Re: Return to the Barrow Mounds:

#701 Post by sastaz »

Oh, in the separate Helix threads...
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#702 Post by Rex »

In the appropriate threads I hope. Nothing that needed a private thread yet.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#703 Post by Spearmint »

Yes, there are enough seperate location threads to cover most of your activities and research needs in the village.

Anything extra like, "I want to visit the hairdresser and get the split ends cut and a fade put in the back" can just be posted in the main village thread.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#704 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

Orgoth fills everybody else in:

Vicar Othar, the senior minister in the chapel takes a look at the contents of the goatskin. Squeezing a little out. "I have heard of various lotions, enchanted with additives, healing herbs and rare essences which bring a variety of healing or restorative procedures. I believe some loam was brought in just a few days ago. We have no hospitalery here, which is something I am trying to address though the funds are limited and Krothos prioritizes other taxation projects." The cleric hums a little prayer as he intones a divine detection over the contents and goatskin.

"I at least feel that it has benevolent properties though of what sort I cannot tell. Certainly it doesn't heal as the Hurtloam samples did. I do not know who Cinder's is. The name is feminine I believe. The other descriptive suggests a relation to a genre of Sus 'Oink'ment not ointment.

I am sorry I am at a loss to distinguish more factuality. Have you tried to use any?"

Vicar Othar

"Cinder's. Aah, yes I see the burns connection. Well, unless you test it on someone at the forge or perhaps the kitchen stoves, you won't know for sure. Though I think the script with the apostrophe indicates a name. Either it belongs to or is made by someone.

Maybe someone with access to a library might have archive notes on various practitioners.

Certainly the pungent loam, smelly though it is, has no insidious traits. Shirt if a mage casting some identification enchantment, your best think might be trial and error.

Put a notice up offering a few coins for willing 'guinea pig' testers for a new medicinal. Or take the plunge yourself. I would think it serves a single purpose and has several doses contained in the skin."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#705 Post by sastaz »

Gerdal

"Most generous of you Sven, I will gladly pick up a loan to pay stabling of my mule and wares, and to start set up a place of my own where I can examine these flasks and trinkets in solitude.

Speaking of which, I would really like us to get our treasures evaluated so that I can repay you as soon as possible.

Orgoth, maybe we can store the loam together with my equipment? If I get a small burn, I will try it out on myself. Please let me know as soon as you and Isvand has a price on the valuables. As I said, I could really use the coin.

Sven, I will have a bath and a meal now at the Strumpet, and after that head over to the Foul Pheasant. Catch me there as soon as you are ready to revisit the sage in his tower."

Gerdal takes a loan from Sven at 25 gp
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#706 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sorry everyone! Dealing with a bit of a family medical crisis at the moment and am having trouble finding time to post! I will try to get a few things resolved here today, if I can.

Sven is happy to borrow Gerdal as much coin as she needs. (let me know if she wants more than 25gp)

“Thanks for being tolerant about my treasure division! I hate doing this part, but I want to be as fair as possible.” He winces when Amos talks of giving the scroll away, but nods at the magic sling stone going to Isvand.

After a hot bath, he dons the leather lab coat and wears it around town for a while to see if anything unnatural happens to him.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#707 Post by Spearmint »

Great discussions. Let me see if I can round things up here and then other activities and research can take place in the village threads.

Amos

Receives the scroll of Protection from Evil & Cure Light Wounds. As per his Arcantryl faith he will offer the scroll to his Shrine in Ironguard Motte as part of his devotions. He gives the 'egg-stone' to Isvand and (if Sven is okay with it) takes a vial of Holy Water in return. He takes a week R&R and is available again at the Mercenary Guild from May 7th. Deal with him and future hirelings via the guild thread.

Squires
Jerome's Tome Obituary testimonial. (unsure if this is actually valuable)
Bone framed glasses provides limited infravision.

I am happy to hand wave this transaction or you can post it via the Manse thread. I suggest that as a possibility as Sven & Orgoth do have 'a favour' to call in from the Lordship through administrator Ollis.

Gerdal
Artisan laboratory equipment, several jars of desiccated compounds for potion making, normal equipment but artisan crafted.
Potion of Water Breathing
1st lvl Scroll of Burning Hands & Unseen Servant
3rd lvl Scroll Feign Death & Tongues
(if Gerdal cant use these spells we can swap stuff around)

Orgoth
Goatskin of Healing Loam (Cinders' Oinkment) radiates an aura of enchantment and charm.
Potion of Invisibility

Sven
White Leather Trenchcoat Radiates an enchantment of 'alteration' and 'invocation'
2nd lvl Scroll of Mirror Image

Isvand
Bandolier/Boomerangs Radiates an enchantment
Potion of Speed
Magic sling stone, (unidentified, suspected to be thrown and manifest a spell like effect upon impact).

Sold and split up evenly
2 Thick gold bracelets, (1-Chronex Watch?)
Dragon tapestry:

Visit town businesses in threads to deal with these.

I want to honour Stebans last wish by trying to return the stuff he found on Penelope to any nearby relatives she may have, and we don’t know what some items will bring in for gold yet, so I will wait on the coin portion of the treasure until we have an accurate total. If anyone is strapped for cash right away, Sven will give out free loans to tide anyone over till we get paid in full.

An ode to Steban was penned but not sung in the tavern. You also have the plumed lizardman helm that he took. If no one else wants it, as a suggestion you could give it to the tavern to hang among the other trinkets and memorials that decorate the niches around the saloon.

New supplies for the next foray (hammers and picks?). Just post in business thread or expedition planning thread what you buy at book price and take off appropriate amount of coins. Can be done anytime before you leave.

I think that rounds everything up as far as next moves. If you are fine with that, I will archive this expedition.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#708 Post by sastaz »

Fine by me! Great expedition everyone, lots of fun. Well done all players and GM!!
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#709 Post by redwarrior »

I'm good. Isvand will hop over to the town threads.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#710 Post by OGRE MAGE »

One holy water removed from inventory.

Any chance I can talk Amos out of donating the whole scroll? Maybe rip it in half or something?

Sven shakes his head at Amos wishing to spend an entire week recuperating.

“An entire WEEK? We were only gone for one DAY! If you are serious, it looks like we need to find another cleric who can snap back from adventuring faster. I am not waiting an entire week to return. Our mound could be completely leveled by that time!”
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#711 Post by Spearmint »

So Amos explains.

"I will take a day to travel to Ironguard (5th) and spends some days in my Temple. Then travel a day back. It will not be less than 5 days but I could be available via the guild from 10th May."

As for the scroll.

"As we deepen our walk before Arcantryl, it is customary each time to offer some devotion and sacrifice comes at a personal cost. Though divine favour is reciprocated." Basically in offering the scroll he will receive enough XP reward from the devotion to advance from 1st to 2nd level cleric. So that gives a fractional better NPC with a few more hp and one extra daily spell.

The few days in-between expeditions may be needed to regain health for everyone (characters cannot just turn up to the church in the hope of healing) and also provide a few days to learn new spells, research issues, train skills. So in all probability, you won't be ready to leave town for a few days anyway.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#712 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I would like to continue using adventuring with Amos, so a 5 day wait is tolerable, but not a second longer. :lol:

“Take care of yourself Amos. On your return, I would like to discuss buying out your contract and having you join our team as a permanent member, if that suits you.”
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#713 Post by Spearmint »

Sure that's fine. I think a longer term view of potentially buying out his contract and then trying to recruit him as a retainer is all part of character development.

I was just informing Sastaz in regards to transcribing scrolls spells into her knowledge. Follow the Of Gods and Magic' topic to study the dynamics of adding more spells to your spell book.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#714 Post by Rex »

I am good with everything.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#715 Post by OGRE MAGE »

And finally…..

Monetary division math:

25sp + 17sp = 42sp /6 = 7sp each
(the 50sp Brother Fabian had on him will go to any relatives he had in the area as will the trinkets Penelope had, to honor Stebans last wishes)

400gp + 9gp + 420gp = 829gp -100gp = 729gp /6 = 121.5gp
Amos has agreed to take 100gp for his share of the tapestry and the squires have declined their share. So the profits made from the restoration will be split up evenly between the 4 PC’s. :mrgreen: (Jackpot!)

Sven will hold onto the pearl in case we find anything we need to Identify on our next trip. (We better!) :lol: He will consider that extra value to cover any expenses from this trip such as retainers and supplies, since it will eventually be used to benefit the party anyway. (and I don’t feel like going back and doing any more math) :P

So….
Gerdal, Isvand, Orgoth, and Sven will receive 121gp each and 17sp each.
Amos will receive 221gp and 17sp
The squires will receive 121gp and 17sp and our debt will be paid in full. Sven will take care of this IC since he has been the one dealing with them.

Does anyone see anything I missed or have any issues with this?
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#716 Post by redwarrior »

Isvand needs to pay Sven for the chain out of his share. Other than that, looks good.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#717 Post by OGRE MAGE »

redwarrior wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:36 pm Isvand needs to pay Sven for the chain out of his share. Other than that, looks good.
Did we agree on a price for that already?

If not, how does a half book price of 35gp sound?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#718 Post by Rex »

Looks good. Orgoth pays Sven back the 100gp he owes him from his share.

Sheet update + 21gp and 17sp

Thanks for taking care of everything.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#719 Post by sastaz »

Ok so everyone deduct 25 gp and take 50 xp for funding the bard to perform Steban the Steadfast.

RIP Steban
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#720 Post by redwarrior »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:52 pm
redwarrior wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:36 pm Isvand needs to pay Sven for the chain out of his share. Other than that, looks good.
Did we agree on a price for that already?

If not, how does a half book price of 35gp sound?
Sounds good to me! Sheet updated.

Return to “Completed Expeditions”