SCAVENGER HUNT: Episode Four: The Quest Object

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

SCAVENGER HUNT: Episode Four: The Quest Object

#1 Post by max_vale »

On the 'surface' of the 'Trash Moon' in the 'Paradise System'

As the half-dozen Rebel Agents moved into the strangely lit room, they all suddenly felt as if they were moving up-hill....the going was slower and harder on the muscles and as they moved into the large, open room, they saw Spilfer standing in front of....something.....

It was a large black sphere perhaps 2 meters in diameter, hooked to some kind of strange power generators and with a silver dish projecting system.....and from the center of it, some kind of strange silver-ish spiral lights seemed to swirl....
SuperAwesomeThing1.docx
(39.33 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Spilfer turned to the Rebels with a massive smile on his face and his eyes alight with greed and wonder...."QUEST OBJECT! We better grab it up before some Ugors show up and ask awkward questions, you bet!" As the Rebels struggle slowly over towards him, the little Squib suddenly moves over to the connecting tubes that run from the sphere to some kind of power generators or locks or something...and he whips out a vibroblade and casually slashes it through the connecting tube/wires and a moment later a high pitch shriek seems to come from a small panel that's almost invisible on the sphere....

Wincing from the noise, Spilfer moves to the sphere, gets on his tip-toes and turns a knob violently until the shriek abruptly stops....and then the knob pops off into his hand. The squib looks at it for a second, then shrugs and puts it in a pouch. The Rebels finally make their way next to the sphere, splitting attention between it and attempting to restrain themselves from strangling their 'guide'; when they notice the sphere is essentially floating now that it's free of its connecting tubes.....

Professor Clark and Jackson both quickly come to the realization that the object is clearly generating some kind of gravity field....which explains why they're moving slowly and sluggishly and why it's 'floating'.....
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: SCAVENGER HUNT: Episode Four: The Quest Object

#2 Post by ybn1197 »

Jackson shakes his head. "Is there any chance that thing isn't what is keeping this moon all together in one piece?"
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

Kit

"Grlrl!"
"Nope"
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Starbeard »

Vale Starcloud

"I have a very bad feeling about this."

To the Squib he says, "My friend, I think you had better put that knob back, whatever it was."
kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by kipper »

"Well, nothing for it but we've got to take it regardless!" Clark says. "At least it should be easy to carry."
Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#6 Post by Solo4114 »

"Hope this thing doesn't damage our ship any..."
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

Zuul moves at a similar pace as when they were on Hoth. He furrows his brow and remarks. "Why iss walking hard? He doesn't seem cold." As he spots the unavoidable, he whistles. A low ominous hiss escapes his mouth.

"How do we move it?"
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by max_vale »

It's slow going, but the Rebels soon figure out how to 'push' the strange looking gravity projector along and they make their way back towards their ship when as they pass by a shattered viewport they suddenly see that the once orderly system of garbage now seems to be a system of garbage flying in every direction, frequently smashing into each other and then rebounding in every which way....including towards the 'trash moon'.....

As the rebel agents....and their squib 'guide', pick up the pace, they find themselves in a large room that serves as an intersection for 3 corridors including the one they just came out of. A collapsed section of wall about a meter high 'stands' in the center of the room like a barricade. Suddenly the distinct clicks of several Blasters being set on Stun or perhaps Kill echo through the room from the other two corridors and through the external comms pickups on the Rebel Agents helmets. A low voice can be heard; "They don't look like Imps to me Cap'n"; followed by a deep, sultry voice that says, "Yes, I'd have to agree...."

A moment later from the right corridor a figure in a sleek black and silver space suit with a helmet with a polarized face shield that hides any details of the figure's space steps out, along with 3 other humanoid figures leveling blaster carbines. From the left corridor, three more humanoid figures likewise step out with leveled Heavy Blaster Pistols (7 figures total) and the Face-shielded figure calls out....

"Well....you must be working for Ploovo or some other gang lord....well, I'm Teehl and Jabba hired me and my crew to snatch that there gravity projector....so hand it over and we'll let you live"....

At about the same time 'Teehl the pirate' is calling out to the Rebels, Clark feels his commlink buzz. Switching it on, but keeping the volume low so that only he can hear it, L9 the cooking droid's voice comes into his ear. "Professor, are you there sir?" A loud sound can be heard emanating from L9s commlink that sounds suspiciously like a violent collision...or perhaps a laser blast. "I'm afraid I'm under attack from that awful ship we saw earlier that reminds me of a Zaktoovian Cucumber. I did my best to move the ship off into space so that we wouldn't be sliced and diced up on the surface like a Rollandia root vegetable, but after they landed and disgorged some half a dozen figures, they took off again and are know pounding me and the ship like a slab of Quallesk Veal! Oh please help me sir!" The sound of another violent collision or laser blast can be heard as the cooking droid trails off.....
kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by kipper »

"Thanks," Clark quickly replies to L9, sure that the droid cannot detect his heavy sarcasm. He then turns his attention to the Pirate:

"Look, we don't even want this piece of junk either, but we've been contracted to collect it. If you knew what we've gone through for this ridiculous contraption you'd know that at this point we're not about to give it up now. I don't know what Jabba's paying you, but I'm open to a compromise that lets us all walk away from this. How about we pay you to tell Jabba you got here just as we disappeared into Hyperspace?"
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rex »

Kit

Kit readies her blaster carbine in case it turns into another firefight.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

Zuul smiles a toothy grin as Clark makes a reasoned attempt at avoiding bloodshed. He suspects it futile but finds it humorous.

Zuul flexes his hand on his weapon. The pirates are clumped together nicely.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by ybn1197 »

Jackson shakes his head. Can't one job ever go smoothly, he thinks to himself. Keeping his eyes on the pirates, he tightens his grip on the blaster rifle, waiting to see who will make the first move.
Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#13 Post by Solo4114 »

Cal sighs deeply. "Here we go again..." and slowly inches his hand towards his blaster.
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Starbeard »

Vale

"You should listen to my friend here, he speaks wisely. A confrontation would serve none of us well. There are other ways for us both to get what we want."
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by max_vale »

Teehl the pirate seems to consider the good Professor's words and her head turns to talk to her compatriots in a low voice that is not heard by the others and then she steps forward, flanked by two of her fellows and takes a step forward. "My companions and I are.....intrigued.....by your offer. How much would you give us to have.....'seen the grav projector being taken by some other annoymous group'....as you suggest"?*

Spilfer the Squib talks with his smug, over-confident voice; "Tall-ones be TERRIBLE at bargaining....watch THIS", he says to his Rebel companions and starts to step forward. At about the same time, all the rebels' comlinks crackle open and L9 the cooking droid's voice comes in loud and clear.....

"I'M TERRIBLY SORRY TO BOTHER YOU ALL, BUT UNLESS I'M MISTAKEN, I BELIEVE YOU ALL WILL NEED A CONVEYANCE SUCH AS THIS SHIP TO GET TO WHEREVER YOU'RE GOING AND RIGHT ABOUT NOW THIS SHIP AND I ARE ABOUT TO BE SKEWERED AND CHOPPED UP LIKE MOLVAKIAN MEAT AND TUBER KABOBS BY THIS MEAN SHIP! PLEASE HELP!" The channel suddenly cuts off with an ominous sounding crash and thunderous pounding sound.....

*Clark and Zuul both notice that as Teehl and two of the pirates move forward, two other pirates sneakily move back and out of sight down the way they came from.
kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by kipper »

"How about laying off our ship while you decide," Clark says, hoping that it's not already too late.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rex »

Kit

"Growl..."
"I don't trust them, we need to get to the ship now."
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Starbeard »

Vale Starcloud

"At this point it could be anybody sabotaging our ship. I'm not sure which would be worse."

Vale steps forward and says, "There can't be any deal until our ship is safe. Yours is probably in danger too. Let's continue these negotiations later."
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by ybn1197 »

"He's right you know," Jackson says with a sneer. "Can't take this thing anywhere without a ride to get away from here. I suggest we check on our ships before getting down to any decent discussions."
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

Zuul watches with an amused eye as Spilfer starts to get involved. When the other newcomer interrupts his face hardens and he glances at the exit. "Time iss short. You must decide soon." He starts to try and mentally trace where the missing pirates could go.

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”