Quest #32 "Visiting With The Neighbors"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Quest #32 "Visiting With The Neighbors"

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

With three different conversations about this idea going on in three different places, I wanted to get this set up so we can gather here and get this mission sorted. Please port over any posts you want to add, or start the planning here where we can all keep track of the progression easier. Thanks!

Daisy has requested the aid of her new friends on a trip to the dwarves camp deep in the jungle and then possibly to the natives camp at the rivers end.

She has asked around for help, but hasn't had much luck recruiting the frightened townies or any of the militia. So far Liam, Jaxsen, and the Princess have all agreed to accompany her, I think. :lol:

Same routine applies here. Please let me know if you want on or off this list.

Daisy
Jaxsen
Liam
Princess S

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #32 "Visiting With The Neighbors"

#2 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

The Princess is willing to talk to the dwarves. "Let's focus on the dwarves first. If things go smoother than expected, then we can discuss the next steps."

She sets about getting her things in order and gathering supplies.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxsen rises well before dawn, rested and ready to begin his new day. He gathers his small amount of gear, walks out to the beach and begins his exercises and katas, trying to focus more on his hand-to-hand katas than he has been, and just a bit less on his weapon drills.

He will then offer his prayers to Bralm and wash in the ocean. He tops off his water skins and replenishes his ration bag from whatever left over dried food there is at the cooking area, avoiding, if possible the roasted and fried items.

Finally, he makes a quick stop at the Hi-Lo and, if anyone is there, will inquire about bandages. Nothing fancy, just strips of clean, soft cloth suitable for the task. He holds out 5 silver coins and 8 copper ones, explaining that this is all he has to offer and will take as many bandages as this will buy. He cannot imagine that anyone would charge gold for something needed to preserve life.

Once these things are taken care of, he will go to meet Liam and Daisy. Not forgetting the Princess, but Jaxsen has only seen her once, at Daisy's election, and wasn't aware she is going along.
"There is no spoon."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy bustles around, making sure of everything twice. She is wearing her everyday robes, but has packed her formal wear, planning to change when she arrives. She has restocked her First Aid kit, and made sure she has a full waterskin.
While packing her kit, she finds a beautiful yellow stone, picked up as a souvenir from her last visit to Powstap's people. She makes sure it is secure in her kit, knowing it has some power.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam

Arrives rested and clean as he can manage. The buckler and rapier on his hip and the aged studded leather armor fitting him perhaps a bit looser than when he arrived on the island. He looks around at the gathering, trying to be positive and smile, but the concern is obvious in his eyes. Well, good morning everyone. Here's hoping we will be sitting down to swig ale with the dwarves tonight.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#6 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Urson wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:10 pm While packing her kit, she finds a beautiful yellow stone, picked up as a souvenir from her last visit to Powstap's people.
This is the stone found in the pirates treasure, correct?

Also......do you guys want to wait till the others arrive back in town before you leave, or are you content to roll with 4 members?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Urson »

Yes. She never did find out what it does.
FA FO

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by SirOwen »

Well, we do not have a single, dedicated fighter. I would like at least one, or a talented merc. We have one of those around town, don't we? I can't remember his name at the moment. Only about two sips into my coffee. Not a great reputation, but he has come back from the different missions he's been on.
"There is no spoon."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Urson »

Daisy Good points, SO

Daisy meets with the rest of the delegation, looking a little disappointed that there are so few. She sets her pack on the ground. Ah'll be back in a few minutes, ya'll. If you know someone who'll go along with us, please go fetch them.
She walks quickly among the tents and shanties of Beachtown, then stops at one and knocks at the doorframe.
Hrothgar! Sugar, you awake? Ah could use some help, if ya'll are interested.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#10 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The door to Hrothgar's shack opens slowly, revealing the massive human standing there in nothing but his filthy undershorts.

He almost starts to laugh, before burping loudly and then nearly puking out the door. The way he and everything inside the shack smells, the barbarian has been drinking off a good sleep for a while now. Once his eyes finally focus and catch up to his ears, he replies to Daisy.

"First things first. What are you doing, and where are you goin? I got screwed too many times already going off chasing wild geese, and I aint interested in another chase. Unless yer cause is a pretty damn good one, I'm gonna need a little incentive up front this time. Savvy?"

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by SirOwen »

OM was kind enough to point out that the 'Detecting Pits and Snares' group gets back one day before this group sets out. With OM's kind permission, I would bring Dexter Broadleaf along. This would put two of my characters in one adventure, but everyone else is already out of town, I think.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#13 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Yes for Dexter, NO for Monocorpse. :lol:

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy cringed a bit when she saw Hrothgar's condition. Ah don't blame you, Hrothgar. "The workman is worthy of his hire." We're going to the Dwarf mining camp- we're gonna try and make peace with them if we can. Ah had hoped you could go along.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#15 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Hrothgar looks down his nose at the idea, still trying hard not to barf.

"Look Daisy. You know I don't have any problem with you at all." He raises one furry eyebrow at the halfling.

"But I gotta do what's right for me, understand? Capn' says it costs 500 gold coins fer the trip back home, and I aint made shite here yet."

"You got 500 gold pieces to offer your old friend fer this job? If not, ya better keep lookin."

"Sorry."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Urson »

Daisy
There's no need to apologize, sugar. Ah understand ya'll have to make a living. If Ah have a paying job, Ah'll look for you.
Daisy heads back for where the others are gathered, slightly annoyed.
FA FO

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Paladin »

Narramore will not be engaged after his goop-mission, and he'll be topped off on health by this point. If you need a big guy with a sword and shiny armor.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#18 Post by OGRE MAGE »

After having no luck with the militia or the local hired hands, Daisy is happy to see a few more interested adventurers hanging around once she returns to the group. They look a little haggard and half eaten by bugs, but a few of them should top off her groups needs nicely.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy looks a tad worried, but perks up quickly when she sees the new faces. Welcome, ya'll! Ah'm glad to see you here! Ah was afraid it was gonna be just the Princess an' me, and maybe a pointy stick! She laughs.
Ah can see some of ya'll look a little trail-worn- are you ready to go out again? Ah hope things won't be too tough- we're intending this to be a diplomatic mission, not a raid. If ya'll are ready, Ah'd like to get on the trail.
FA FO

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

Thanks to Max....

Dexter, once more back to his smiling, friendly, healthy self, smiles softly at Daisy. "I was beginning to think I might not see you again. I'm glad to be mistaken on that." Then, as his custom, he gets right down to business, "So if I understand this, we're on a diplomatic mission? Make nice with the Stoneguts and then make nice with the villagers, and find out about what and how they farm?" He considers his part in something like that. "So I guess I'm doing the scouting along the road?"
"There is no spoon."

Return to “Completed Missions”