those going to the temple of Tyr

wolfpack
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

those going to the temple of Tyr

#1 Post by wolfpack »

Ruthgar and anyone else?
Last edited by wolfpack on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: those going to the temple of Tyr

#2 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:

Makes his way to the temple of Tyr with Storm and Balasar. Taking in sights on the way.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by wolfpack »

you arrive at the temple, the largest temple of Tyr you have ever seen. Outside the temple is a large marvelously carved statue of the one handed god

You enter to find a few dozen worshipers paying homage at the great hearth along the north wall. You see several preists among the worshipers

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar makes his way in and waits for one of the priests to acknowledge him.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Storm11 »

Storm nudges the cleric and winks. You’re up holy one He says with another nudge, making the praying sign and another encouraging wink. He gives the human man a thumbs up as well for good measure
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Balasar merely observes silently smiling at Storm and his antics.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by wolfpack »

eventually one of the priests makes his way to you.

Good afternoon brothers,may Tyr ever weigh your deeds just.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Storm11 »

Storm leans in, waiting for the end of the sentence. Just ..... In time? I don’t think I get it! he whispers to the half-elf, then shrugs at Balasar.

The small elf directs a pointy ear to the cleric’s down the aisle, hoping to hear more of what transpires.
Greys Campaign.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:

Hello brother, I am Ruthgar Cass, Curate, I am from the northern clergy. I am on a mission of great urgency regarding the safety of the entire world, could I ask you to request an audience with a senior priest for myself and my comrades?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by wolfpack »

I am Lama Yord, i am one of the senior priests at our temple, what is it you wish to discuss that is so urgent.

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Storm11 wrote:Storm leans in, waiting for the end of the sentence. Just ..... In time? I don’t think I get it! he whispers to the half-elf, then shrugs at Balasar.

The small elf directs a pointy ear to the cleric’s down the aisle, hoping to hear more of what transpires.
Balasar shrugs "Not sure I get it either."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:
wolfpack wrote:I am Lama Yord, i am one of the senior priests at our temple, what is it you wish to discuss that is so urgent.
Ruthgar recounts his groups experience at the temple in the swamp, recovering the stone, leaving the stone with Rongo, looking for the other stone, etc...

He highlights the origin of the stones, loss of the stone at the Rongo temple and the clues that have pointed them to some nefarious activity related to the merging of the stones south of Starlorn.

After 5 minutes of recounting he will look at Storm and Balasar to see if they have any comments.

My comrades, there are more than just the three of us, are on a crusade to make sure the merging of the stones and that daemons do not infect our world in mass. Could I ask for the backing of this temple with assistance?

Ruthgar does the secret Tyr handshake, if that is what it takes. He feels they made it just in time.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by wolfpack »

That is all very disturbing, what is it you specifically you seek from this temple?

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:

I recovered this hammer from one of their priests, note the ruins. He will show the cleric his hammer.

The location of the activity we seek is supposed to happen to the south of this city. That is the greatest clue that we have. I would like to see if I can garner assistance locating a concentration of demonic or undead energy and/or activity that direction.

Are there any village that direction that might be good sources of information?

Were not asking for a free ride but could the local clergy for be relied on for advice, healing, etc... this is not an easy task for a simple group of good like minded folks to take on without support.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by wolfpack »

The gods have placed you on this path, it is not our place to go on your behalf, doing so would place us in opposition to the gods wishes.

However if you are inured and come to the temple we will heal you, if you need a place to rest or food to eat you are welcome.

I will speak with the high priest and we will attempt to divine what we can, however form your tale this was already done by the High priest form the city in which you came. New information in that way is unlikely.

To the south of here down the mountain lays the port city of Saferdin sitting on the lake of the Immortals.

From what you have told me you seek an ancient place lost to time and memory. Mayhap you best course would be to find one who studies such things. There are many sages in the city for all subjects.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:

Ja, if you could consult the high priest I think that would be prudent.

Can you recommend a sage? Time grows short and going door to door might prove fatal.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by wolfpack »

there is a sage, from the north, Oslodin in fact, who is observant to the All father. Perhaps he would be most likely to by sympathetic to your cause, and is the only sage I am aware of form the north. I do not know his specialty, however it may be worth checking.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:

Hmmm... not far from where I fair from. Thank you brother Yord, can you give me directions to this sage? Perhaps his name?

Turning to Balasar and Storm: Should we try to track him down now?

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Storm11 »

Storm hold a finger up in the “just a moment” gesture.

Lama Yord, I wonder, do you have access to any divine magic that can sense the source of evil we seek at all? It should be a pretty potent concentration, given the other group we have merged with in this task fought several vulture headed demons and a ... what was the term, cambion, or half demon, and a swathe of melted demonic spirits or something of the kind. A presence of that magnitutore and concentration would surely be more easily picked up by divine antennae one would think, no? We are definitely up to taking on this demonic menace ourselves, we just need to know where to head. If you great people could point us in that direction we will be about stopping it forthwith. Sages are learned fellows, but they rightly require time to research these things, and I fear the whole planet just doesn’t have that kind of time. We can definitely check with one, in the hopes he or she is sitting on the information we seek already, but if they don’t ... well, we have to wander aimlessly south until we hopefully stumble upon their operation by chance. I believe the Lake of the Immortals is the place we can destroy the stones, but we have to know where to go to recover them first. Does that make any sense? We would be most grateful if you could sense where we need to head. Is there an island on the lake perhaps that is sacred to the gods? Or things as old but more infernal?

He agrees with Ruthgar that once our time at the temple is done we should head to the sage. Is it morning still? I can’t recall
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Balasar waits for Storm to finish then replies to Ruthgar "Perhaps it would be wise of us to seek the Sage out. How soon though I cannot say. But I do see logic and wisdom in doing so Ruthgar."

Return to “Antiquities Timeline (1e)”