Chapter Eight: Breakfast on the Queen

BackworldTraveller
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Chapter Eight: Breakfast on the Queen

#1 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Bad News: The Captain has called an 07:30 all-hands meeting!
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter Eight: Breakfast on the Queen

#2 Post by cybersavant »

Reven Stiilpahth gets up, throws on some clothes and ambles out of his quarters to the crew lounge. "What's up, Captain?"
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

DM - Wrath of the Righteous (PF1)
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by Bluetongue »

Arnwulf

Presuming he returned after a night out with Nalani, the crewman arrives at the crewdeck for the report.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by joertexas »

As everyone arrives...

Indrani points to the buffet she's laid out from the better-appointed passengers' galley on the next deck. "Grab breakfast and have a seat."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by The Bindoner »

Assuming she survives the night out with Arnwolf:

Nālani is telepresent via her holo-rig at 7.30 and apparently en route from the Hotel Paradiso.

Many apologies, I will be physically present very soon.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by ateno »

joertexas wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:19 pm As everyone arrives...
Indrani points to the buffet she's laid out from the better-appointed passengers' galley on the next deck. "Grab breakfast and have a seat."
Pranit comes out of his stateroom, arm wrapped and secured.

"Good morning everyone, hope your all well, I'm feeling better, though I can't carry anything for a while. And I'm caught up on 'Tescoro', ha.

Pranit sits carefully at the other end of the table from the Captain after getting easy to eat food and chai.
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Queen
Good Morning. A reminder that all network comms messages to this ship are being blocked. I am detecting a higher than normal humidity in stateroom P1. The CO2 recycler on the Freezer Deck is showing an effectiveness of just 18%. I am expecting no visitors or passengers. No passengers are aboard. One crew member is absent. I am unable to locate my cleaning bot and will be unable to complete Thursday's cleaning schedule.

The broadcast media channel has one mention of the Queen of the Belt in the daily notice of shipping at the port. We are noted as "No Flight Plan" in a belated update from "Detained".
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by BackworldTraveller »

The Bindoner wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:55 pm Assuming she survives the night out with Arnwolf:

Nālani is telepresent via her holo-rig at 7.30 and apparently en route from the Hotel Paradiso.

Many apologies, I will be physically present very soon.
Unlike previous walks, dock 13 seems busy this morning. There is a set of VIP transport that passes you towards the low-numbered docks as you start walking from the station and dock 13-12, next door, has a ship docked and appears to be taking on stores from a panel van parked by the entrance. A quick check shows the the VIPs are probably from the newly arrived vessel at dock 13-2 from Touchdown while the 13-12 ship's last port of call was New Heaven.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by joertexas »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:46 am Queen
Good Morning. A reminder that all network comms messages to this ship are being blocked. I am detecting a higher than normal humidity in stateroom P1. The CO2 recycler on the Freezer Deck is showing an effectiveness of just 18%. I am expecting no visitors or passengers. No passengers are aboard. One crew member is absent. I am unable to locate my cleaning bot and will be unable to complete Thursday's cleaning schedule.

The broadcast media channel has one mention of the Queen of the Belt in the daily notice of shipping at the port. We are noted as "No Flight Plan" in a belated update from "Detained".
When everyone has settled in (except Nalani), Indrani sits back in her chair. "Thank you, Hun. For now, let's keep the comms locked down until we can have someone stand watch. For us, we have an inspector coming in this morning to tell us the good news on the hull integrity. I have a lunch appointment with the other merchant captains, and we have funds enough to make repairs."

She smiles at Pranit. "Pranit will, now that he's on enforced rest, hand out work assignments, and manage the details. Off the top of my head, we have to inspect and load our missiles into their cradles, figure out if we have enough parts to make up a working laser, inspect and stow the other equipment and supplies from the cargo bay, and start on repairs from the laser hit. He can also work on our hacking problem so we can have comms to the ship again. I will work on the weapons, myself."

"Our goal is to get us underway, even if we're only cleared for local operations, as soon as we possibly can. There's work for us hauling water that will get us a few credits. Tibbs, since he's our owner aboard, is primarily handling the issues surrounding ownership. One item I'd add is that we need insurance to operate, which is something like forty thousand per year. Hopefully, he can also lubricate the cradle bearings to obtain our certificates to operate on a restricted basis as soon as we can qualify for them."

"Regarding comms, pick up a comm dot," she points at the group of them on the table, "and we will use them until Pranit can secure our comms. Any questions?"

Sorry if I missed something important. The Texas winter storm has left my household with a lot of problems, and I'm not well focused at the moment. Pretend Indrani mentioned whatever it was she should have :oops:
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Bluetongue »

Arnwulf

"I have a contact merchant who has mercantile and scrapyard here. A grizzly vet Colonel, retired now spending his time bastardizing spares and repairs from auction lots. He might have toolkits and manuals on the missiles and possibly a couple of day jobbers for labour.

I was figuring a morning there might get us stuff to shorten the labouring time."
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by The Bindoner »

Nālani arrives five minutes late and looking up the ships in the neighbouring docks and their posted flight plans.

Sorry, sorry. Late night, yah?

I believe I am assisting Mr Kassel with his survey of the hull this morning. I will make notes of the work and materials needed.
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by cybersavant »

Reven Stiilpahth "Just my duty assignment for today."
gaming since 1980

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by joertexas »

cybersavant wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:40 am Reven Stiilpahth "Just my duty assignment for today."
"If it's okay with Pranit, you can help me with the weapons," Indrani says.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Queen
Some searches were initiated yesterday into possible patterns in the trading history of the previous Captain. Shall I continue those analyses further?
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by ateno »

joertexas wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:07 am
Reven Stiilpahth "Just my duty assignment for today."
"If it's okay with Pranit, you can help me with the weapons," Indrani says.

"That's fine Captain, the two of you work on the weapons, Nālani could you check the stateroom P1 and see if there is something stuck in the CO2 recycler in the freezer deck, then start work on the damage? Everyone let me know where they are at noon. A civvie engineer will be in today, I'll handle him. Anyone have any questions?"

Pranit
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by joertexas »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:44 am Queen
Some searches were initiated yesterday into possible patterns in the trading history of the previous Captain. Shall I continue those analyses further?
Indrani nods. "I think Reven was working on that."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by The Bindoner »

Nālani to Pranit:
Certainly. What am I looking for in this check of P1? It might be easier to find a solution if I know the problem beforehand.

Ah!... I think the engineer may be Mr Kassel, who was aboard yesterday? If so then he is inspecting the outer hull again, we did not complete our survey yesterday. If you would like to walk the skin with him that is good, but I am happy to do so if that is useful.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by ateno »

The Bindoner wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:38 pm Nālani to Pranit:
Certainly. What am I looking for in this check of P1? It might be easier to find a solution if I know the problem beforehand.

Ah!... I think the engineer may be Mr Kassel, who was aboard yesterday? If so then he is inspecting the outer hull again, we did not complete our survey yesterday. If you would like to walk the skin with him that is good, but I am happy to do so if that is useful.
Oh, my bad you were not here, P1 has humidity problems as reported by Queen, she might have time of start and other information.

HHmm, I don't think I can clear myself for suit ops, so I will ask you to do that, when he shows I will call you and I'll take over as I can."

Pranit
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by cybersavant »

joertexas wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:01 pm
BackworldTraveller wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:44 am Queen
Reven Stiilpahth "I was. Not that i really know what I was doing - not my area at all. I did find some stuff."
gaming since 1980

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by The Bindoner »

Queen

Reven Stiilpahth "I was. Not that i really know what I was doing - not my area at all. I did find some stuff."

Nālani tentatively ventures a suggestion: I have some knowledge of the markets, I can review your findings if you like. When I have finished my other tasks, of course.

Return to “A new Heaven? A new Earth (Traveller)”