Part 2: Enroute to Tragidore

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Part 2: Enroute to Tragidore

#61 Post by GreyWolfVT »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Guessing that you guys are travelling until near nightfall and looking for a suitable campsite.

The party continues on for another hour or so and there are far less farms or people from what you can see on the road. You are now past the very first bend in the road where it turns and goes north for a while. To your east you have the brush directly infront of you is the road and further up you can start to see the forest but it is still a bit distant. To the west is old plowed up farmland with weeds and grass growing up from it. The road still looks very much less used than I might have once been 6 weeks ago or longer. There has been no more people or signs of much life other than the squirrels and birds. You are now nearing about 4-5pm it's starting to get dark as the sun is setting to the west. There are no old abandoned homes or barns to rest in. As it starts to get darker you can see a fog off in the distance slowly rolling in.
Sorry I forgot to tell you Dune that you notice at least 7 figures in the fog.

Dune shouted to wake you all informing you that you have company.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#62 Post by Dune »

Comrades we got company and they aren't the friendly sort. Dune yells.
Lubidius
Runner
Runner

#63 Post by Lubidius »

(OOC: I will attempt to roll away from the camp site undetected, in order to be prepped for a backstab [possibly] if needed. I'm going to be in and out of internet pocket for the coming day+. NPC me as needed please.)
Talmor
Guide
Guide

#64 Post by Talmor »

Eirik grabs his sword and shield and leaps up as quickly as he can. Between the dog and the darkness it takes him a moment to see the figures standing near them and get his bearings. He takes a step forward and cries out "Who are you?!? Taxes? What? Wait...what in the Sacred Name of the Divine Twins is going on?"

push comes to shove, Eirik is ready to throw down. Can I have been sleeping in armor, or am I just wearing clothes. Given the danger and talk of monsters, if I could sleep in armor, I would have.
GreyWolfVT

#65 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Talmor wrote: push comes to shove, Eirik is ready to throw down. Can I have been sleeping in armor, or am I just wearing clothes. Given the danger and talk of monsters, if I could sleep in armor, I would have.
I'm going to assume you all sleep in your armor as a precaution from being more experienced adventurers. Except for perhaps the real heavy metal armors like plate.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by Dogma »

Purturbed by the noises pulling him from slumber, Thifli grumbled and buried himself deeper into his blankets until just a nose and beard poked out. As the noises continued, he drew a great breath through his nose, preparing to bellow at the others to be quiet. Instead of yelling he instead sat up and sniffed the air again, a thoughful look on his face. He slowly reached for his axe and joined the others.

"Careful, lads, I smell orcs," he said in a low voice.
GreyWolfVT

#67 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Lubidius wrote:(OOC: I will attempt to roll away from the camp site undetected, in order to be prepped for a backstab [possibly] if needed. I'm going to be in and out of internet pocket for the coming day+. NPC me as needed please.)
Lubidius is just gone and none of you know where the last any of you saw he was sound asleep.

Passed both move silently and hide in shadows (much easier anyways with it being night now).

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by ybn1197 »

Talmor wrote:Eirik will take last watch.
I suggest Neev take the last watch. Since he is a cleric of Pelor, he can pray and receive his spells as the sun comes up.

Neev rolls out from under his blankets drawing his morningstar and shield up to him in a defensive posture. "May Pelor's light shine bright and force the darkness back," he yells casting Light.
Talmor
Guide
Guide

#69 Post by Talmor »

ybn1197 wrote:
Talmor wrote:Eirik will take last watch.
I suggest Neev take the last watch. Since he is a cleric of Pelor, he can pray and receive his spells as the sun comes up.
Can you watch and do your devotions?
GreyWolfVT

#70 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Just awaiting PyroArrow and Velkymx to reply then I can move into the next actions and NPC response.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by PyroArrow »

Theodore gets awoken and grabs for his long sword. He pauses & looks around & picks up the scent of Lubidious but then loses sight of him, & Orcs in the air!
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)
GreyWolfVT

#72 Post by GreyWolfVT »

PyroArrow wrote:Theodore gets awoken and grabs for his long sword. He pauses & looks around & picks up the scent of Lubidious but then loses sight of him, & Orcs in the air!
Poor Lubidious, he almost matches the smell of an orc hmm but someone cast light and foiled his hide in shadows... :o

velkymx
Runner
Runner

#73 Post by velkymx »

I explain that we have indeed paid our taxes. Why else would or farm be in such a run down state!
Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#74 Post by Dune »

Dune prepares to cast magic missile at the first ugly enemy he sees.orc smorc or not you smelly pigs better run away now you've been warned were not mere commoners as your quickly gonna be able to tell if you bother us further.
GreyWolfVT

#75 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Current Situation: 7 figures were seen coming in through the fog towards your camp. Dune was on watch and alerted you all. Some readied for battle others cast spells and snuck off in the darkness. Talking to try and persaude them you already paid the taxes failed, can tell you saw through the ruse in the story and they now are attacking as some of you could smell they were enemies not true tax collectors.

7 Orcs come rushing in from the fog now visible by a Light spell. Though thrown off by the sudden brightness they still come at you. Lubidius was hidden in the shadows until a bright light flashed outta nowhere and now he is exposed as well.

Orcs Init[1d10] = 7

Combat Round 1: Someone roll group Init 1d10 1st Round they can be hit by ranged.

Actions?

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by PyroArrow »

Theodore

Initiative Roll:
[1d10] = 1
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Talmor
Guide
Guide

#77 Post by Talmor »

Got a 6

[1d10] = 6

Eirik charges the biggest one in the middle with an 18 to hit

[1d20] = 18

That's a -2 AC hit and I do 4 points of damage

[1d8] = 4

After wards, Eirik braces for the punishment about to come his way, hoping his allies will utilize his diversion to its fullest effect. I have an AC of 5.
GreyWolfVT

#78 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright PyroArrow posted first so the groups Init is 1 that means you have won Init.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by PyroArrow »

Ok so just take eirick's to hit & to damage & here is Theodore's for round 1:

To Hit: [1d20] = 17

Theodore gives a left to right, side to side swing with his,
Long Sword (To Damage): [1d8] = 5

Player:

GreyWolfVT

#80 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'll update and post the Orcs attacks after all PC's have attacked.

Return to “Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (2e)”