convey local folklore traditions (a passion from his Buddhist mentor for which he himself has mediocre skill) [Musical Instrument, Folkore, Court Dance, Popular Dance], for which he carries the Samisen.

Character Sheet
Last edited by Marullus on Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Enoch »

Tamura Katsumi

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

I'm not 100% set on the concept, but I'm thinking Katsumi is the son of a clan leader who struck a bargain or alliance with either a samurai clan or temple that Katsumi didn't approve of- and he did so a little to strenuously, or a little too publicly. His lord and father has graciously "allowed" him to act as his emissary in this matter as a sign of his contrition and repentance.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by jemmus »

Enoch wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:59 am Tamura Katsumi

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

I'm not 100% set on the concept, but I'm thinking Katsumi is the son of a clan leader who struck a bargain or alliance with either a samurai clan or temple that Katsumi didn't approve of- and he did so a little to strenuously, or a little too publicly. His lord and father has graciously "allowed" him to act as his emissary in this matter as a sign of his contrition and repentance.
Looks good. Nice authentic Japanese name (not that that is required). Actually only samurai and ronin have family names, an eta caste person wouldn't have a family name (Tamura). But that can be the character's alias or adopted name if you'd like. Ninja are outside of society after all, they don't have to follow regular social conventions.

Based on this background, let's say that Katsumi's Status is 41. That's 60 for being the son of the ninja clan's headman and assigned a responsibility(Manager status), times .6, this clan's relative importance/power (range of .3 - .8), +5 for enjoying the headman's favor (as his son). These are purely GM calls, per the rules (1062.3, p. 24)

Katsumi's Group Status is 60 (Manager). (1062.2, p. 23). This may rise to 75 (Advisor) when he's a little older and more experienced.

We'll work in Marullus's Genyo's Status after he decides whether he's ronin or sohei. Which requires that I first firm up the information for sohei characters. Working on that.
PCs

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Enoch »

Thanks for that info- I'll drop the Tamura, then (though if he disguises himself as a samurai at some point, he'll obviously use a fictitious family name).
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by spanningtree »

Ito Namguchi

Ito Namagatchi was born into the Matsuamagatchi clan, a smaller clan in the east, and served as an in-service Samurai from the earliest age. As his clan’s size diminished the skill of diplomacy and statesmanship became more important. To Ito, he felt that his ability to grow as a swordsman was reaching its pinnacle and he made the decision to move through the world without the backing of his clan in search of masters that had similar ability to those of lore. For the time being, he travels alone on this search but is open to what the world has to offer.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by ffilz »

Taisho

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eGfG32 ... sp=sharing

Taisho is from a village near Uyeda where his parents have an herbalist shop. As a 2nd son he would not inherit the business so he joined the local Shinto shrine. The shrine being small, he still lived at home. He has undertaken a pilgrimage to Fuji-san.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun
jmacatty
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by jmacatty »

Copy of Usegi Omi Char Sheet.xlsx
(115.16 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Uesigi Omi is the 3d son of a moderately wealthy high rank samurai. Because of his obstinacy and arogance, Omi is constantly fighting with his older brothers. Finally out of sheer lack of anything else to do with the young bushi, his father sends him out into Nippon to make his own name for himself.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Marullus »

jmacatty wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:34 pm Copy of Usegi Omi Char Sheet.xlsx

Uesigi Omi is the 3d son of a moderately wealthy high rank samurai. Because of his obstinacy and arogance, Omi is constantly fighting with his older brothers. Finally out of sheer lack of anything else to do with the young bushi, his father sends him out into Nippon to make his own name for himself.
I checked over your sheet and updated it to the sheet with the new equations and calculations. (You can now show Encumbrance effects by changing cell F3, you can add skill improvement in game to column C, a lot more things also autocalculate).

You are short one Bugei. Choose another (usually from the Bushi bonus skills, but others are also possible if you forgo that bonus) and put it into row 22. You also get "a weapon for each Bugei" so you also get to add an appropriate weapon to your equipment based on this choice.

Your two sheets don't match as to what Arts you chose. You get Court Dance and one Fine Art of your choice from caste and you get one from the pick-list for being Bushi. You list Hawking and Armory on the front sheet and Popular Dance, Go, and Fishing on the Chargen sheet. Fishing and Popular Dance aren't options for you as a high samurai and Court Dance is required. I listed you with Court Dance, Go, and Hawking (as the highest options of those you picked), but you could swap Go or Hawking for Armory if that's your preference.

Your Group Status, Personal Status, Status Factor, and Status in Society will be provided by Jemmus. You'll need to provide your character background for him to determine those (what "High Samurai" means in your case).

Did you succeed in your roll for a Warhorse? (If so, it looks like you and Kentaro have them, Ito does not.) You list different armors. You list "Heavy Samurai Armor (AC5)" on your front sheet. I'm assuming that you mean "Partial Heavy Samurai Armor (AC5), 25lbs" and reflected that on your sheet. If you remove it in civilized areas, you're at AC 1 in Samurai Garb and AC 2 in Winter Garb. [However, you get a +1 AC whenever fighting with a Bugei that's a bonus skill, FYI. That's built-in on these sheets.] It looks like you rolled Good swords, so I incorporated that, too. With STR 22, your proper man-rating bow is 3, so I updated that to match consistently as well.

I didn't try to audit your gear. I just moved over the gear you listed and the coin you indicated remaining on the front sheet (rather than the second).

You had images from the old sheet. I left the character portrait blank for you to pick, but I did insert the accurate family crest for the Usegi clan.

Here's a new copy, save it down and repost: Bushido-Uesigi Omi.xlsx
jmacatty
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by jmacatty »

Thanks very much. Most of the issues you found are because I generated the character the old fashioned way, which I have done many times in the past. Going back and forth between the sheets and the rules got me tired out and I kind of fizzled out. I appreciate your input very much.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Marullus »

Glad to help. :) I am glad for your experience with the actual game (I am, after all, a first-timer) and Spreadsheet-jitsu is totally different bugei. :lol:
jmacatty
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by jmacatty »

I can't figure out how to save the sheet back here. Can you help?
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Marullus »

You should be able to either download it, or open it and "save as" to get it on your own computer. Then you can post it somewhere (like your own Google drive) and share the link back here so it can be updated in an ongoing way.

I also gave you editor rights for where it is -- if it doesn't otherwise work you can use it from my Google drive and keep that as the online copy.
jmacatty
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by jmacatty »

Thanks.
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by jemmus »

Going to save the new, improved character sheet myself. This is a great tool.
PCs

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by jemmus »

PCs' Current Personal Status
Please update your sheets.

Ito (Low Ronin) – Initial On 10 + 5 (1st level) + 2 (o-bakemono kill) = 17. x .6 (bushi) = 10.2 personal status.

Katsumi (High Eta Ninja) – 0 On = 0 personal status (outside of ninja clan or not in service to a daimyo). Group Status inside his clan is excellent.

Kentaro (Low Ronin) – Initial On 10 + 5 (1st level) + .5 (bakemonon-sho fight) = x .6 (bushi) = 9.3 personal status.

Omi (High Samurai) – Initial On 50 + 5 (1st level) = 55. x.6 (bushi) = 33 personal status.

Taisho Middle Heimin Merchant – Initial On 2 +5 (1st level) 7 + 1 (o-bakemono) = 8 x .1 = .8 personal status.
PCs

jmacatty
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by jmacatty »

A character does not receive On for killing creatures. Only Budo.

Return to “Honor or Death (FGU Bushido)”